Thai dictionary

KC 71

• 3 months later...

That is the dictionary I have been using.  It is very good for beginner through to about mid intermediate.  At that point I am starting to come across words not in it or cases where I want more explanation than the one or two words which are the closest English equivalent.  Still at that pount it is probably time to switch to  a Thai-Thai dictionary anyway.

That is the dictionary I have been using.  It is very good for beginner through to about mid intermediate.  At that point I am starting to come across words not in it or cases where I want more explanation than the one or two words which are the closest English equivalent.  Still at that pount it is probably time to switch to  a Thai-Thai dictionary anyway.

Your idea of switching to a Thai dictionary interests me because I made the switch as soon as I had learnt the script. I did it because I also switched to Thai textbooks for learning grammar at the same time. I think that it was a mistake because I used the official Royal Institutes dictionary and often, after deciding that I understood a word I didn't bother to check with a T-E dictionary with the result that my interpretation was at odds with almost everybody else. Having a good number of equivalent words could be an advantage in your switch or you may find it better to use an online dictionary like Longdo which has both English and Thai definitions.

Sent from my iPhone using Thailand Forum - Thaivisa mobile app

Archived