Two women killed instantly as car plunges from third floor of Hat Yai department store car park

webfact

42 minutes ago, dotpoom said:

What a world we live in....first few posts are more interesrted in telling us how much they know about cars....and not one word of condolences for the deceased, their families or their loved ones....God help us all.

May the two ladies  RIP.   and may God grant their families the strength to cope with their loss...

Jeez, god help us all, maybe the rest of us didn't know them well enough to express our condolences to their families who will not be reading this forum.  Do you express your condolences for everyone who dies that you did not ever know?

Why should a god step in now with strength for the bereaved, he didn't seem to be bothered as the two ladies were about to die horribly, did he?

• Replies 78
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 hours ago, trogers said:

Shows the real price of buying driving licenses. Luckily, no 3rd party has been a victim.

Has anyone checked under the car yet?

17 minutes ago, KhunBENQ said:

My English must be quite bad today.

Absolutely nothing to do with what I want to describe.

Of course I try to describe what happened when they wanted to drive away,

And it's really quite simple, isn't it?

"95% chance that they parked the car reverse (as almost all Thai people park reverse in the garages)."

"My English must be quite bad today."

You're right, it's certainly easily misinterpreted.  Perhaps you meant "reverse parked" as opposed to "parked the car reverse"?  As you said yourself, it's really quite simple, isn't it?

58 minutes ago, dotpoom said:

What a world we live in....first few posts are more interesrted in telling us how much they know about cars....and not one word of condolences for the deceased, their families or their loved ones....God help us all.

May the two ladies  RIP.   and may God grant their families the strength to cope with their loss...

No God will not grant the families anything... because they are Buddhist and don't believe in God.  Maybe if that God was so good at granting things he might have caught the falling car with his big hand and saved the ladies.

For now the ladies are enjoying their next life.  Hopefully the driver will be a bit more safety conscious in her next life. 

5 minutes ago, jak2002003 said:

No God will not grant the families anything... because they are Buddhist and don't believe in God.  Maybe if that God was so good at granting things he might have caught the falling car with his big hand and saved the ladies.

For now the ladies are enjoying their next life.  Hopefully the driver will be a bit more safety conscious in her next life. 

Are you for real....

32 minutes ago, KhunBENQ said:

My English must be quite bad today.

Absolutely nothing to do with what I want to describe.

Of course I try to describe what happened when they wanted to drive away,

And it's really quite simple, isn't it?

Foot on brake pedal, ignite car,

"Foot on brake pedal, ignite car..."

QED.

9 hours ago, lemonjelly said:

<deleted>wit architects in this country can't even design proper walls and barriers

From oxcart and wooden houses to turbo diesel and 3 storey concrete malls in 2 generations. Nothing new. Technology fast. Intelligence slow.

3 hours ago, KhunBENQ said:

I bet it was an automatic, Fortuner ("SUV" style, big and high).

95% chance that they parked the car reverse (as almost all Thai people park reverse in the garages).

Shift to R, car slowly moves back.

Panic trample to the accelerator and off we go.

So yes, to my opinion it's doable even with these hollow rails and the curbstones

Toyota Vios

2pm.jpg

17 minutes ago, transam said:

Are you for real....

More real than someone thinking their Christian god will 'grant' blessings to the victims families...  How insulting is that comment to make... to people of a different religion and believe system?!

Its a tragic accident they died... the families will hopefully get strength and support form their own families and friends, and also from their religion and personal beliefs. .  The poster might rather they go to some missionary Church and push Western religion on them.

If someone came to me after my loved ones died and started saying God will grand me strength and blessings.. or they will pray for me... I would be VERY ANGRY at their lack of understand and sensitivity. 

I've often found it curious why the Thai's appear to have an obsession with reversing into parking spaces. I've never posted about it before but it certainly cost these unfortunate laddies their lives.

It always seems to me there is usually more room to reverse out of a parking slot, not to mention the frustration of waiting for someone to do a 6 or 7 point turn to get into the parking space. Not to mention the subsequent struggle to load the purchased goods into the boot.

12 minutes ago, emilymat said:

I've often found it curious why the Thai's appear to have an obsession with reversing into parking spaces. I've never posted about it before but it certainly cost these unfortunate laddies their lives.

It always seems to me there is usually more room to reverse out of a parking slot, not to mention the frustration of waiting for someone to do a 6 or 7 point turn to get into the parking space. Not to mention the subsequent struggle to load the purchased goods into the boot.

They don't want to reverse on to a little kid on their way out...

9 hours ago, Briggsy said:

<deleted>wit architects in this country can't even design proper walls and barriers to prevent an obvious likelihood of something like this happening.

Sent from my y-fronts using Thaivisa Connect

Cost and Spec.

I am sure the architects could design something to prevent cars going over the edge. They work to the specifications they are instructed to. "Beautiful / not more than 2000 B per metre" might have been the brief.

lemonjelly is right

Cost and Spec is not an excuse, when my neighbors chat in their condo I hear them through the wall  :sad:

4 hours ago, djayz said:

They would have walked away if the driver had put the vehicle into 1st, and not reverse. 

I love SAAB! Beautiful cars! 

They would have walked away if they Only fell 8 feet instead of the third floor of a carpark

4 hours ago, worgeordie said:

On the phone,taking selfies,definitely not paying attention, RIP

regards worgeordie

Exactly my thoughts. If an inexperienced driver with Khao San Rd. style driving license, automatic transmission and iPhone come together it needs multi tasking and not Thailand 4.0 skills.  

<deleted>wit architects in this country can't even design proper walls and barriers to prevent an obvious likelihood of something like this happening.

Why would they.

Safety has never been a priority for roads, construction, personal safety at work, etc.

The day after you die, Mai pen rai.

"The railing on floor 3A was damaged " That's important in investigative journalism? Was the floor dirty as well? Sheesh!

May they RIP and condolences to families and friends. A terrible deadly mistake it seems.

Sadly when building anything here in Thailand, the first attempt seems just to be able to get the feel for it, then after they realise the horses arse they have made of it (or had it pointed out to them) they may just have another go or two. There are only two ways of building / doing anything in this place and that is the Thai way and the right way, sadly it often takes a lot of attempts to get to the latter.

2 hours ago, redwinecheese said:

lemonjelly is right

Cost and Spec is not an excuse, when my neighbors chat in their condo I hear them through the wall  :sad:

In both cases responsibility does not lie with the architect who designs to budget. Rather it lies with the cost cutting developers.

The Toyota Prius. Has a very counter intuitive automatic gear shift lever. With this automatic gear shift stick. If you pull it backwards. The car will go forwards. If you pull it forwards. The car will go backwards. This can be very confusing. Even if you have had a Toyota Prius for a while. It can still trip you up this way. I wonder, if Toyota has the same set up. With the vehicle at issue. Other wise, the Toyota Prius is a great car.

23 minutes ago, Briggsy said:

In both cases responsibility does not lie with the architect who designs to budget. Rather it lies with the cost cutting developers.

If you want to know the quality of soundproofing of walls in a completed condo unit, just look at the quality of the entrance door.

A sad loss of 2 lives may they RIP

It amazes me the comments people send in. This was a accident that should never have happened but it did and it cost the life of 2 people. Obviously all the "clever" people never <removed> up. It must be so boring being perfect

Archived