Rejected entry to Thailand because too many tourist visa

5 minutes ago, Penefattore said:

So after I suffered injustice by them you suggest I should reward them forking out half a million baht ?

I did not become rich rewarding those who treated me like shit , but rather going where I got treated best.

Your not that rich running in and out of Thailand on Tourist visas and visa exempt issues. It's just not the done thing you see.

Edited by Lovethailandelite

2 hours ago, ezzra said:

With 10's of million of tourists pouring into Thailand every year, the authorities

can now have the luxury in thumbing their noses at certain class of tourists,

today are the one with too many visas, tomorrow could be to old, too young

or not dressed nicely enough, those immigrations boys has gone of the

deep end with their everyday new laws and regulations....

Indeed following their antics has become a full time job ... being a resident or a tourist in Thailand requires a degree in international law. 

2 minutes ago, Lovethailandelite said:

Your not that rich running in and out of Thailand on Tourist visas and visa exempt issues. It's just not the done thing you see.

I don't  "run in and out" , I travel to other countries to follow my investments there. For example this time I came without a tourist visa because I have to visit Laos at month's end, so I needed to stay only 30 days. I am in the process of a big reallocation of my portfolio and liquidity, so I am visiting many new countries to explore investment opportunities. 

Is it not possible to get the money from an ATM and then go through immigration again?  Different officer, different result maybe?  I would offered the immigration officer 1000baht for 'someone' to accompany you to the ATM in arrivals and then back to his desk.  Surely something like this could be arranged.

Just now, texanaust said:

Is it not possible to get the money from an ATM and then go through immigration again?  Different officer, different result maybe?  I would offered the immigration officer 1000baht for 'someone' to accompany you to the ATM in arrivals and then back to his desk.  Surely something like this could be arranged.

no, you are completely off track. They did not really care about the money, they just wanted an excuse to kick me out , as they can't expel someone because of too many visas (there's no such rule stating that) they used the lack of cash as something to write in the report (and in total bad faith).

5 minutes ago, Penefattore said:

I don't  "run in and out" , I travel to other countries to follow my investments there. For example this time I came without a tourist visa because I have to visit Laos at month's end, so I needed to stay only 30 days. I am in the process of a big reallocation of my portfolio and liquidity, so I am visiting many new countries to explore investment opportunities. 

Flying all around the world with no money in your pocket? Sure, you sound pretty astute. Still, at least you can go direct to Laos.

2 hours ago, Get Real said:

As it has been told in other threads in this forum, there are ATM´s before Immigration counter. So there is no use in an excuse of no access

Although some banks have a withdrawal limit and its below 20 000 Baht.

They would have to wait in the airport until the next day and make two withdrawals

11 minutes ago, Penefattore said:

Did I miss how many times a year you are entering on visa exempt?

Because I have a lot of entries by any standards in the overall passport (and the previous 3) and whilst certainly being a true tourist I dress nice nicely and always say good morning/afternoon/evening to the guy/girl with big smile.10 seconds of respect hurts no one

Like probably 99% of others never have a problem

Just now, sanemax said:

Although some banks have a withdrawal limit and its below 20 000 Baht.

They would have to wait in the airport until the next day and make two withdrawals

yes, I know that especially US banks have. My friend have a limit on 10000 Bath.
Really, this isn´t the point. The point is that it´s just foolish, with all the information that is available about this.
Not carrying the right amout of money is just silly, and there is absolutely no need to discuss about ATM.
People that travel prepared and with the right papers together with the knowledge needed gets in. The others just get a good lesson for next time.
Might be expensive, but still very good. As a always say: An expensive cold shower, always cleans out the ignorace in people.

2 minutes ago, Chivas said:

Because I have a lot of entries by any standards in the overall passport (and the previous 3) and whilst certainly being a true tourist I dress nice nicely and always say good morning/afternoon/evening to the guy/girl with big smile.10 seconds of respect hurts no one

Like probably 99% of others never have a problem

All good but I would suggest there is possibly an instruction to further check say 10 people a day. By way of example as an immigration officer if you wanted to check 10 people with no hassle/additional work, easier select those that look like they will be carrying the required amount, would rather throw a spanner in the works for the rich who don't carry cash!!

• Like 1

30 minutes ago, Lovethailandelite said:

Flawed logic coming from a PE promoter.

Not all of us that have money see value in that option.

I'm off to HK next month you see, to get another tourist visa. HK weather is lovely this time of the year.

1 minute ago, Chivas said:

I'm neither rich or poor but simply would never contemplate travelling 6000 miles without at least £2000 in hard cash every time no exceptions. Who the hell travels that distance and relies solely on cards.

Hell even back home I dont leave house without walking around money of £500 or so

Understand, but there are those of us with bank accounts in Thailand, so no need to carry a bundle of cash,

And to be honest, I am only too happy for my wife to handle all transactions in Thailand, I never carry more than 500 baht when not doing anything special - low stress lifestyle!

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, KhonKaenKowboy said:

This is another one of many posts here, where if the OP would post his nationality, skin color, religion, and general personal appearance...things would likely be much more clear.

Having read his entry/visa history I would suspect that set alarm bells ringing, unfortunately he got nailed on the cash!

3 minutes ago, Penefattore said:

no they sent me back to Singapore , that is from where I was coming.

a Russian woman was sent back to Vietnam.

Singapore is nice. Get yourself booked in to a suite in Raffles. They like a credit card. It wouldn't be good class to be counting a bundle of cash out at reception on check out.

• Haha 1

Not sure if they look the other way with British passport holders? I did 7 visa exemptions back to back in 2016, then a tourist visa, which I'm currently, on. I've never been asked to show the 20k cash. And this was all after a 2 year overstay which I cleared just a couple weeks before the blacklisting bans came into effect. And in total I've been here in Thailand almost 8 years as a digital nomad.

• Like 1