App dating gone wrong: Ladyboy student attacked by WeChat man she turned down

snoop1130

App dating gone wrong: Ladyboy student attacked by WeChat man she turned down

By Coconuts Bangkok

645132.png

The victim, Rawisara Phenphichijit, shared details about the horrific attack on Facebook.

A transgender university student was brutally attacked and robbed near Chok Chai 4 Market in Bangkok this week by a man she met on WeChat app who “didn’t look like his photos.”

Rawisara Phenphichijit, 21, filed a report with Chok Chai Police yesterday after she shared details about the horrific attack on Facebook and the post went viral.

The Facebook post, which stated that the incident happened on Monday night, said: “I was just wandering in the market, playing with my phone, and suddenly one guy grabbed me by the arm. Then he called 3 other friends to help him drag me to the river. The area was so remote. Maybe he thought I was a woman. Then he told me to hand over my phone. The three guys punched me, hit my face with a brick, hit my nose…I was in so much pain.”

Full Story: https://coconuts.co/bangkok/news/app-dating-gone-wrong-ladyboy-student-attacked-wechat-man-turned/

coconts_logo.jpg
-- © Copyright Coconuts Bangkok 2017-3-2

• Replies 83
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

A transgender university student was brutally attacked and robbed near Chok Chai 4 Market in Bangkok this week by a man she met on WeChat app who “didn’t look like his photos.”

Shivers down my spine!!!!! A transgender IMHO is never a she but rather an it. Sorry... not a PC guy here...

18 minutes ago, LazySlipper said:

Shivers down my spine!!!!! A transgender IMHO is never a she but rather an it. Sorry... not a PC guy here...

yes "It" should have been sodomized by all three men and then beaten and burned alive.

You know, because it is only a "'It".

44 minutes ago, LazySlipper said:

No, you are not politically correct, but as the calling of the transgendered person a she is what effected you rather than the abduction and assault, it is fair to say ou are also not a morally correct person.

1 hour ago, LazySlipper said:

The choice isn't yours to make.

If a person wishes to be addressed by a particular personal pronoun , then that choice should be respected.

57 minutes ago, SiamBeast said:

Stop using "she".

The guy still didn't have the right to beat this person and treat this person like that. But it's a man who tried to fool someone.

So basically you are saying she deserved it. She was trying to 'fool someone'? 

And no, we won't stop using 'she', get used to it, we have moved on from the 19th century now

Regardless of what happens, you do not have the right to beat somebody like that. That's aggravated assault and can lead to serious consequences. What I am saying is, this person did not do everything in its possible to avoid being a crime victim. Let's say you go to Chicago and park your car right beside the drug dealers's alley with the keys inside - it doesn't give the right to anyone to steal your car, regardless of how easy you make it for them, but we all agree that you didn't take the necessary measures to avoid being a victim. It's the same for this student. I believe the assaulter should be punished, but I also believe that the student should be more careful.

You are in the 21st century, so you must know "what is what". A table is NOT a bottle. A carpet is NOT a door. A man is NOT a girl. It is impossible to change someone's sex. There are 2 options: male, and female. You are born with one and stick to it for the rest of your life. This being said, this student has the right to dress like he wants. He can wear skirts, make-up, high-heels, etc. and I will respect his choice, but I will not call him "she", because it would be wrong. We use "he" for males, and "she" for females, and "it" for objects. No other option is possible.

I can't bring my own food to the cinema claiming that my food identifies as a book. I can't cheat on a test because my phone identifies as a pencil. You must know what is what.You can't become something else just by identifying as it. Fortunately I'm not to concerned by this problem, IMO it will disappear by itself, because:

1) Doctors will find it harder and harder to justify the medical complications of a sex change

2) Nobody finds that attractive. OK, maybe a small minority, but FAR lower than the number of people who mutilate themselves.

Just my opinion on that - you have the right to disagree.

4 minutes ago, SiamBeast said:

Regardless of what happens, you do not have the right to beat somebody like that. That's aggravated assault and can lead to serious consequences. What I am saying is, this person did not do everything in its possible to avoid being a crime victim. Let's say you go to Chicago and park your car right beside the drug dealers's alley with the keys inside - it doesn't give the right to anyone to steal your car, regardless of how easy you make it for them, but we all agree that you didn't take the necessary measures to avoid being a victim. It's the same for this student. I believe the assaulter should be punished, but I also believe that the student should be more careful.

You are in the 21st century, so you must know "what is what". A table is NOT a bottle. A carpet is NOT a door. A man is NOT a girl. It is impossible to change someone's sex. There are 2 options: male, and female. You are born with one and stick to it for the rest of your life. This being said, this student has the right to dress like he wants. He can wear skirts, make-up, high-heels, etc. and I will respect his choice, but I will not call him "she", because it would be wrong. We use "he" for males, and "she" for females, and "it" for objects. No other option is possible.

