when's my Thai gf going to offer to pay for dinner?

1 hour ago, cheapskatesam said:

With the greatest of respect to the posters here ... i'm in my early 30s.. im slim, all my teeth are still here and i'm moderately attractive still.

She knows i'm not wealthy.. i'm always telling her off for turning my aircon on in my room in the day time! My apartment charges 8baht a unit!! 

Ian Maxwell you're a pathetic individual :smile:

So funny! So your are concerned about 8 baht per unit when it is coming up to the hottest time of the year shortly so your 'tee rak' cannot stay cool because you cannot afford a 3000 baht per month power bill.

That is the joke of the month for me on Thai Visa. I think you need to stay at home and earn some more money Son before you come over here.

I would hate to see your face if tee rak ordered mud crab.

• Replies 214
  • Created
  • Last Reply

That´s gonna happen, but unfortunately you will not be alive. It´s going to be for all the food at your burial party. But off course that is also going to be taken from the money you had left in the bank.
Sorry, it ain´t just gonná happen!

32 minutes ago, seancbk said:

Maybe he decided to quit the rat race in his 30's and live frugally in Thailand.   Lots of retired blokes seem to choose that option.   So why shouldn't someone in their 30's.

Maybe he works online and makes enough money to live here very well, but being in his 30's perhaps he still lives frugally and is saving for retirement.  

When I was 33 my salary was 500,000 baht a month, and I spent that and more every month.   I'm a bit older now and kind of wish I'd put more money in the bank back then, rather than most of it 'up my nose'.  

Then again I have a lot of great memories of partying in the hedonistic late 90'/early naughties in Hong Kong.   

And I'm still young enough to do it all over again.

Or maybe this is all in his head. I note you enjoy his posts and tend to agree with him on most of what he writes.

1 hour ago, Gonefortea said:

Op can you tell me as your many threads indicate you only holiday here for a month or so. Staying in the cheapest fan room you can find. Now suddenly you rent a room with aircon or is it an apartment as you mention both in the same sentance? If your only 30 I would presume your still working in home country as you indicate you have little money?. The one your moaning about now is the one you met online or not?.  How many times a year do you holiday here? 

I don't have little money..  i have some small business clients in the UK and USA and i help rank their businesses highly on google search. I basically do next to nothing

I stay in a serviced apartment for 12000

I'm not normally a frugal cheapskate in the UK but Thailand has sent me over the edge.. i'm sick of dual pricing.. getting mugged off by everyone i meet.. i treat the whole experience as a game .. try and get more for less while avoiding getting ripped off. Yesterday i ask the motorbike taxi "how much" and he says 50 baht.. when it says damn well on the sign it is 12baht to my local BTS station and its a well known fact .. 

8 hours ago, cheapskatesam said:

Ok.. i suggested to her that she can pay for the flights to Singapore.. and i will foot the bill for a really nice hotel and all our tickets to attractions (and no doubt the food and stuff) she replied to me with 

"ok"

But then all enthusiasm dropped about the trip and we moved onto another subject 

I'm at the age now.. where i'm looking for a future long term girl and maybe even marriage.. 

She is not in that category anymore.. I'll keep paying for everything as long as i'm getting a regular shag but as of now i'm on the market again looking looking for my true wuv.

"ok"

But then all enthusiasm dropped about the trip and we moved onto another subject 

lol I bet it did ! 

16 hours ago, cheapskatesam said:

This is not normal at all.. i've dated Thai girls that offered to pay for dinner i didn't take them up on the offer because im a proud manly man :smile:.. but the offer made me feel good and comfortable.

Right now i'm just a walking ATM. I'm not paying for sex. She enjoys is just as much as me.. she's also a human with 'needs'.. 

There's no future in this relationship that is certain. 

As long as your ATM card still works she'll be around 

3 hours ago, cheapskatesam said:

With the greatest of respect to the posters here ... i'm in my early 30s.. im slim, all my teeth are still here and i'm moderately attractive still.

She knows i'm not wealthy.. i'm always telling her off for turning my aircon on in my room in the day time! My apartment charges 8baht a unit!! 

Ian Maxwell you're a pathetic individual :smile:

We all tell em to turn the AC off dude 

do u think they had AC in mumas house ! 

But they still leave da f....r on ! 

2 hours ago, totally thaied up said:

So funny! So your are concerned about 8 baht per unit when it is coming up to the hottest time of the year shortly so your 'tee rak' cannot stay cool because you cannot afford a 3000 baht per month power bill.

