"Justice will be done" say police in murder of student in Cha-Am

webfact

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 hours ago, patekatek said:

Charge the whole damn gang with accessory to murder.   Some of the little pricks will give up the killer when faced with a long prison term.

Including the 4 girls !  Everyone in that group knows who had the screwdriver. Come to think of it I'd bet money the original target knows who had the screwdriver and did the murder.

And if it was the other way.A rich kid dead.One day,they would all be arrested.It is normal for children to be brought up thinking they can do what they like,Because there mother or father has stature.the mother will except a payement.She will be put under pressure ,not informed on the case,Welcome to thailand.Sad,but that is the way it is.Amazed that it became news.

3 hours ago, little mary sunshine said:

The influential figures should be arrested as well

for raising such horrible young men and women,

utterly disgusting.

Your asking for a Gullivers travels stride in law enforcement. As much as the BIB blows their horn on this case there is a set way investigation proceeds here dominated by your standing in the pecking order. The mother said there will be no cremation till justice is done and sadly that will be the frosty Friday here. 

6 hours ago, Lingba said:

No because they aren't actually police in the way we understand what police are supposed to be...these guys in brown uniforms are only trained to stop helmetless motor bike riders...that's it!...They aren't trained to work on the same level as police in the western world...all they do is put on a uniform and then walk around feeling like they are important and feel like they should be respected above everyone else

".these guys in brown uniforms are only trained to stop helmetless motor bike riders.."

And they usually don't even enforce that.

9 hours ago, GarryP said:

I have lived here many years and I still don't understand this pack mentality. Why can't the offended parties handle things on their own in Thailand? Why do they need a posse? 18 against 1. All this tells me is that the offended party is not a man, a pathetic specimen of life. 

I hope the student's mother is successful in having the guilty brought to justice. 

Because it requires 18 to have the combined IQ of one average rationally thinking person, sometimes more.

11 hours ago, Get Real said:

Why so negative? LOL

Because there is a long list of cases involving members of influential families and their offspring that once the suspects giver themselves up or are arrested, questioned and bailed, never seem to get any further or ever mentioned again by the media.

10 hours ago, Lingba said:

No because they aren't actually police in the way we understand what police are supposed to be...these guys in brown uniforms are only trained to stop helmetless motor bike riders...that's it!...They aren't trained to work on the same level as police in the western world...all they do is put on a uniform and then walk around feeling like they are important and feel like they should be respected above everyone else

Yeah.  Only Western countries are ok.  Senseless

13 hours ago, clockman said:

Nice peace loving Buddhists!

Seems that this sort of mindless comment is always made when there is an instance of Thais committing violence (along with the trite sarcasm of  'religion of peace' when a Muslim is responsible). Why no comments about turning the other cheek or 'blessed are the peace makers' when a westerner does something violent. Are you so naïve as to believe that just because a particular religion is dominant in a certain place, that all of the population will act in accordance with the tenets of that religion? Do the actions of some 'members' of a religion discredit the whole religion itself? If that's the case, then there's not a single religion on the planet (except perhaps Jainism) that will pass that test.  

5 hours ago, ableguy said:

Because that's the way thailand works, 

ps. How long have you been here.?

On my 17th year. How about you?
As I always try to say. Things are getting better, but it works slow.
Also something I can see during the long time I stayed here.

5 hours ago, Baerboxer said:

Because there is a long list of cases involving members of influential families and their offspring that once the suspects giver themselves up or are arrested, questioned and bailed, never seem to get any further or ever mentioned again by the media.

Never mentioned again in the media, does not mean what you think. That´s just the way things work here.
As you surely know, there is a problem with doing a job completely here. So it is also with media. They like the sensation and after that it´s quiet.
Just look at the body in the freezer. No influential people. Heard more?
All the rapes! How many cases do you hear the end of?
All murders with no influential people. The end, where?

