Cheeky farang prankster dupes Khon Kaen restaurant owners into believing he's Tom Cruise

webfact

17 hours ago, Jonmarleesco said:

They're probably confusing both of you with Jack Reacher.

17 hours ago, Jonmarleesco said:

They're probably confusing both of you with Jack Reacher.

Given the amount of ladyboys in Pattaya it'd more be a case of Jack Reacharound...

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply
12 hours ago, bangrak said:

It's years ago, but in several places I could not convince the owners I was not Steve Davis (though I'm not ginger and don't wear glasses...), even had to play pool once, having no other choice, I went for it, telling I would play with my 'bad hand' (while it was my best), so happy they were, telling I was so polite (though I did the best I could), LOL!

There even was that 4-star-L Bkk hotel where they called me Michael Schumacher, and though I kept saying no-no-no, time after time, they kept giving me fancy free upgrades and local transportation, go figure...

I guess for, many, Thais it's as hard to make a difference between us as it is for us between kinds of Thais and staff from neighbouring countries...

Oh, and I met a guy in a bar who is, really, looking a lot like George Clooney, I 'discretely' spread it around, he seemed embarassed at the time, but I guess he didn't have to pay any drinks to the ladies to get some interest from them, or free drinks...? I saw him again, later, and felt sorry, as he told me he didn't appreciate the attention he got, as the girls had been speaking around... 

..isn't vanity a wonderful thing.

Some years ago some friends and I were celebrating in an exclusive upstairs part of a well known local restaurant. People at a neighboring table, who had been giving us strange looks all night, came up to ask for autographs. They had decided we were Crosby, Stills, and Nash!

Before he cut all his hair off, my mate Joe could have passed for Crosby anywhere, I had just a passing resemblance to Stills, but the other mate looked very little like Nash. We had a good laugh for some time  with these people trying to drunkenly effect American accents and remember any songs the group had sung.  I think they left quite puzzled.

45.jpg

When I look at this pic I can see Joe! The resemblance was amazing!

These days I look more like Gerard Depardieu

de.png

On ‎2‎/‎3‎/‎2560 at 11:16 AM, sfokevin said:

Here in Chiang Mai there is a Soi called Loy Krow... when I walk down there many of the local ladies say I look like Tom Cruise too...

Sadly i hear that this no longer happens in Patayya as the ladies thete are only into nature these days... :coffee1:

I was standing talking to a Loy Krow girl when a tom cruise went past he was very fat and wobbling, she said hello handsome man, tom Cruise, and after he had passed she yelled out " only joking"

'

This happened a long time ago.I know that chicken place.We visit, at least twice a month.I've also seen the picture on the wall.The place is about 15 kliks from where i live, on the KK to Udon road.I laughed when i saw the pic because,its obviously not him.I actually told the owner it wasn't TC, but he wouldn't believe me.He had kidded the staff he was TC,  he even had another guy with him, who he said was his minder.

The kicker is, that one of the girls(30 odd now) in our village was in the restaurant at the time, and got talking to the TC imposter and the minder.She offered the minder a free short time, so she got screwed both ways.My wife, now she's seen this, cant wait to casually inform her of her case of mistaken identity,and the fact that she never even got paid for it.

I will be going to the restaurant again soon,i will take my computer, just in case the owner has had wifi installed.:cheesy:

Archived