That is the joke of the month for me on Thai Visa. I think you need to stay at home and earn some more money Son before you come over here.

I would hate to see your face if tee rak ordered mud crab.

Go on tell the boy

"tee rak"

As it went over his head

Coz anyone posting some comments on this one is line to have there pants pulled down 

he won't be worried about a small AC bill by then ! 

even in this day it's amazing who u meet 

I sat next to a bloke LHR - BKK he opened up after the boring 10hrs told me 

sold car 

sold house 

meeting a girl NE end of town 

his life was in his back pack in £ 

& he had never met this bird only online !!!!!

I spanked his ar..e good and proper & sent him home I hope home with his dummie in his mouth ! 

What at a grade 1 C....k 

53 minutes ago, cheapskatesam said:

I don't have little money..  i have some small business clients in the UK and USA and i help rank their businesses highly on google search. I basically do next to nothing

I stay in a serviced apartment for 12000

I'm not normally a frugal cheapskate in the UK but Thailand has sent me over the edge.. i'm sick of dual pricing.. getting mugged off by everyone i meet.. i treat the whole experience as a game .. try and get more for less while avoiding getting ripped off. Yesterday i ask the motorbike taxi "how much" and he says 50 baht.. when it says damn well on the sign it is 12baht to my local BTS station and its a well known fact .. 

Dude 12b ? Are u for real 

On 03/03/2017 at 8:32 AM, cheapskatesam said:

Ok.. i suggested to her that she can pay for the flights to Singapore.. and i will foot the bill for a really nice hotel and all our tickets to attractions (and no doubt the food and stuff) she replied to me with 

"ok"

I'm at the age now.. where i'm looking for a future long term girl and maybe even marriage.. 

She is not in that category anymore.. I'll keep paying for everything as long as i'm getting a regular shag but as of now i'm on the market again looking looking for my true wuv.

Good for you! It's great when a poster comes here for info, especially about something like this, and is able to reach a reasonable conclusion based on any feedback and move forwards.

On 03/03/2017 at 11:02 AM, Ian Maxwell said:

You stupid man it is a two way contract put it this way she does the lady thing by giving you what you want in the bedroom and you are expected to do the gentleman thing by inviting her and paying for food etc !

got it now dumb dumb ! you really are a tight cheap charlie aren't you ! are you not ashamed making statements like thit on here really !

go home and <removed> better still go back home altogether you give us a bad name.

You are actually the stupid man for assuming everybody else's relationships work like yours.

You are also actually the one 'that gives us a bad name' for thinking that all Asian women think transactionally about their bodies.

That last part is backed up by your vulgar language and mindless, inane "Go home" cliche. With an attitude like that, no wonder you have to pay money for your sex. Based on your deeply unintelligent post you have no good name to lose.

21 hours ago, cheapskatesam said:

"ok"

sounds to me like you need to head down Nana way or Soi cowboy and find yourself a real honest gf to hook up with and possibly marry. :shock1:

Posts and responses removed.

7) You will respect fellow members and post in a civil manner. No personal attacks, hateful or insulting towards other members, (flaming) Stalking of members on either the forum or via PM will not be allowed.

8) You will not post disruptive or inflammatory messages, vulgarities, obscenities or profanities.

9) You will not post inflammatory messages on the forum, or attempt to disrupt discussions to upset its participants, or trolling. Trolling can be defined as the act of purposefully antagonizing other people on the internet by posting controversial, inflammatory, irrelevant or off-topic messages with the primary intent of provoking other users into an emotional response or to generally disrupt normal on-topic discussion.

On 3/2/2017 at 3:25 PM, SpeakeasyThai said:

We just got back from lunch, 160 baht which i paid for. You must be incredibly Keno falang!!

if i may venture to guess it just might be the principle and not specifically the amount

one might also wonder why a girl could not make a nice gesture by paying even a paltry 160 baht bill on occasion 

3 minutes ago, atyclb said:

if i may venture to guess it just might be the principle and not specifically the amount

one might also wonder why a girl could not make a nice gesture by paying even a paltry 160 baht bill on occasion 

160 baht is the equivalent of a half day's salary to some, so hardly "paltry".

what i find more irritating than trying to get taken advantage of for meals are the girls that will so easily tell you how much to tip. so easy for them to use other peoples money to come off as prestigious. typically low end girls even if they believe they are not

5 minutes ago, giddyup said:

as long as they realize who they are dating are in definite need of financial support. 

what is wrong with on occasion spending 1/2 days salary to make a nice gesture to the people that have spent so much on you?