I can't bring my own food to the cinema claiming that my food identifies as a book. I can't cheat on a test because my phone identifies as a pencil. You must know what is what.You can't become something else just by identifying as it. Fortunately I'm not to concerned by this problem, IMO it will disappear by itself, because:

1) Doctors will find it harder and harder to justify the medical complications of a sex change

2) Nobody finds that attractive. OK, maybe a small minority, but FAR lower than the number of people who mutilate themselves.

I do. 

3 minutes ago, SiamBeast said:

You have the right to be massively wrong too, and coming across as wholly ignorant of trans issues 

3 minutes ago, SiamBeast said:

Of course we reserve disagree with dinosaurs and bigots. 

She was not the one fooling anyone.. the guy she met did not look like his profile pics and she decided not to date him. 

There is no mention of her getting attacked because she was a ladyboy and did not disclose this fact.  Nice to blame the victim who only refused to date someone. 

43 minutes ago, Bluespunk said:

If a person wishes to be addressed by a particular personal pronoun , then that choice should be respected.

Agree.

doesn't matter if you are Male, Female or transgender. Doesn't mean we can degrade the person to some names or reference like "it" because of their gender disorder.

Seriously the person who made that "it" statement, grow up and don't be insecure. You don't need to degrade others to be assure of your own gender or sexuality

I'm told, by a friend who was a teacher at a university,  in his classes, there would be each term or year, a transgender male/women.  According to him, the TG student would dress up as the female, go through the appropriate behavioral and physical changes and looked stunning and the teacher was challenged to differentiate the physical tells.  The TG students were on task

Sadly, they would be some point in the term the TG would come to class, face cover with bruises and wearing big  sunglasses covering an apparent beatings; then,  later the TG student would drop out of school. 

Can only guess the cause, sad outcomes..

12 hours ago, NCC1701A said:

yes "It" should have been sodomized by all three men and then beaten and burned alive.

You know, because it is only a "'It".

Sorry bub... my comment did not endorse in any way the violence done to that man. Interpret my comment any PC way you want to... My remark is about society and newspapers calling things the way they are. McDonalds with their "i'm loving it" campaign is changing the way kids see, think about and write English. "love is a state verb and cannot be used in the present continuous... etc etc etc... but hey it's ok...who cares

When the media starts changing the definition of things eventually it becomes the norm.  A trans-gender will never be a man nor a woman -- just a confused person. The only ones I can see eventually having to make a choice in the matter are the poor people being born gender neutral. 

You are probably like this guy I worked with who thought that getting a B-Job from a katoey did not make him gay. Things are what they are and should be called the way they are. 

So, anyone thinking I was endorsing a person being beaten should stop trying to read between the lines. I say what I have to say and there is no ambiguity to it.

Edited by LazySlipper

11 hours ago, Shawn0000 said:

No, you are not politically correct, but as the calling of the transgendered person a she is what effected you rather than the abduction and assault, it is fair to say ou are also not a morally correct person.

PC... are you the morality police? As per my post above... the critique of this news article goes way beyond the beating of a person.

10 hours ago, Bluespunk said:

Agreed but in this case it is the reporter who decided to call the person a "she", and if a trannie wants me to call him she I have the freedom of will to choose to call that person whatever I choose. So bluespunk... what do you want to be called? "us, our, we"???

18 minutes ago, LazySlipper said:

Sorry bub... my comment did not endorse in any way the violence done to that man. Interpret my comment any PC way you want to... My remark is about society and newspapers calling things the way they are. McDonalds with their "i'm loving it" campaign is changing the way kids see, think about and write English. "love is a state verb and cannot be used in the present continuous... etc etc etc... but hey it's ok...who cares

When the media starts changing the definition of things eventually it becomes the norm.  A trans-gender will never be a man nor a woman -- just a confused person. The only ones I can see eventually having to make a choice in the matter are the poor people being born gender neutral. 

You are probably like this guy I worked with who thought that getting a B-Job from a katoey did not make him gay. Things are what they are and should be called the way they are. 

So, anyone thinking I was endorsing a person being beaten should stop trying to read between the lines. I say what I have to say and there is no ambiguity to it.

Have to ask, why do you use the most ridiculous comparisons? McDonalds? What has that got to do with anything,,, and another poster talking about tables and chairs.

We are talking about human beings, not inanimate objects. And trans people are not 'confused', they know what they want to be, or are. 

So, you carry on stamping your little feet while the rest of the world moves on. 

2 minutes ago, PremiumLane said:

Have to ask, why do you use the most ridiculous comparisons? McDonalds? What has that got to do with anything,,, and another poster talking about tables and chairs.

