BANGKOK

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

webfact

Rottweiler attack: Civil case settled for 140,000 baht. Criminal case pending

Well now, as if we didn't already, know the value of a human life in Thailand.......$4,000.

The price of a good TV. 

Pathetic sense of values.

18 minutes ago, jesimps said:

I cycle about twice a week around Phoenix Golf Course and have to use a stick to fend off dogs nipping my ankles. The dogs belong to people who live on the course who can't be bothered to close their gates. Just a few lazy tossers ruin things for everyone.

I'm trying to design a system for this. Something like two cans of pepper spray mounted on the rear hub with remote release at hand grip. I ride at night quite often and some dogs attack so stealthily they can scare the gaga out of you. A lady was recently killed near our village when a dog attacked her and she swerved into an oncoming vehicle.

It's not just dogs that Thais won't put down. I went to a vet with a rabbit with dislocated legs (courtesy of my neighbour's 2 yr old). The vet would not put it down. Rather than have it slither like a snail the rest of its life, I had to take my own action. Buddhism was the key to it all. Like in India where cows with excruciating injuries and illnesses cannot be euthanised, needless suffering occurs to animals in Thailand because of the ridiculous prohibition of mercy killing. 

In Thailand the Royal decree of 2002 entered restrictions on dog breeds such as:
  • American Pitbull Terrier.
  • American Staffordshire Terrier.
  • Dogo Argentino.
  • English Bull Terrier.
  • Staffordshire Bull Terrier.
  • Rottweiler.
  • Akita inu.
  • Fila Brasileiro (Brazilian Mastiff)

5 minutes ago, Spock said:

It's not just dogs that Thais won't put down. I went to a vet with a rabbit with dislocated legs (courtesy of my neighbour's 2 yr old). The vet would not put it down. Rather than have it slither like a snail the rest of its life, I had to take my own action. Buddhism was the key to it all. Like in India where cows with excruciating injuries and illnesses cannot be euthanised, needless suffering occurs to animals in Thailand because of the ridiculous prohibition of mercy killing. 

Dislocation of rabbits legs is actually quite common and they will generally heal after some time.

Bitting and killing dogs need to put to death..why he let his killer dogs roam the streets?

14 minutes ago, Shawn0000 said:

Dislocation of rabbits legs is actually quite common and they will generally heal after some time.

If so, then the vet should have reset them. As it was, the legs were extended horizontally out back of the body. There was no way the legs would have healed naturally or whatever you are suggesting. 

10 minutes ago, Destiny1990 said:

Bitting and killing dogs need to put to death..why he let his killer dogs roam the streets?

Because he is irresponsible and careless. And what a horrible way for the guy to die - mauled to death by savage dogs.

Just now, Spock said:

If so, then the vet should have reset them. As it was, the legs were horizontal out back to the body. There was no way the legs would have healed naturally or whatever you are suggesting. 

What makes you think there is no way it would have healed naturally?  They don't reset them, they just leave them to heal, the rabbit has to lie down for some weeks, they need a lot of care but unless there is spinal damage they should heal fine.

Put the ignored, abused, angry, vicious animals to sleep.

Keep those animals caged, they'll just get more angry and one day turn on the owner, his friends or family.

It would be safer to have a loaded gun on the kitchen room table. Especially, around feeding time.

A dog killed someone and was not put down?

Maybe I misread somewhere?

How sad. RIP Mr Ratcatcher, I hope heaven has some huge rats for you to catch.

4 hours ago, Godang said:

My dog bit a young boy I said to my wife put dog down but she said cannot kill dog in Thailand. So now it is chained up all the time. 

Being chained for life will really make him a good dog? I was almost attacked last night by 4 dogs that came out out of a garage while I was riding my bicycle while the owners did nothing to help me luckily I got my bike between me and the dogs around 9:00pm. 

45 minutes ago, Destiny1990 said:

Spock's answer is correct.

I would also add many Thais that keep dogs, particularly large dogs, in cages or back yards, let them loose once a day to have a dump. That way the owner does not have to clean up. It also gives the dogs some exercise without the owner having to make any effort. They come back to base eventually.

Considering this pack of 3 Rottweilers had a reputation for attacking cattle and chickens on these daily jaunts, it was extremely negligent of the owner to continue with this practice.

A wholly unnecessary and horrible death. The owner should receive a prison sentence. Unfortunately it is virtually guaranteed he will not.