whats so wrong with isaan girls

Khon Kaen Dave

41 minutes ago, Rc2702 said:

I was just saying to the Mrs last night how I'd like beans on toast for breakfast for a change. I love English grub tbh and where I lived in London is a bit of a nightmare for a simple bit of fish and chips. Unless you go during lunch your looking at £9.50  for fish and chips on the evening. 

I don't think you'll find fish and chips in Bangkok for less than that.   

There is a lot of English food I like, but as I've said in another comment, I'm far more concerned with my appearance than any desire to eat food, even my absolute favourites foods I'd rather not eat if it helps keep me from turning into a fat person.

• Replies 209
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I don't think you'll find fish and chips in Bangkok for less than that.   

There is a lot of English food I like, but as I've said in another comment, I'm far more concerned with my appearance than any desire to eat food, even my absolute favourites foods I'd rather not eat if it helps keep me from turning into a fat person.

You can eat anything in moderation Sean, I indulge once per week and I would like to think I'm in reasonable shape!

Sent from my iPhone using Thaivisa Connect

24 minutes ago, AlexRich said:

On another topic, just read a story in the newspaper yesterday about a town in Morocco where a lot of the young folk are conning people (men) on Facebook and Skype ... they think they are having cam sex with some busty lovely, but they are really being filmed watching a film. The next thing they know they are being scammed for thousands of pounds or else they're Facebook friends and relatives will be sent a recording. I don't think Issan girls have the skills for that, but if they did I'm sure they would. 

Not the same sort of con, but....

I knew a young guy here who worked online chatting with long distance lorry drivers in Europe.   There are websites with pictures of girls, the drivers can send messages to the 'girls' by sms and pay quite a bit per message.   My friend writes German so he dealt with lonely German guys, replying to their messages as if he was that girl.  

They even had libraries of pictures so they could send the guys photos to keep them interested.   The poor lonely guys would chat so much and spend so much money without knowing it was a guy repying.   They would of course also send cash for gifts.

It is happening all over the place and is very very lucrative.    It is also a bit sad but the guys doing it feel they are getting what they want, which is a companion to open their heart to.

30 minutes ago, Hutch68 said:

No comment,I do not wish to receive another ban!

:smile:   Not sure what comment you'd make that would get you banned.  Unless you have something against life long expats like myself.

31 minutes ago, AlexRich said:

I'm looking for an entry into the Opium trade if you've still got your contacts in Hong Kong ... ?

I still have my contacts although I think you'll find that trade has moved to this part of the world.  

33 minutes ago, Rc2702 said:

Hope it all goes well for you Sean but seriously how about not Thread jacking everything with your business ambitions it looks like a cry for investment. Add that to you namedropping some very suspect fake flight ticket websites and then there's the conversation which you forgot you had when you apparently met another member and yet it was the EXACT same discussion you had with that member only 3 months before. Looking a bit iffy I say so myself. 

Not my intention to thread jack at all.    

It wasn't me that posted those fake ticket sites either.   I merely commented to the person who did "thanks, that might be useful"  

I am not looking for investment and if and when I am I definitely wouldn't do it on here.   

As for the duplicate conversation, that member was someone I met 7 or 8 years ago and had forgotton about.   He remembered me.   

But appreciate the intention of your comment.

10 minutes ago, seancbk said:

Not the same sort of con, but....

I knew a young guy here who worked online chatting with long distance lorry drivers in Europe.   There are websites with pictures of girls, the drivers can send messages to the 'girls' by sms and pay quite a bit per message.   My friend writes German so he dealt with lonely German guys, replying to their messages as if he was that girl.  

They even had libraries of pictures so they could send the guys photos to keep them interested.   The poor lonely guys would chat so much and spend so much money without knowing it was a guy repying.   They would of course also send cash for gifts.

It is happening all over the place and is very very lucrative.    It is also a bit sad but the guys doing it feel they are getting what they want, which is a companion to open their heart to.

The internet can be a very dangerous place ... 

24 minutes ago, seancbk said:

:smile:   Not sure what comment you'd make that would get you banned.  Unless you have something against life long expats like myself.

well try this, I think it is disgusting that you are able to have a British passport but don't want to be classed as British citizen..... you should burn the passport of the country that has made you what you are and never visit again, remove all your family from my country and never come again you black bastard.

9 minutes ago, Hutch68 said:

well try this, I think it is disgusting that you are able to have a British passport but don't want to be classed as British citizen..... you should burn the passport of the country that has made you what you are and never visit again, remove all your family from my country and never come again you black bastard.

I'm not Black, I'm 100% white.

I'm not ashamed to be British, I just don't want people to pigeon hole me based on being white, and sounding very British.

I realise they have no other indicators by which to determine where I'm from, but I still get annoyed that they just assume I'm *from* England.

Thanks for completely missing the point of what I said and hitting back in an unprovoked racist and mean way.

11 minutes ago, seancbk said:

I'm not ashamed to be British, I just don't want people to pigeon hole me based on being white, and sounding very British.

I realise they have no other indicators by which to determine where I'm from, but I still get annoyed that they just assume I'm *from* England.

Thanks for completely missing the point of what I said and hitting back in an unprovoked racist and mean way.

If you speak English and have a British passport and you are white what do you expect people to think? Do you know I like you then don't like you then I like you again and then don't like you.... maybe I just don't get you but you do seem to be a little too sure of yourself that could be why your lovely woman left.

21 minutes ago, seancbk said:

Don't get too offended I think we are witnessing an attempted TV suicide. First of many at this rate.

5 minutes ago, Rc2702 said:
27 minutes ago, seancbk said:

Don't get too offended I think we are witnessing an attempted TV suicide. First of many at this rate.

Don't worry, I have thicker skin than that.

