when's my Thai gf going to offer to pay for dinner?

On 3/7/2017 at 1:46 AM, cheapskatesam said:

There are hot girls online.. but you need to pay for premium access to stand out from the 99% cheap charlies that message them 

imo the so called "hot girls" prefer to hang out with the better looking younger fit males regardless of how many bloated old farts like us have premium membership.   in addition some of those hot girls are simply paid profile bait.

• Replies 214
  • Created
  • Last Reply
29 minutes ago, seancbk said:

This is what regular Thai's think about the whole issue of splitting bills.

https://www.bangkokexpatlife.com/2017/03/thai-buzz-girls-help-pay-dates

Wow.....Who would have thought? The same mentality like the rest of the world. People really need to get out of bars.....

18 hours ago, seancbk said:

This is what regular Thai's think about the whole issue of splitting bills.

https://www.bangkokexpatlife.com/2017/03/thai-buzz-girls-help-pay-dates

absolutely agree. the more intelligent, more educated, more worldly gals hands down want to share the bill or even invite and pay 100%. seems that some of the self anointed knights in shining armour believe it is somehow degrading or makes a guy cheap.

imo its typically the opportunistic money seeking parasite women that behave this way  (never sharing, helping or paying)  low desirability women in my book

On 02/03/2017 at 0:55 PM, lemonjelly said:

Topic has been done to death on this forum already..... your last troll thread was also inane, you are either :

a) one of the staff trying to click bait 

b). Someone who is too easily amused.

Right - I also remember this self-styled Cheapskate complaining about the cost of dowries. The general advice in his last thread was that this is the culture, and that if he didn't like it he should either go back home and find a rick western girlfriend or stick with renting bar girls over here.

Seems he's trying his luck with regular Thai ladies again - if his story can be believed. This latest one will probably dump him like all the others would have done.

• 1 month later...

Whenever I feel like a laugh I stop by this thread and (if it's still being flogged) I have a look see what will be the latest 'joke de jour'..., or..., maybe I'll have to go back to the OP's original post in order to have myself laugh ? Surely he wasn't trolling...?
Whatever..., that grasshopper has a lot to learn. :wai:

• 1 month later...

she will/might pay once you suggestively and playfully urge her to do so??..if not...your common sense should give you the answer on what to do!!....

same for the Singapore trip, just be a man and make it politely clear that it would be half and half....obviously, if you have 2000 US$ to spend each month and she makes only around 300 US$ a month, be fair and make her participate proportionately and symbolically!!....good luck

On 2017-3-2 at 6:05 PM, colinneil said:

When is my Thai gf going to offer to pay for dinner????       

You for real????   :cheesy:

Wakey wakey, this is Thailand, farang pay end of.

Not true. Only the stupid farangs pay for everything. Any gf of mine here always have paid for any expenses when out and about, whether it's eating out or partying. I'd estimate about 40-50% of the time they'd pay. Avoid the gold diggers and bar girls and find someone normal.

1 hour ago, observer90210 said:

she will/might pay once you suggestively and playfully urge her to do so??..if not...your common sense should give you the answer on what to do!!....

same for the Singapore trip, just be a man and make it politely clear that it would be half and half....obviously, if you have 2000 US$ to spend each month and she makes only around 300 US$ a month, be fair and make her participate proportionately and symbolically!!....good luck

If she's making $300/month then either she shouldn't be asking to go there in the first place if she hasn't got enough money or she should have that money saved up to pay her half. Seems like the OP is being used like an ATM already in his 1st month of dating.

2 minutes ago, bbi1 said:

If she's making $300/month then either she shouldn't be asking to go there in the first place if she hasn't got enough money or she should have that money saved up to pay her half. Seems like the OP is being used like an ATM already in his 1st month of dating.

you also have a point, I admit...

Do you not know sarcasm when you see it?

My post included the laughing emoji.

My Thai wife has never asked/taken 1 baht from me, and if you read posts on here, you would know that as i am a regular poster, and have stated many times about that.

so in future please read/study things before making comments.

42 minutes ago, bbi1 said:

Not true. Only the stupid farangs pay for everything. Any gf of mine here always have paid for any expenses when out and about, whether it's eating out or partying. I'd estimate about 40-50% of the time they'd pay. Avoid the gold diggers and bar girls and find someone normal.

My above post was directed at you, i forgot to click the quote button.

On ‎6‎/‎14‎/‎2017 at 5:50 AM, bbi1 said:

Farangs pay anyway, but seriously, what good looking girl is going to pay her own way to go out with someone twice or more their age and not anywhere fit looking, and shag them as well?

BTW, whatever you may think of them, Thai bargirls are "normal", whatever that means.

1 hour ago, thaibeachlovers said:

Farangs pay anyway, but seriously, what good looking girl is going to pay her own way to go out with someone twice or more their age and not anywhere fit looking, and shag them as well?

BTW, whatever you may think of them, Thai bargirls are "normal", whatever that means.

The only girls interested in grey nomads twice her age is a prostitute, that's clear and simple. But to overgeneralise "farangs pay anyway" is a load of crap. I've had lots of girls pretty much alternate in paying for a meal out, or girls who I didn't go for a meal just come over for some fun, no strings attached.

Yes I agree with you, Thai bargirls are normal everyday prostitutes :)

The answer is never if she is your spouse or you are in a long term relationship. And it's not about being cheap. It is cultural. A Thai man will never allow his Thai wife to be seen paying for their dinner. It's considered demasculating and disrespectful to the man as head of the family and a Thai woman would never do this to her husband. Unfortunately everything these days in the west is demasculating to the male and is creating a lot of confusion. I suspect things are changing among young Thais as they become more infected with western ways.

Sent from my iPhone using Thaivisa Connect

• 5 months later...
On 3/2/2017 at 5:30 AM, Khon Kaen Dave said:

cheapskatesam

You aint in kansas any more Dorothy. You really cannot be serious.This beautiful, wonderful,Thai creature, who lets you sleep with her, goes through all the motions of enjoying sex with you? Why on earth should she have to pay even harsip for you having he pleasure of her company.Listen mate,girls over here pay SFA.get used to it.And the kicker is, that youve only been with her a month??? did you expect her to start shelling out dosh in the case of a 30 day relationship.Relationships with Thai ladies take time to bear fruit. My Mrs and i worked  together for 7  years, in the bar trade. We were partners in every thing. But i still paid for our nights out and meals,and the odd dress or shoes. That what men do, its what is expected of us. married now for 5 years,she helps out with stuff. She will buy shopping,and cleaning stuff, and she will occasionally treat me to a meal, or a night out in KK, or when we go on holiday.

And you want all this after a month?

Sorry my misguided friend, you've a lot to learn.

So you married a bar girl?

On ‎6‎/‎18‎/‎2017 at 6:17 AM, bbi1 said:

The only girls interested in grey nomads twice her age is a prostitute, that's clear and simple. But to overgeneralise "farangs pay anyway" is a load of crap. I've had lots of girls pretty much alternate in paying for a meal out, or girls who I didn't go for a meal just come over for some fun, no strings attached.

Yes I agree with you, Thai bargirls are normal everyday prostitutes :)

Never heard of the long con then?

• 10 months later...
On 3/2/2017 at 8:33 AM, cheapskatesam said:

Never had this experience in the west.. girls always offered to pay or go half.. 

Yeah, but if you let them pay half, they didn't stick around long, or have sex with you often.

Why do you think you're still single?

WHo in hell revived this old post?

• 3 weeks later...

Archived