300kg of marijuana worth Bt2.25m seized in Nong Khai province

snoop1130

300kg of marijuana worth Bt2.25m seized in Nong Khai province

By The Nation

Authorities on Friday seized more than 300 kilograms of marijuana which was being shipped across the Mekong River in Nong Khai province.

Nong Khai governor Suchart Nopphawan announced the seizure of 322 kilograms of marijuana sticks, estimated to be worth about Bt2.25 million, which were found in nine fish seed sacks covered in black bags. 

“Military officers got a tip-off that drugs would be trafficked into the country near the water pumping station between Ban Mai Sai Thong and Ban Nong Kung Nuea villages in Phon Phisai district.

Full Story: http://www.nationmultimedia.com/news/breakingnews/30307869

thenation_logo.jpg
-- © Copyright The Nation 2017-3-3

17 hours ago, snoop1130 said:

Military officers got a tip-off that drugs would be trafficked into the country

Someone getting rid of the competition ?

Or was it a decoy and was a full truck load getting into the country just around the corner ?

So is this supposed to be a success? No arrests, no boats seized just smugglers dropping a few drugs and making off ready to do the same again in a few days time. 

“I ordered the military to combine forces with relevant agencies to keep close watch on anything suspicious ...."  It seems the "relevant agencies" could not even muster a boat of their own.  Funny that, I have seen quite large Maritime Police (not sure official name)  camps along the Mekong.  They have no boats?

22¢USD per g is the retail price, not wholesale.

Not overpriced for Moldy Cambo, 555.

It's about $20/g at the dispensary near me, but quality is superb, no mold and no seeds.

The Cambo is a very happy, up feeling but it's difficult to ingest enough by smoking it.  It's just not strong enough.

It's no Chocolate Thai, Purple Thai or Golden Thai.

(I got some Thai sticks once in the 70's.  No it was not opiated, it was seedless, golden with red highlights and very soaring, not sleepy feeling)

It's part of Thailand's history, heritage and pride.  That Thai stick was some of the best weed I've ever smoked...

Right up there with Columbian Gold, Acapulco Gold, Santa Marta Red (AKA "Panama Red"), some green fluffy weed in Cali, and a Colorado strain that was a cross between some Purple Thai dominant strain and a cross of Super Silver Haze and Cinderella 99. ?

Archived