But it demonstrates my point that people make all sorts of assumptions.

Hutch68 liked my reply which I'll take as an apology (of sorts).

4 hours ago, myfriendu said:

lived here 15 years, go out about 4 times a week ,do the maths  ive been lucky,the two wives ive had died before me

Wow , you lucky matey .   I have adjusted my  teerak motor cyce ,  brakes . 

Live in hope .555

49 minutes ago, Hutch68 said:

I am white also and I have burned all my bridges with the UK and was happy to do so. I served my Queen and country with pride for 25 years. What did I get out of them for that service sweet FA. What does every tom duik and Harry who came into the country illegally  and lazy dole dwelling  lazy sods get EVERYTHING they wanted. So I left there some 27 years ago. I now have a UK passport which I use as and when required to make it easier for me to enter certain countries. Other wise I use my Thai passport as here at least I got a lot better treatment when I retired from my position here. I am a thai Citizen now and dam proud to say so.

Ps you are a good example of a racist. Now run along and cuddle up to mummy.

21 minutes ago, Hutch68 said:

If you speak English and have a British passport and you are white what do you expect people to think? Do you know I like you then don't like you then I like you again and then don't like you.... maybe I just don't get you but you do seem to be a little too sure of yourself that could be why your lovely woman left.

It's quite simple.   I meet someone and we start talking, they say "oh where are you from?"  to which I would typically reply Hong Kong.  

I then get the, no, where in England are you from.... then I have to choose whether to lie and say "I was born in HK"  which I have done and it does shorten the conversation a bit, or tell the truth (which I prefer) and say I'm not from the UK, then have to explain my whole life story.

The thing is I grew up among people who were all born in different places and lived in other countries.   To me it was never odd that people would be 3rd culture kids.   

I do get it, I just wish that when someone asks where I'm from and I tell them they'd accept it as fact and not question it as if I'm lying.   

And respectfully, my seeming too sure of myself is a surprise to me, as I'm not and that had zero to do with my GF leaving me.

Peace.

1 hour ago, seancbk said:

so black pudding is out then?

1 hour ago, Hutch68 said:

1 hour ago, seancbk said:

I love English grub tbh and where I lived in London is a bit of a nightmare for a simple bit of fish and chips.

Its amazing how these threads morph isn't it......just came to check on Issan girls, but now wading through how Fish & chips make you fat---where to buy good sausages, & some one who is white--not wanting a British passport. ...oh and the merits of Black pudding............and they reckon it difficult to find a  Thai person that makes sense .............:coffee1:

1 minute ago, oxo1947 said:

Its amazing how these threads morph isn't it......just came to check on Issan girls, but now wading through how Fish & chips make you fat---where to buy good sausages, & some one who is white--not wanting a British passport. ...oh and the merits of Black pudding............and they reckon it difficult to find a  Thai person that makes sense .............:coffee1:

I don't understand!

7 minutes ago, oxo1947 said:

Isaan girls have been done to death :-)

It's just a pity these forums don't have proper threaded comments, so individual threads could branch off on their own and not derail the OP.

22 minutes ago, Gonefortea said:

I am white also and I have burned all my bridges with the UK and was happy to do so. I served my Queen and country with pride for 25 years. What did I get out of them for that service sweet FA. What does every tom duik and Harry who came into the country illegally  and lazy dole dwelling  lazy sods get EVERYTHING they wanted. So I left there some 27 years ago. I now have a UK passport which I use as and when required to make it easier for me to enter certain countries. Other wise I use my Thai passport as here at least I got a lot better treatment when I retired from my position here. I am a thai Citizen now and dam proud to say so.

I am in the same boat as you and I am far from a racist but from your post you are in full agreement in what I had to say.

29 minutes ago, Gonefortea said:

Bit harsh I know exactly how you feel. I cried when we missed those penalties too and my mom told me to grow up and get to bed as it was a school night. 

11 minutes ago, seancbk said:

It's just a pity these forums don't have proper threaded comments, so individual threads could branch off on their own and not derail the OP.

AFAIK the OP buggered up his own thread on page 1 and hasn't been able to participate further. The ensuing 6 7 pages of ruminations haven't been any more startling than previous, similar efforts on previous, similar threads though.

1 hour ago, Hutch68 said:

Well I'm gobsmacked by this, especially the last remark. In the UK this could land you in trouble with the law.

You were attempting to hold back, fearing another ban from the mods, then you suggest they close the thread and finally you take this kamikaze approach.

I can't help feeling a sneaky admiration for your bravado but your last comment deserves a ban.

5 minutes ago, seancbk said:

It was you who derailed it talking about your new company, food products and not wanting to be classed as British.

35 minutes ago, Gonefortea said:

I served my Queen and country with pride for 25 years. What did I get out of them for that service sweet FA. .... I am a thai Citizen now and dam proud to say so.

So where do you cash your UK pension check these days?

1 minute ago, paulsingle said:

Well I'm gobsmacked by this, especially the last remark. In the UK this could land you in trouble with the law.

You were attempting to hold back, fearing another ban from the mods, then you suggest they close the thread and finally you take this kamikaze approach.

I can't help feeling a sneaky admiration for your bravado but your last comment deserves a ban.

Yes it does I stepped over the mark...... It was a mad frenzy thing....sorry.

4 minutes ago, paulsingle said:

If anyone deserves the handcuffs slapped on em I'd be looking a bit closer to home.

5 minutes ago, Hutch68 said:

It was you who derailed it talking about your new company, food products and not wanting to be classed as British.

I wouldn't have raised those points without there being a reason to do so.   Although I can't be bothered to go back and see what I was replying to that justified bringing those things up.

I apologise to all, for taking the thread off the original point.... but I certainly wasn't the only one.

Archived