Coluld go on until tomorrow with examples, but it´s just a waste of time.
I am not saying it´s right, and the comment you quoted from start was supposed to be sarcastic. Unfortunatelt now everything lost it´s point,

Hmmmm.........Where have we heard this sort of rhetoric coming  from the police  before????

Remind me, as it sounds all too familiar...lol

A whole lot of sabre rattling going on in the beginning and then they lose interest ...or they are paid off.

Cheers

Screwdriver through the head.

25 years here and I think this country has massive problems.

Education education education please please please!!!

Step into the 21st century!!

I suppose this happens all over the world. Right???

If they 'Do the right thing ' after a few decades the right thing will become the norm. No???

The force to have pushed the screwdriver that far into the skull was high and according to the Thai media the screwdriver was stamped on to drive it all the way after the initial stab to the victim who was sleeping at the time . Another victim of the 18 man gang was hit over the head with a bottle which smashed and then bottled in the face .

These crimes were premeditated , planned and the whole gang of 18 are as guilty as the perpetrator of this heinous crime by association .  I have also seen similar gangs in action in my smaller town in the north east , from killing with guns to attacks with knives and machetes . This is a scary country with little law enforcement where there is no concern from the assailants  of the consequences of their actions . Many crimes go unreported  / unsolved and the penalties when guilt is proven are often frugal .  

Farangs must have their wits about them to avoid events that could give them serious problems that would be negligible in their western homelands .

15 minutes ago, superal said:

The force to have pushed the screwdriver that far into the skull was high and according to the Thai media the screwdriver was stamped on to drive it all the way after the initial stab to the victim who was sleeping at the time . Another victim of the 18 man gang was hit over the head with a bottle which smashed and then bottled in the face .

These crimes were premeditated , planned and the whole gang of 18 are as guilty as the perpetrator of this heinous crime by association .  I have also seen similar gangs in action in my smaller town in the north east , from killing with guns to attacks with knives and machetes . This is a scary country with little law enforcement where there is no concern from the assailants  of the consequences of their actions . Many crimes go unreported  / unsolved and the penalties when guilt is proven are often frugal .  

Farangs must have their wits about them to avoid events that could give them serious problems that would be negligible in their western homelands .

Thailand has become Dodge city, please bring bulletproof west and full body amour on your holiday trip. 

1 minute ago, bander said:

Thailand has become Dodge city, please bring bulletproof west and full body amour on your holiday trip. 

Unfortunately, you will be arrested for bringing in a bullet proof vest. 

"Of the total of 18 involved four were women and the rest men. They could all face charges of premeditated murder."

This statement sounds like the authorities might be headed in the right direction.

Some people only understand "tough love".

And "tough love" is the only deterrent!

Well? Capital Punishment is a pretty good deterrent too!

13 hours ago, NormanW said:

Screwdriver through the head.

25 years here and I think this country has massive problems.

Education education education please please please!!!

Step into the 21st century!!

I suppose this happens all over the world. Right???

If they 'Do the right thing ' after a few decades the right thing will become the norm. No???

Sort of...but these sort of gruesome incidents simply remind us all that the Thai people, by no means, have the meaning of life figured out any better than the rest of the people in the world while certainly, in many ways,  they are just as Fxxxed up as the rest of the world.

While you used to think this place had "something" or "somethings" that were so much better than where you came from and all the silly crap you where trying to get away from and all the craziness included.

You ended up here to learn, all too sadly, that here, in all to many respects, is no better than where you came from in many of the same crazy ways.

The original attractions where only illusions that have slipped away and out of your grasp forever more.

Oh well...what to do??...What to do..??? lol ...

Just have to live with it and the way it is....

Cheers

Quote and joke of the year: He said: "No matter if those involved are the children of influential people, politicians or people in uniform - they will all be prosecuted and brought to justice".

Forgot to mention: "Then justice will set them free on bail, then some money will change hands and then (Thai) justice has been served".

Archived