when's my Thai gf going to offer to pay for dinner?

• Replies 214
  • Created
  • Last Reply
6 hours ago, Lamkyong said:

even then you will have to ask  if you are brave/stupid enough  i suggest if you are hoping to introduce a western type system here you are  on a  voyage to nowhere 

Haha.. my gf was checking her lottery numbers yesterday.. I jokingly said..if you win we go for holiday... she looked at me as if I am one very stupid ferang!!.. 

My wife often pays, sometimes I do, sometimes we split. Be upfront about that and tell her. If she leaves, you just dodged a bullet.

An old sage once told me, "regardless of your socialstatus, you are never entitled to someone else's hard-earned money".

12 minutes ago, SiamBeast said:

My wife often pays, sometimes I do, sometimes we split. Be upfront about that and tell her. If she leaves, you just dodged a bullet.

An old sage once told me, "regardless of your socialstatus, you are never entitled to someone else's hard-earned money".

Same here... We take turns. Luckily my wife had been brought up in an excellent way - her mindset is light years ahead of average Thai women. Keep thanking her mom to have done a great job!

Next time your out to dinner tell her you forgot your wallet, don;t go to an expensive place, maybe 200 baht for dinner, 300 max, when the bill comes, reach for your wallet, oh shit, I must have left my wallet on the table at home, see what she says, how she reacts, and if she goes to pay, let her, her facial expressions should show how she feels, have a spare 1,000 in your pocket in case she says she hasn't got any money with her, if that's the case flick her as fast as you found her, if she pays, reimburse her, never been a cheap Charlie, but then again, have never let a female take me to places either, I pay, I decide, if she leads me to expensive places, I take her to where I want to eat, simple, you want expensive, you can pay for both ! 

The troll is back and you're all falling for it.  He is starting topics that you are supposed to react on . Probably working as a freelancer for TV.

2 hours ago, JHolmesJr said:

I would feel quite uncomfortable expecting a woman to pay. specially if the meal is affordable.

Helps you get laid later as well.

I once met a nice lady at Bamboo. She was very demure until i paid for her tequila after that she started grinding her ample bottom against me.

well worth the price of a shot.

You lost me at 'ample bottom'.    

No thanks.

5 hours ago, colinneil said:

When is my Thai gf going to offer to pay for dinner????       

You for real????   :cheesy:

Wakey wakey, this is Thailand, farang pay end of.

and he's lucky he's not paying for uninvited family and friends. OTOH maybe that's about to happen soon.

9 hours ago, Langsuan Man said:

Like mine:

When she wins the lottery 

How are you guys choosing your girlfriends?  Shouldn't you know these things before you claim her to be your girlfriend?  Once a week my girlfriend goes to the market with her own money and buys food to cook for me or me and my friends.  And that is after working all day.  Yesterday she did win 2000 baht in the lottery and she sent me a message to say that she was taking me out.  Today when I had problems with my motorbike she came right over to help me take care of it.  Make wiser choices.

cheapskatesam

You aint in kansas any more Dorothy. You really cannot be serious.This beautiful, wonderful,Thai creature, who lets you sleep with her, goes through all the motions of enjoying sex with you? Why on earth should she have to pay even harsip for you having he pleasure of her company.Listen mate,girls over here pay SFA.get used to it.And the kicker is, that youve only been with her a month??? did you expect her to start shelling out dosh in the case of a 30 day relationship.Relationships with Thai ladies take time to bear fruit. My Mrs and i worked  together for 7  years, in the bar trade. We were partners in every thing. But i still paid for our nights out and meals,and the odd dress or shoes. That what men do, its what is expected of us. married now for 5 years,she helps out with stuff. She will buy shopping,and cleaning stuff, and she will occasionally treat me to a meal, or a night out in KK, or when we go on holiday.

And you want all this after a month?

Sorry my misguided friend, you've a lot to learn.

6 minutes ago, Khon Kaen Dave said:

cheapskatesam

You aint in kansas any more Dorothy. You really cannot be serious.This beautiful, wonderful,Thai creature, who lets you sleep with her, goes through all the motions of enjoying sex with you? Why on earth should she have to pay even harsip for you having he pleasure of her company.Listen mate,girls over here pay SFA.get used to it.And the kicker is, that youve only been with her a month??? did you expect her to start shelling out dosh in the case of a 30 day relationship.Relationships with Thai ladies take time to bear fruit. My Mrs and i worked  together for 7  years, in the bar trade. We were partners in every thing. But i still paid for our nights out and meals,and the odd dress or shoes. That what men do, its what is expected of us. married now for 5 years,she helps out with stuff. She will buy shopping,and cleaning stuff, and she will occasionally treat me to a meal, or a night out in KK, or when we go on holiday.

And you want all this after a month?

Sorry my misguided friend, you've a lot to learn.

You mean a lot to read up on for his next work of fiction. Mind you have just supped him with a lot.

12 hours ago, cheapskatesam said:

Never had this experience in the west.. girls always offered to pay or go half.. 

Stop having sex with her for awhile... then you don't owe her anything. If you really need sex you can probably find it cheaper elsewhere anyway.

As a confirmed Cheap Charlie, you'd be a damned fool to take her on an all expenses paid shopping trip to Singapore. There's nothing much to do there but shop and everything will cost you much more.

Failing that, why don't you tell her you'd appreciate it if she paid for something once in a while. How do you think she can afford her car and condo? Obviously by getting suckers like you to pay for everything. 

11 hours ago, Lamkyong said:

thats two new words i have learnt today   click bait and fire sale    wow what a fast moving world

And here is another new word for you. Look it up yourself if you have that ability. It describes Thailand 4.0.

Coddiwomple

Archived