BANGKOK 23 May 2019 10:16

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

webfact

Cheeky farang prankster dupes Khon Kaen restaurant owners into believing he's Tom Cruise

Cheeky farang prankster dupes Khon Kaen restaurant owners into believing he's Tom Cruise

tcc1.jpg

Image: Reddit

KHON KAEN: -- An unidentified westerner duped the owners of a restaurant in Isaan into thinking he was Tom Cruise - despite only having a slight resemblance to the Hollywood star.

The image of the westerner which took pride and place on the wall of the the traditional som tam and chicken spot in Khao Suan Kwang, Khon Kaen was even captioned “Tom Cruise”.

tom.jpg

File photo: Tom Cruise

The image was shared by a user on Reddit who wrote: “Someone pretended to be Tom Cruise in a small chicken shop in North Eastern Thailand and is remembered there forever. It has a couple of same sized posters of the owner and actual stars from Thailand.”

Another person commenting in the thread also said he claimed to be actor James McAvoy in order to get free stuff off Thai street vendors.

“My friends joke I look like James McAvoy and told a Thai guy at a pancake stall I was him after he said he loved X-Men, he believed them and gave me my pancake on the house. The guilt haunts me to this day,” the poster said.

Via: Mothership

tvn_logo.jpg
-- © Copyright Thai Visa News 2017-03-02

Here in Chiang Mai there is a Soi called Loy Krow... when I walk down there many of the local ladies say I look like Tom Cruise too...

Sadly i hear that this no longer happens in Patayya as the ladies thete are only into nature these days... :coffee1:

Well done lad, i hope you got some free chicken  :partytime2:

1 minute ago, sfokevin said:

Here in Chiang Mai there is a Soi called Loy Krow... when I walk down there many of the local ladies say I look like Tom Cruise too!

Although they will not be giving you anything for free .

Not bothered nor jealous. I am always told that I am handsome. :w00t:

If its any consolation Elvis Presley once entered an Elvis lookalike competition and came third!

3 minutes ago, Thaiwrath said:

The Thai owner looks more like Tom Cruise ! :cheesy:

True. Same size. Duhwarf. Him duhwarf.... 555

Thai also stare at me and i hear them thinking "from which movie is that guy?" Maybe him soccerplayer??

Let this guy fool the thais, they also fool us all day.

Next time I visit Khon Kaen I'll pretend to be Groucho Marx. Let's see if that works to get some freebies, too.

Next time i go to Khonkaen, i can pretend to be  Christopher Reeves        :sorry:

3 hours ago, sfokevin said:

Here in Chiang Mai there is a Soi called Loy Krow... when I walk down there many of the local ladies say I look like Tom Cruise too...

Sadly i hear that this no longer happens in Patayya as the ladies thete are only into nature these days... :coffee1:

Your Cruisin for a Bruisin when they find out your not. 

2 hours ago, colinneil said:

Next time i go to Khonkaen, i can pretend to be  Christopher Reeves        :sorry:

Bit drastic.