Cheeky farang prankster dupes Khon Kaen restaurant owners into believing he's Tom Cruise

webfact

Cheeky farang prankster dupes Khon Kaen restaurant owners into believing he's Tom Cruise

tcc1.jpg

Image: Reddit

KHON KAEN: -- An unidentified westerner duped the owners of a restaurant in Isaan into thinking he was Tom Cruise - despite only having a slight resemblance to the Hollywood star.

The image of the westerner which took pride and place on the wall of the the traditional som tam and chicken spot in Khao Suan Kwang, Khon Kaen was even captioned “Tom Cruise”.

tom.jpg

File photo: Tom Cruise

The image was shared by a user on Reddit who wrote: “Someone pretended to be Tom Cruise in a small chicken shop in North Eastern Thailand and is remembered there forever. It has a couple of same sized posters of the owner and actual stars from Thailand.”

Another person commenting in the thread also said he claimed to be actor James McAvoy in order to get free stuff off Thai street vendors.

“My friends joke I look like James McAvoy and told a Thai guy at a pancake stall I was him after he said he loved X-Men, he believed them and gave me my pancake on the house. The guilt haunts me to this day,” the poster said.

Via: Mothership

tvn_logo.jpg
-- © Copyright Thai Visa News 2017-03-02

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Here in Chiang Mai there is a Soi called Loy Krow... when I walk down there many of the local ladies say I look like Tom Cruise too...

Sadly i hear that this no longer happens in Patayya as the ladies thete are only into nature these days... :coffee1:

1 minute ago, sfokevin said:

Here in Chiang Mai there is a Soi called Loy Krow... when I walk down there many of the local ladies say I look like Tom Cruise too!

Although they will not be giving you anything for free .

3 hours ago, sfokevin said:

Here in Chiang Mai there is a Soi called Loy Krow... when I walk down there many of the local ladies say I look like Tom Cruise too...

Sadly i hear that this no longer happens in Patayya as the ladies thete are only into nature these days... :coffee1:

Your Cruisin for a Bruisin when they find out your not. 

Yesterday while paying a Traffic Cam speeding ticket in Khon Kaen police station the clerk I was dealing with told me  her co-workers agreed that I look like Col. Sanders. I didn't have any free chicken to pass out. I wish in Thai hair salons they would just cut my white  goatee  when I ask them to. About 70% of the time they won't/can't. Does this happen to anyone else?

4 minutes ago, colinneil said:

Lighten up, just a laugh.     :cheesy:

He was in a wheelchair, i am in a wheelchair.

If i cant laugh about my situation its a poor do.

My comment was light-hearted too, obviously, in view of his current circumstances!

Leonardo DiCaprio was recently in Thailand before flying back to Los Angeles to attend the Oscars night. He was spotted in Phuket watching Muay Thai fight, Sathorn-Bangkok night club and had a day out looking round the temples in Ayutthaya. Not a fake Celeb but I thought I'd share this news. Watch how many babes get into his car after a night out partying in Sathorn, Bangkok. Phour, he's one lucky fella.

People tall me I look like Bruce Willis.....I always correct them and say...."No, Bruce Willis looks like me".

(That course I went on to do something about my inferiourority complex was really worth the money)!

2 minutes ago, colinneil said:

The poor man is dead, so i have no fear of being sued for defamation.

Jeez, you make it hard work, I know he's dead!   That was the point of my "bit drastic" comment but never mind.

There are a lot of very short-sighted people in Thailand, particularly women who work in bars. I hear lots of them shouting at the oldest, ugliest falangs, "Come in, handsome man!"

I just pretend I am deaf and walk straight on.

4 hours ago, sfokevin said:

They're probably confusing both of you with Jack Reacher.

5555555555555 this is my hometown of 6 years i always buy my gai yang from him, Never noticed this picture though as he has quite a few up and i always get take away so never really paid much attention ,

I'm going to give him stick later 5555555555555

5 hours ago, TVGerry said:

All white people look the same!

I was in a bar in Calgary years ago and there was a Chinese guy in there pretending to be Jackie Chan. I didn't fall for it but plenty of people did.

On the other hand I saw the real Hulk Hogan in a patpong gogo bar (also many years ago) and he was trying to pretend he was someone else.

There's a guy in Koh Lanta that loves to tell locals that he is a "famous" actor...a simple google search or IMDB visit would prove the fellow a liar, but no one even bothers...I was there only two days and once anyone knew I was American, they would tell me that xxxx lives here too...they showed me youtube videos of Thais proudly having their photos taken with the guy...and he's used his "fame" to secure loans from businesses, screw the ladies, and even get special treatment from the police...people believe what they want...the facts don't matter

Archived