Jump to content
BANGKOK

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Scouse123

Megaexpat TV

Recommended Posts

Hi,

 

 Has anybody purchased one of the mega-box TV deals at 9,999 baht???

 

It advertises no monthly bills and 1000s of channels. I am told it is not the same as Expat TV which as you guys know does monthly subscriptions.

 

It really would be helpful if I could get an opinion on here with somebody who has purchased one. They sound great, but this is Thailand.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Mega box TV is just another name for an OVERPRICED Kodi set top box, because the app is FREE

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
31 minutes ago, Allstars said:

Mega box TV is just another name for an OVERPRICED Kodi set top box, because the app is FREE

 

 

This is true, avoid any seller that forces you to buy a box,

 

any decent IPTV provider should be able to get you up and going on a any SMART tv within 5-10 minutes, bespoke systems that lock you to a certain box are a scam.

 

Avoid anyone selling the boxes, go for sellers that can get you working with the kit you already have.

 

If you must have a android box, you get them from Pantip or fortuneIT for much cheaper. Any box with 2gb ram and s912 chipset will have plenty of firepower for all streams other than 4K, which may push the gpu too far

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 minutes ago, skippy121 said:

Avoid anyone selling the boxes, go for sellers that can get you working with the kit you already have.

Actually I went with a seller that guarantees his build and provides support for 12 months.

I am more than happy with the result.

 

And 9,999 baht is a bloody expensive box!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Easiest way go to LAZADA buy a box you like ,get it send C.O.D,

install MOBDRO,KODI, or easier if new to IPTV ,tvadonns.ag,thats

like KODI, but already has add ons already installed.and you will

save yourself  up to 7K THB.

regards worgeordie

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Yes Guys,

 

I already have an Android box, Kodi with a Pulse build that I put in, Mobdro, Showbox all of that. I also have a paid subscription to Netflix.

 

It's just that I got a free trail with expat TV and the picture quality is a world away to the good. I then came across Megexpat TV and they say they offer all of this and more for 9,999 baht, state of the art box, IPTV channels for sports and 1000s of movie channels with no monthly contracts, that is what got me interested.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, worgeordie said:

Easiest way go to LAZADA buy a box you like ,get it send C.O.D,

install MOBDRO,KODI, or easier if new to IPTV ,tvadonns.ag,thats

like KODI, but already has add ons already installed.and you will

save yourself  up to 7K THB.

regards worgeordie

been there tried that , low quality streams that infrequently are down come 3pm kick offs or PPV boxing

 

I have tried 2-3 services over the last 2 weeks, I would rather pay for IlikeHD or BritishExpattv , I trialled this one yesterday

 https://www.facebook.com/AussieExpaTV

It is early days but my smart tv  works very well with it and I prefer to stick to using one remote, early days yet I will sign for 6 months with the aussie system and if I am not happy after that I will go back to IlikeHD or BritishExpatTV

 

I just want to watch TV, I dont want to be messing around with cheap chinese boxes, I have a zidoo X8 that my wife uses for watching soaps on at the bedroom tv is not smart, she can watch for hours without hassling me where with a old mxq box she would be complaining that it had crashed again.

 

Each to their own but my preference is this 

https://www.facebook.com/AussieExpaTV/   for me on my Samsung Smart curve TV via 3bb/AIS  not true internet

Then the wife uses the decent android for her nonsense,  everyone happy, does it cost , yes.  

but happy wife = happy life

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Scouse123 said:

Yes Guys,

 

I already have an Android box, Kodi with a Pulse build that I put in, Mobdro, Showbox all of that. I also have a paid subscription to Netflix.

 

It's just that I got a free trail with expat TV and the picture quality is a world away to the good. I then came across Megexpat TV and they say they offer all of this and more for 9,999 baht, state of the art box, IPTV channels for sports and 1000s of movie channels with no monthly contracts, that is what got me interested.

You get ALL that with a decent Kodi set up, at half the price.

 

And then it is guaranteed that you get 1 year support and your set up doesn't die in 6 months.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

another alternative is to get a MAG256 box

 

this work with 99% of IPTV suppliers and if your supplier uses videoclub as well , then it provides all the movies you could need.

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
16 hours ago, skippy121 said:

been there tried that , low quality streams that infrequently are down come 3pm kick offs or PPV boxing

 

I have tried 2-3 services over the last 2 weeks, I would rather pay for IlikeHD or BritishExpattv , I trialled this one yesterday

 https://www.facebook.com/AussieExpaTV

It is early days but my smart tv  works very well with it and I prefer to stick to using one remote, early days yet I will sign for 6 months with the aussie system and if I am not happy after that I will go back to IlikeHD or BritishExpatTV

 

I just want to watch TV, I dont want to be messing around with cheap chinese boxes, I have a zidoo X8 that my wife uses for watching soaps on at the bedroom tv is not smart, she can watch for hours without hassling me where with a old mxq box she would be complaining that it had crashed again.

 

Each to their own but my preference is this 

https://www.facebook.com/AussieExpaTV/   for me on my Samsung Smart curve TV via 3bb/AIS  not true internet

Then the wife uses the decent android for her nonsense,  everyone happy, does it cost , yes.  

but happy wife = happy life

 

OK if you are Australian,and maybe British,but I dont think Americans would

be pleased with AussieExpat tv, I have no problem with Mobdro,with so many

channels and for free,i think its even better than ilikeHD, and it is always better

to connect with RJ45 cable than using WiFi when streaming stuff.

regards worgeordie         P.S. Mobdro even has few Aussie channels now.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Guys,

 

My main concern is that on an expat forum that I haven't yet come across any foreigner who has purchased Megaexpat TV and given an opinion either way on it.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...