Just now, atyclb said:

as long as they realize who they are dating are in definite need of financial support. 

what is wrong with on occasion spending 1/2 days salary to make a nice gesture to the people that have spent so much on you?

Why are you expecting women from a totally different culture than yours to act as if they came from the same culture?

giddyup

Totaly agree, these girls, unless treated, would never eat in the places that we eat in.And yes, they are a different culture, and you cannot expect them to adjust it to suit western ways.My gf, now wife for 5 years, would never assume that she had to contribute to a meal, because she would have no idea how much and she would have been embarrassed to ask.

As for tipping, she was the first to say "dont tip too much, or if/when we come back they will expect more.My old woman has looked after me and steered me through Thai life, when i didnt understand, and has saved me money, rather than made me spend it. Is it so bad of me to have treated her in the past? I knew what i wanted, from the first time i saw her, nothing is too much for me,i have a woman who has looked out for,and has taken care of me,  and has asked for nothing in return.And yes, before some idiotic, know nothing,ignorant fool says it, yes she is from Isaan.

1 hour ago, giddyup said:

Why are you expecting women from a totally different culture than yours to act as if they came from the same culture?

i never expect that but in my own experiences it is not uncommon

6 minutes ago, atyclb said:

For the peanuts that it costs to eat out in Thailand, I wouldn't embarrass myself by asking or expecting the Thai woman to pay half. Most falangs are comparatively wealthy to the average Thai and don't think twice about footing a 4-500 baht food bill at a restaurant. If the principle of it is an issue I suggest looking for another more affluent country

4 minutes ago, giddyup said:

For the peanuts that it costs to eat out in Thailand, I wouldn't embarrass myself by asking or expecting the Thai woman to pay half. Most falangs are comparatively wealthy to the average Thai and don't think twice about footing a 4-500 baht food bill at a restaurant. If the principle of it is an issue I suggest looking for another more affluent country

you are responding to a different comment. reread what i wrote

4 minutes ago, atyclb said:

you are responding to a different comment. reread what i wrote

2 hours ago, giddyup said:

Perhaps make clear what is not uncommon.

5 minutes ago, giddyup said:

Perhaps make clear what is not uncommon.

in my experiences it is not uncommon for the gal to cover the tab or share it. i do not ask them to do so.  in addition some order another round on them.

Really does depend on what kind of background your woman is from.

A lot of men just can't help it. They ooze desperation and come over as feeling privileged or blessed just to be in the company of a woman under 70kg.

Have some pride; if she won't contribute, sling her.

4 hours ago, Khon Kaen Dave said:

giddyup

Totaly agree, these girls, unless treated, would never eat in the places that we eat in.And yes, they are a different culture, and you cannot expect them to adjust it to suit western ways.My gf, now wife for 5 years, would never assume that she had to contribute to a meal, because she would have no idea how much and she would have been embarrassed to ask.

As for tipping, she was the first to say "dont tip too much, or if/when we come back they will expect more.My old woman has looked after me and steered me through Thai life, when i didnt understand, and has saved me money, rather than made me spend it. Is it so bad of me to have treated her in the past? I knew what i wanted, from the first time i saw her, nothing is too much for me,i have a woman who has looked out for,and has taken care of me,  and has asked for nothing in return.And yes, before some idiotic, know nothing,ignorant fool says it, yes she is from Isaan.

"has taken care of me,  and has asked for nothing in return "

sorry mate but your a tad 

" deluded " ?

5 hours ago, giddyup said:

That culture or divide may of been the case 10-20 years ago 

this is 2017 ! 

Most at of these girls have more wealth than us 

but too many of us  never see it ?

5 hours ago, giddyup said:

Agreed but that "some" are few & far between and extremely rare in 2017 in Thailand 

some of these girls have visited more countries than Donald trump & have a choice of passports & still return here because there so cute and getting an easy life from so many donuts that come here ! 

1 hour ago, Itsnottheplaceitwas said:

"has taken care of me,  and has asked for nothing in return "

sorry mate but your a tad 

" deluded " ?

Where do you get off calling someone deluded? His comments make perfect sense to me. Perhaps if you left your preconceived ideas behind for a moment and accept that there are good relationships between Thai women and falangs that don't involve a bar fine..

Archived