Marine park entry fees collection skyrockets

webfact

Marine park entry fees collection skyrockets

110_Haad.jpg

KRABI:  -- Haad Nopparat Thara- Phi Phi Islands national park has collected more than 245 million baht in entry fees from tourists during five-month period from last October to February – the highest ever income collected in 30 years.

Entry fees for visits to Phi Phi Islands alone amounted to 60 million baht.

The park chief, Mr Sarayuth Tanthien, attributed the unprecedented income collection to the increasingly high number of local and foreign tourists visiting this famous marine park and the strict entry fees collection.

Entry fees collection for the same period of the previous year amounted to 212 million baht.

Full story: http://englishnews.thaipbs.or.th/marine-park-entry-fees-collection-skyrockets/

thaipbs_logo.jpg
-- © Copyright Thai PBS 2017-03-09

Wow....Looks like a few high - ups have had their back pocket income severely curtailed........"Er, sorry Te rak, we need to cancel the new Benz, and sack the maids and gardeners too until I can find another avenue to exploit".....

60 M over 5 month for Phi Phi avarages 1,000 tourists at 400 baht per day. Sounds entirely plausible. 

According to the protesting boat operators the number of tourists went down. If at the same time total revenue went up, it seems to indicate some holes in the system were plugged....

14 minutes ago, StefanBBK said:

According to the protesting boat operators the number of tourists went down.

It was a mathematical issue.

Number of boats went up far faster (doubled?) than the number of tourists, so the number of tourists per boat went down.

19 hours ago, webfact said:

The park chief, Mr Sarayuth Tanthien, attributed the unprecedented income collection to the increasingly high number of local and foreign tourists visiting this famous marine park and the strict entry fees collection.

Not to mention the excessive dual-pricing culture.

2 hours ago, Emster23 said:

Could we please see a spread sheet detailing where that 245 million baht has gone?

Yes, and ...............

If indeed the income is correct...... and in Thailand you don't want to believe just everything you read..........

Then I just can't help but wondering how much of it will be spent for maintainance and such and how much graft will feed most of that money into pockets of the family businesses of the gov't officers overseeing the parks and that money...........    TIT.................

Millions of corruption money : if i see how they maintain (nothing) the NP's with all the money they make from entrance fees it just must go into the pokets of many people involved....

so i do not step anymore into any NP and keep all my friends away from spending money for more (legal)  corruption in this country

Archived