We are talking about human beings, not inanimate objects. And trans people are not 'confused', they know what they want to be, or are. 

So, you carry on stamping your little feet while the rest of the world moves on. 

You obviously did not understand what I was saying. PM me and I will explain it in layman's terms.:saai:

Edited by LazySlipper

7 hours ago, Rhys said:

I'm told, by a friend who was a teacher at a university,  in his classes, there would be each term or year, a transgender male/women.  According to him, the TG student would dress up as the female, go through the appropriate behavioral and physical changes and looked stunning and the teacher was challenged to differentiate the physical tells.  The TG students were on task

Sadly, they would be some point in the term the TG would come to class, face cover with bruises and wearing big  sunglasses covering an apparent beatings; then,  later the TG student would drop out of school. 

Can only guess the cause, sad outcomes..

Fantasy nonsense.

56 minutes ago, LazySlipper said:

When the media starts changing the definition of things eventually it becomes the norm.  A trans-gender will never be a man nor a woman -- just a confused person. The only ones I can see eventually having to make a choice in the matter are the poor people being born gender neutral

Your so afraid that the norm is changed because that would mean you would be wrong calling them different. Let me tell you here it has always been the norm to refer to a transgender as she. I have know a few through my ex wife and the Thais called them she too. They are just far more tolerant than where you are from. The transgender is not confused at all she knows what she wants she wants to be a girl.

I have no idea if getting a B job from a ladyboy makes someone gay, even if it does.. what is the problem with that. Though I can see how that scares you again. It looks like your one of those people who is afraid of gays and maybe your own deep feelings about the subject.The harder you fight and deny is often a good indication about it. There have been quite a few guys that went hunting to hurt gays who were gays themselves and thought by hating them they could suppress their own feelings. 

I am happy i grew up tolerant, and never felt threatened by others what they liked sexually. Happy to be broad minded and not to pass judgement on others sexuality. 

Just a side comment for all those people who think ladyboys hide that they are ladyboy and you have to be careful otherwise you get surprised when you get back home and by accident have sex with one. 

I did quite a bit of dating with dating apps and normally but you could either see someone was a ladyboy or it was mentioned in the profile or they said it while chatting. I can't imagine anyone wanting to fool anyone because the risk of violence is there then.

Maybe its just a fantasy for guys to get surprised and it excites those that mention it but I am pretty sure its not a reality.

Maybe if your dead drunk and has been mentioned to you and your drunk brain did not pick up on it (loss of inhibitions) but cant really see this happening for real. 

Ladyboys don't do it for me, but they have a right to be and there are guys who like them. Live and let live. 

12 minutes ago, robblok said:

Your so afraid that the norm is changed because that would mean you would be wrong calling them different. Let me tell you here it has always been the norm to refer to a transgender as she. I have know a few through my ex wife and the Thais called them she too. They are just far more tolerant than where you are from. The transgender is not confused at all she knows what she wants she wants to be a girl.

I have no idea if getting a B job from a ladyboy makes someone gay, even if it does.. what is the problem with that. Though I can see how that scares you again. It looks like your one of those people who is afraid of gays and maybe your own deep feelings about the subject.The harder you fight and deny is often a good indication about it. There have been quite a few guys that went hunting to hurt gays who were gays themselves and thought by hating them they could suppress their own feelings. 

I am happy i grew up tolerant, and never felt threatened by others what they liked sexually. Happy to be broad minded and not to pass judgement on others sexuality. 

And you are so tolerant that you do not tolerate my post...

BTW I am not gay bashing. I actually have gay friends and I work with many gay people who are really nice. 

So, if a ladyboy calls himself she it means that you are having sex with a woman... right??? 

3 minutes ago, LazySlipper said:

And you are so tolerant that you do not tolerate my post...

BTW I am not gay bashing. I actually have gay friends and I work with many gay people who are really nice. 

So, if a ladyboy calls himself she it means that you are having sex with a woman... right??? 

It means I am having sex with a ladyboy who likes to be addressed as she. Maybe I might consider a post op one really as a girl (never tried nor have I tried with a pre op one). A ladyboy will always be a ladyboy but just prefers she and use the female Thai politeness forms as she identifies more with a woman then with a man. 

Is it that hard to give them this.. i feel to see how it harms people. 

1 minute ago, robblok said:

It means I am having sex with a ladyboy who likes to be addressed as she. Maybe I might consider a post op one really as a girl (never tried nor have I tried with a pre op one). A ladyboy will always be a ladyboy but just prefers she and use the female Thai politeness forms as she identifies more with a woman then with a man. 

Is it that hard to give them this.. i feel to see how it harms people. 

What do you think of the trans-gender issue with the toilet thingy in the US???

South Park actually covered the topic really well... but what do you think??? 

I think we should get some toilets ready for the day they discover alien life... :sorry: