Rejected entry to Thailand because too many tourist visa

1 minute ago, 473geo said:

Having read his entry/visa history I would suspect that set alarm bells ringing, unfortunately he got nailed on the cash!

Appears so I do agree. Warning for all who dont travel cross borders with bundles and rely on cards that its an idea to put the equavalent of 25,000 Baht in your bumbag/wallet each time

7 minutes ago, KhonKaenKowboy said:

This is another one of many posts here, where if the OP would post his nationality, skin color, religion, and general personal appearance...things would likely be much more clear.

I am la creme de la creme of farang seethi , the perfect gentleman , and don't you dare to utter further foolishness.

I am actually the type of tourist/resident TAT dreams of , but really does not deserve.

All was going ok , when the counter officer said I had been in Thailand too many times and had to send me to his superior officer , was taken to a place nearby and there started my ordeal.

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

tried to enter at Suvarnabhumi just with EU passport and got denied entry because of too many tourist visa/visa exemption on arrival. When asked for money proof I showed my Thai banks ATM cards but they wanted to see only cash (that I could not access before Immigration barrier)
What sort of crazy place has Thailand become ? now I will go to Phnom Pehn to see if they can give me a visa and will try to re enter just to recover the staff in my Pattaya condo and the millions baht in my stock/market and bank accounts , but I am seriously thinking to relocate. 

What do you mean by "recover the staff" in your condo? Do they work for you?
  • Haha 1

4 minutes ago, sanemax said:

If the 20 000 Baht rules , were clearly stated and enforced every time at every check point , then people would realise this and have the money on them

But as the rule is only sometimes adhered to , people may be inclinned not to carry the money with them

If you are doing an overland visa run, you would have to take 20 000 Baht to a neighboring Country and carry it around with you, for a few days .

Once it becomes common knowledge that foreigners are carrying around 20 000 Baht in cash, I expect there will be a surge in muggings

If they applied the rules, there would be a surge of people heading home. Have you never noticed every other post asking for a consulate or embassy that doesn't ask for financial proof? The country is full of foreigners with no money. No wonder immigration have suspicions of how people fund themselves.   

4 minutes ago, sfokevin said:

You have lived here for over 10 years... You say you have enough money to travel the world... and have said you have had a "Retirement Visa" visa in the past... why then did you not just go to the trouble of having that visa extended annually and at the same time get a multiple re entry permit?...  :coffee1:

IMG_1841.JPG

because I was actually thinking of leaving Thailand and coming here only in winter , in fact in May I went to Europe exploring  Moldova and Ukraine coming back in July. I had no reason to think I could not resort to tourist visas later anyway , they actually suited me better as I did not need to stay in Thailand for long periods and had other trips in mind.

You can keep your stupid memes for yourself.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Penefattore said:

I am la creme de la creme of farang seethi , the perfect gentleman , and don't you dare to utter further foolishness.

I am actually the type of tourist/resident TAT dreams of , but really does not deserve.

All was going ok , when the counter officer said I had been in Thailand too many times and had to send me to his superior officer , was taken to a place nearby and there started my ordeal.

I think your a creme de la creme of a fantasist.

Just now, Penefattore said:

Yep, exactly. What are you? Tourist or resident? Can´t be both.

And still there were questins about what "staff in you Pattaya condo is? People working for you on a tourist visa?
In that case TAT and Immigration is not in line with you.

12 minutes ago, sanemax said:

If the 20 000 Baht rules , were clearly stated and enforced every time at every check point , then people would realise this and have the money on them

But as the rule is only sometimes adhered to , people may be inclinned not to carry the money with them

If you are doing an overland visa run, you would have to take 20 000 Baht to a neighboring Country and carry it around with you, for a few days .

Once it becomes common knowledge that foreigners are carrying around 20 000 Baht in cash, I expect there will be a surge in muggings

exactly, in ten years I have never been asked to show cash , this time it was just a ruse to be able to fill the report , the young guy shouting at me was quite aware that I actually had plenty of funds to stay in Thailand.

3 minutes ago, sanemax said:

The rules are stated clear enough. Can´t complain about everything again.
If they enforce or not enforce is not the point! The point is that every person are prepared when they come to Thailand.

Why in the world would you need to carry 20000 Bath with you, and risk a robbery??? That´s one of the most silly statements I´ve heard this week.
Option 1: Take them out in an ATM before you go back in trough the checkpoint.
Option 2: Lock them up with the hotel safe or the reception desk at the hotel
(In this special case) Option 3: Get the right visa instead of a tourist visa for long stay, and all the problem is over.

Warning: Don´t be foolish and carry to much money on you in a foreign country.

7 minutes ago, Lovethailandelite said:

If they applied the rules, there would be a surge of people heading home. Have you never noticed every other post asking for a consulate or embassy that doesn't ask for financial proof? The country is full of foreigners with no money. No wonder immigration have suspicions of how people fund themselves.   

I disagree .

A flight home would cost 20 000 Baht

So, its not a case of whether they have the money or not, its a case of whether they have it in cash at the time .

Very few felangs in Thailand have less then 20 000 Baht available to them , and those that do, will probably not be doing visa runs

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Penefattore said:

it was just a ruse to be able to fill the report , the young guy shouting at me was quite aware that I actually had plenty of funds to stay in Thailand.

This attitude is similar to other reports in recent days. In my opinion it's just one or two overzealous officers with a chip on their shoulder. It may be worth trying Don Meaung next time, even though up to this point people have been saying Suvarnabhumi is better. 

Or you could fly into Laos / Cambodia / Myanmar then come into Thailand over land border, then you can't be deported anywhere if rejected. 

2 minutes ago, Get Real said:

Why in the world would you need to carry 20000 Bath with you, and risk a robbery??? That´s one of the most silly statements I´ve heard this week.
Option 1: Take them out in an ATM before you go back in trough the checkpoint.

People have stated that there are no ATMs before immigration .

Also, some ATMs have a withdrawal limit of less then 20 000 Baht

Some foreign ATM cards do not work in certain Thai ATMs and sometimes withdrawals are rejected .

My UK  ATM card only seems to work with Bangkok Bank ATM machines , other ATM machines sometimes allow withdrawals and some dont , even BB ATM sometimes reject my withdrawals .

The only sure way of having the money (Robberies permitting) , would to be too take it out before you leave Thailand , carry it around with you for a few days and then show it on return if asked too

for the last 10 years, i've spent 8-9 months a year in thailand using tourist visas and visa exempt entries.  i turned 50 last year and discovered thaivisa.com while i was googling to find instructions on how to get a 'retirement visa' in country.  i learned of the cash carry requirement (20,000thb) from thaivisa.com and have made sure to always have that with me (sometimes i have more as i bring in USD after my trips to USA).  i've never been asked to show it.

i go back to my home country (USA) for several months at a time.  in 2016 i did one month and two months.  in 2015, i did four months straight.  all my tourist visas come from USA.  did one border run, 8 or 9 years ago.  when i leave thailand and plan to return for a visa exempt entry, i make a point to stay somewhere for at least a week.  usually two.  i did only 5 days in manila this year as i knew i would be in hong kong for three weeks (with only 10 days in thailand in btwn).  i did get stopped by immigration about 5 yrs ago and they told me to use more tourist visas and less visa exempt entries.

just carry the cash plus proof of onward travel (even with a visa) and you should be okay.  when we hear about people being refused entry for too many tourist visas, even though they have cash and onward travel, then it is time to seriously consider the thai elite visa (for those under 50).  

• Like 2

Just now, chuang said:

If one is to spend time in a foreign country is it too much to ask if one has 20000 baht on hand....

Or 500 Euros that buy you some good jeans, some sneakers, and a nice shirt? 

2 minutes ago, ajarngreg said:

If 20,000 baht seems to be so much money to carry around then I'm guilty of changing money in Pattaya's broad daylight and leaving the place with 2.2 million baht.

I have spent 20K in only one night when on a 2 week holiday. 

20,000 baht these days is an amazing amount of 538.25 Euros, 464.955 Quit, or 571.755 US dollar.

I haven't seen an ATM in Thailand yet with a limit less than 20,000 baht. And I'm not a freshy here, traveled the whole country, used my European ATM card and never had a problem. 

Some peoples home banks have a maximum daily withdrawal limit of under 20 000 Baht per day

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, ajarngreg said:

If 20,000 baht seems to be so much money to carry around then I'm guilty of changing money in Pattaya's broad daylight and leaving the place with 2.2 million baht.

I have spent 20K in only one night when on a 2 week holiday. 

20,000 baht these days is an amazing amount of 538.25 Euros, 464.955 Quit, or 571.755 US dollar.

If you're so worried about thieves, get a cash belt, or similar. 

I haven't yet seen an ATM in Thailand with a limit less than 20,000 baht. And I'm not a freshy here, traveled the whole country, used my European ATM card and never had a problem. 

20,000 baht is now a normal days holiday money now in Pattaya. That's the amount friends work on when they visit. It's barely enough for a decent night out in Bangkok. I went in a Go Go Christmas Eve, I cannot normally be bothered but got dragged along. I got a bin for 7,000bht and came out alone lol

Just now, sanemax said:

Some peoples home banks have a maximum daily withdrawal limit of under 20 000 Baht per day

You can easily tell your bank that you're heading to Lieland and you can tell them the limit you want per day.

Can't be that difficult, can it? 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Lovethailandelite said:

20,000 baht is now a normal days holiday money now in Pattaya. That's the amount friends work on when they visit. It's barely enough for a decent night out in Bangkok. I went in a Go Go Christmas Eve, I cannot normally be bothered but got dragged along. I got a bin for 7,000bht and came out alone lol

Guess you meant 70,000?

• Like 1