when's my Thai gf going to offer to pay for dinner?

6 hours ago, cheapskatesam said:

Never had this experience in the west.. girls always offered to pay or go half.. 

don't talk as a 18 year old boy...

You are not in the west here...

If you can't stand the heat... get out the sun...

• Replies 214
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Why not just say it out straight to her...You feel bad..how do you think I felt?  ....mine never paid for anything either and it would have been with my money if she did (I gave her money every month just to have her around, and I bought her a car).

One day I up and left and when she asked me "What's wrong".... I told her straight out...."You kieneow (mean, stingy) too much, I told her....." Go look for Farang who not care".....Bye Bye.

Now, everytime I buy a coffee or a meal it's like getting it for half price ( it only costs me half what it did before).

1 minute ago, transam said:

Perhaps folk have a plan...

Lol...did not take long for that but then this is Thai Visa. Yep, the plan was to marry me and take me for what I am worth?

Trying to get half of a big fat zero from me is pretty hard to do, and she knew that a long while back. Sin Sod not paid and only got married at Amphur with no marriage party. Yes, met my fair share of gold diggers but some Thais are decent and just want to be happy.

There are good and bad; I met my fair of bad ones here as well, and the moment they know you have nothing, they walk pretty quick.

No new car? Gone.

No new motorcycle for them. Gone.

No chance of land or a house? Gone.

You just need to use half your brain. It's not that hard to source the wheat from the chafe.

1 hour ago, biggles45 said:

Its not just with a Foreigner though,  and it is not because she is giving you access to the pussy. Thai culture usually sees the person with the most money picking up the bill. If you were to dine with quite well off Thais you may find one of them paying, this has been written a few times on the forum. 

That explains why I'm never asked to pay, either eating out with my gf or with Thai friends. 

1 hour ago, Katipo said:

If you're with a girl who thinks that's the way, and you're prepared to accept it. There are plenty of girls who take pride in contributing, my gf included. I've actually figured out that having her as my gf actually saves me money. For example, if we go on holiday, she will pay half of transport costs, food, and hotel. So basically, I end up paying for myself as if I was travelling alone, but save 50% on accommodation as she pays for half of that. The more I give to her, the more she gives to me. Fantastic.

Now, I realise finding a girl like this is not the easiest, but finding one who contributes something is not that hard. In my years in Thailand, pretty much every girl I have been involved with contributed to our expenses, and without me having to ask.

My advice would be to talk to your gf about your concerns, specifically asking her questions that will gauge her preconceptions on the issue. Be careful not to come across as accusing however, as that could lead to loss of face or an argument.

I can only assume she knows daddy has a sunseeker in Poole harbour & it's his 95th birthday 

19 minutes ago, kovaltech said:

we are not in the west and we dont look like matt damon

nor brad pitt finding a thai angelina jolie to share life with

7 hours ago, Swiss1960 said:

Correct assumption. YOU are going to pay for all (you forgot her shoe / bag / clothes shopping) and are getting sex in return. Same same here and in the West, case closed.

Sent from my HTC 10 using Thaivisa Connect mobile app

Well, now don't you think there are ever any exceptions? While it is true that the farang usually pays for it all; that is likely because the girls are poor and the guys are rich in comparison. However, you can change the ground rules if you are a hansum man and have a way with women; just find a woman with money.

Have you thought to talk to her?

If it was me I'd be showing her the door.  

Too many guys come here and go ga-ga over the women, giving them everything for nothing (sex doesn't count unless she doesn't actually enjoy it at all and is only doing it out of some sense of duty or repayment to you)

Relationships should be based on sharing, not one person supporting the other.

Gosh a whole month- even if your girlfriend has a reasonable sounding job- the condo rental and repayments on the car- will not leave her with very much.

its all about impressing her friends and family.

Just pay- it makes you feel good- you are looking after the person that provides you with the services you require.

On the other hand Thai Visa seems desperate for a few clicks ? 

1 hour ago, biggles45 said:

Its not just with a Foreigner though,  and it is not because she is giving you access to the pussy. Thai culture usually sees the person with the most money picking up the bill. If you were to dine with quite well off Thais you may find one of them paying, this has been written a few times on the forum. 

I must be moving in the wrong circles then. I have yet to find one paying for mine.

7 hours ago, cheapskatesam said:

Never had this experience in the west.. girls always offered to pay or go half.. 

I never had this experience with girls in Hong Kong or Singapore either.

This country has far too many girls who are from poor families and its often hard to tell that they are not middle class.   I now refuse to date any girl unless her family is from Bangkok and she has been overseas a few times.

At least that (usually) eliminates the poor ones.

14 minutes ago, MaksimMislavsky said:

A man is the one who pays. As to me, no problem with it whatsoever. Moreover, if a girl insists on paying for herself or splitting expenses, I stop seeing her. No exception. Regardless of her ethnicity or nationality. Works well.

Well, it sounds like you are conditioned to be the bread-winner. However, it seems rather drastic to stop seeing a woman just because she wants to help pay. Do you have or want some sort of power trip over the woman? 

When I lived in Udon Thani was seeing a girl there. Off and on. She was gorgeous - and full if it!  Got Curious, so put a tracking app on the fone she uses with 'Friends' He-He. She went home, I drove by the house late at nite ... Nice place. New Jazz in the driveway. She always asked for $$$ for taxi home. 555 Did not care one way or the other, but my curiosity got the better of me.

When will she pay - you will not live long enough to see it !

Ha ha ha ha...... Are you a true ignoramus? Of you're expected to pay for everything. Only way not is dump her and hope the next one is the one-in-a-million that might share living costs with you.

1 hour ago, kovaltech said:

Man, you are speaking to the first runner up of the thai visa poster of the year award.

There was no mix up in the envelopes on this one.

I would feel quite uncomfortable expecting a woman to pay. specially if the meal is affordable.

Helps you get laid later as well.

I once met a nice lady at Bamboo. She was very demure until i paid for her tequila after that she started grinding her ample bottom against me.

well worth the price of a shot.

Be a man and ask her.  If you are not open with her and do not say anything then you deserve to be taken for a ride (literally I hope seems you are paying for it)  

Seriously you are in Thailand and on TV you should know the score TROLL!!!!!!!!

Grow a pair or maybe hers are bigger than yours.

I was out with around 7 thai girls so far... 1 paid for me.. 4 shared and 2 expected me to pay. 

I guess it depends on many things but claiming that all thai girls expect the guy to pay is not true anymore. 

I guess students nowadays want to share more and more.. while uneducated thai girls obviously expect the rich farang to pay.. 

And there is certainly a difference if the girl is from the south/north..age .. etc

Just be honest with her...you have nothing to lose...and if she leaves, then you are the luckiest guy in the world...because you have a new chance to find someone more suited to you...

I've cancelled two trips with my gf, simply because after she gave me info about the trips/itinerary, i thought the trips were too much trouble for the experience gained...it was no problem.

Archived