Missing Russian tourist - authorities turn to Koh Tao fortune tellers

webfact

Missing Russian tourist - authorities turn to fortune tellers

5am.jpg

Picture: Thairath

KOH TAO: -- Authorities searching for missing Russian tourist Valentina Novozhyonova had another fruitless day in the sea and on land.

So they have now turned to fortune tellers. Three of Koh Tao's best mystics were contacted and asked where they think Valentina might be, Thairath reported.

They all agreed independently that she was in the sea.

So the sea search has been intensified.

Meanwhile Surat governor Apichart Bunsrirot has ordered measures be stepped up to find the lady who liked swimming and diving. Apichart was due on the island later yesterday.

Valentina has been missing since she was caught on CCTV outside a convenience store near the Koh Tao Hostel where she was staying. That was 6am on the 15th of February.

She was due to leave there on the 16th but it was some time after when the owner reported her missing. Most of her possessions were found in her room including her passport and phone.

Yesterday searches were made on land and in the sea with foreign dive companies and Russian divers helping out.

Officials noted that there were heavy seas and winds on February 15th to 17th when Valentina is thought to have gone missing.

Source: Thairath

tvn_logo.jpg
-- © Copyright Thai Visa News 2017-03-08

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

<deleted>

6am in the morning ? must have been a good party

what time do dive companies start in the morning

show the cctv footage  - direction of travel - what she was wearing - who else was around at the time

Oh wait .................my crystal ball says she is buried in the woods near her residence 

Well the FBI uses clairvoyants......seems to me a fortune teller has just as much chance of solving a case here as anyone else.

In fact they have had some success. Probably just luck though, but sometimes they need some one to push them in another direction when a case starts getting cold.

Sent from my Redmi Note 3 using Tapatalk

"So they have now turned to fortune tellers. Three of Koh Tao's best mystics were contacted and asked where they think Valentina might be"

Maybe they realized that the "scientific approach" used on previous occasions on Koh Tao left much to be desired?

I wonder if they are using the same ones that possibly allowed the headmans brother Mon to figure out that a hoe missing from the beach on the morning of 15 September 2014 was in fact a murder weapon - that was some real astounding detective work if he just somehow figured it out all by himself

5 hours ago, Thechook said:

Come on, are you serious, fortune tellers to solve a case?

Works in the Movies.

I would like to see the CCTV  footage, strange that only one camera has picked her up, there must be more.

Most are speculating the sea theory , so if she was on her way at 6am what direction was she headed --  for the beach for an early morning dip? or diving boat???.

Was she anywhere near the dreaded ones in the B2 tragedy.

If she had her own equipment then it seems safe to assume that she was an experienced diver.

If her equipment is missing, it seems likely she had some sort of problem when she went diving.

Surely, no experienced diver would go diving alone?

Is anyone looking for someone who might have accompanied her?

This stupid event with dumb ass fortune tellers fakes, is likely the end of the "search"....and now with no body...or any clue as far as we know, the cops have no case against anyone, and any suspects, if there actually were any, which I doubt,..would be free to go. 

My bet is, they would hope a body doesn't show up!

Archived