Appeal launched to save the sight of boy, 7, hurt in children's fight

webfact

Appeal launched to save the sight of boy, 7, hurt in children's fight

3pm.jpg

Picture: Thairath

BANGKOK: -- An appeal has been launched by the poor family of a seven year old boy who was hurt in a fight with a neighborhood boy, Thairath reported.

Yotsakorn Butrat - or Nong Ikyu - was hit by another boy with a broken off stick after a children's argument outside his house in Sisaket.

Health officials visited mum Uraithip Duangthong, 28, at their house yesterday to offer assistance. But public funds will cover only

certain things like travel and accommodation at a hospital far from their house.

A hospital has been found that can perform an operation on his left eye but it will not be cheap.

Uraithip said she was thankful for the help so far but she and her husband were poor and couldn't afford the treatment to help their son. She said they worked hard driving a bike to sell things morning and evening in nearby villages but their income was low.

She said the accident happened when neighborhood kids attending a birthday party at a house near hers came and started playing with her son. A stick was broken and ended up entering her son's left eye

A compensation claim is pending.

Anyone who can help can transfer funds to a Bangkok Bank account in the boy's name (Yotsakorn Butrat).
The account number is 789-0-10647-4.

Source: Thairath

tvn_logo.jpg
-- © Copyright Thai Visa News 2017-03-08

I don't get this.. what are the limits on healthcare under the 30bt scheme. I can understand they don't pay for everything (cosmetic surgery or replacement hips on real old people) but this a young boy, with an eye injury. 

Crazy.

8 minutes ago, robblok said:

but this a young boy, with an eye injury. 

So Many sad stories like this----- Ranji is a 9 year old boy living in Namibia. He only has 1 leg, 1 arm, and 1 eye. Each day, Ranji has to ride 7 miles to school along a narrow road on a rusty bike with bent wheels, no brakes, and only the opposite pedal.

If you send just $5, ......I’ll send you the video,

......it’s f@#king hilarious..........................:coffee1:

10 hours ago, robblok said:

I don't get this.. what are the limits on healthcare under the 30bt scheme. I can understand they don't pay for everything (cosmetic surgery or replacement hips on real old people) but this a young boy, with an eye injury. 

Crazy.

I have a Thai friend who needed an eye operation (cataract surgery).  He told me that he could get it for free (or 30 baht) if he got on the government hospital waiting list, but the wait would be many months.  I suspect that's the case here, and if they have to wait for several months, the eye could be lost, so they need to go to a private hospital, or one outside the locality in which they get free medical care, in order to have the surgery done quickly.

Archived