Missing Russian latest - flip-flop found on beach as police wait for return of "diving buddy"

webfact

• Replies 149
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Possible this was a tragic boat propeller accident, its happened before a few times in Thailand and sometimes the boat is unaware they have even done this. If she was out that far 400 meters without a dive balloon showing where she was then this could be an explanation, but will wait to see has this progresses as all can only be speculation at this point.

17 minutes ago, goferman said:

It was a dangerous part of the sea, they said, with swirling and unpredictable currents.

Ahhh yes of course ... natural causes ... case closed.

Please don't quote entire posts in order to add so little; It's an eyesore for the remainder to wade through.

RIP to the deceased, whoever s/he may be.

1 hour ago, DM07 said:

Here we go again!

If I were a cynic, I would say, the RTP will come up with a theory, that her body disintegrated while diving!

Mutilated body, missing CCTV- footage, young blonde...where have I heard that before?

Or they will blame it on a rogue Blacktip reef shark.

4 hours ago, ezzra said:

I have watched enough CSI TV to know by now that

Items that have been submerged in water for a lengthy period of times

are of no forensic values what so ever, and that is why bodies are often

dumped in watery graves to eliminate any biological traces.....

Wrong!  Have you ever heard of incriminating evidence being thrown into water if the trail is getting hot by the police by the perpetrators?  Why would anyone assume those items were in the water for weeks ( but you did) they could have been in the water for only hours possibly.  You may have missed that episode. 

" Does anyone recognize this flip flop "    I've seen washed up flip flops in canals ,by the roadside and on beaches , the only proof it is the Russian ladies' would be a pic of her with  her wearing it and that would prove nothing at all , ie she went to the beach or someone went to her room then put it on the beach.

37 minutes ago, FitnessHealthTravel said:

This place, especially Koh Tao is so sketchy. Seriously, Thailand worries about its image, they want to get over there and put a broom through that place.

I think a deadly virus would be more appropriate.

24 minutes ago, realenglish1 said:

Body parts  Maybe because of sharks Maybe you can consider that 

1 hour ago, Bkk Brian said:

Possible this was a tragic boat propeller accident, its happened before a few times in Thailand and sometimes the boat is unaware they have even done this. If she was out that far 400 meters without a dive balloon showing where she was then this could be an explanation, but will wait to see has this progresses as all can only be speculation at this point.

So..let's see: how many completely mutilated divers we had in the last ...let's say...forever years...torn apart by boat- propellers or sharks?

:coffee1:

4 hours ago, toenail said:

A lucrative business would be fixing the 1000's of malfunctioning security CCTV cameras -- Wait, the Thai rule is that you have them displayed, not necessarily operating. (my-pen-ry)

If your going to commit a crime I think your chances are about 99.9% that they are not working. 

8 minutes ago, tukkytuktuk said:

A 50 year old Canadian women was killed by a Long tail boat that hit her head whilst she was snorkeling. Happened about 3 weeks ago on Koh Tao. Maybe this is also a boat accident.

it would not leave a body in the condition being reported here, and no - there are very few fish (if any) off the coast of Thailand that would do such damage, there have been many decomposed bodies washed up on Thai shores generally still intact.............a hoe however might inflict such damage to bone and tissue 

I heard the girl told people she was an experienced diver and was going to dive deeper than anyone has attempted before to make a world record.

If analysed in detail there is nothing strange about the deaths on Koh Tao. The murdered British couple were on the beach when tragically for them they were seen and set upon by a gang and decided to rape the girl. Tourists visiting Thailand can be naive and vulnerable and often get themselves into situations they can`t handle. I have seen Farlang women in tourist beach areas dressed in nothing but boob tubes and throngs, even topless and making out with guys for all and sundry to see.

I wonder how many tourists have been killed in motorbike accidents over the last 10 years and died from excessive use of drugs and strong alcoholic drinks? For some reasons many tourists visiting Thailand believe that safety procedures and other measures they should take to keep themselves from harm does not count in Thailand. It is no wonder that so many come a cropper in Thailand. They are like children left to their own devices without supervision from their parents and as we know children that play with fire get burned.

For all you budding conspiracy theorists out there, I cannot see anything mysterious about the deaths in Koh Tao.

4 hours ago, madmitch said:

In a case like this they really need a top notch forensics team, the likes of which is unlikely to be found in Thailand, let alone Koh Tao. 

Im sure that even a mediocre one or just someone that can count without using his/her fingers would be sufficient

19 minutes ago, cyberfarang said:

I heard the girl told people she was an experienced diver and was going to dive deeper than anyone has attempted before to make a world record.

If analysed in detail there is nothing strange about the deaths on Koh Tao. The murdered British couple were on the beach when tragically for them they were seen and set upon by a gang and decided to rape the girl. Tourists visiting Thailand can be naive and vulnerable and often get themselves into situations they can`t handle. I have seen Farlang women in tourist beach areas dressed in nothing but boob tubes and throngs, even topless and making out with guys for all and sundry to see.

I wonder how many tourists have been killed in motorbike accidents over the last 10 years and died from excessive use of drugs and strong alcoholic drinks? For some reasons many tourists visiting Thailand believe that safety procedures and other measures they should take to keep themselves from harm does not count in Thailand. It is no wonder that so many come a cropper in Thailand. They are like children left to their own devices without supervision from their parents and as we know children that play with fire get burned.

For all you budding conspiracy theorists out there, I cannot see anything mysterious about the deaths in Koh Tao.

your theory is nonsense

1 minute ago, Khun Han said:

1 minute ago, Khun Han said:

Where did you hear that?

could have been a life ambition, doesn't mean she was going to do it on holiday, such a feat requires a considerable support team.

28 minutes ago, cyberfarang said:

"I heard the girl told people she was an experienced diver and was going to dive deeper than anyone has attempted before to make a world record."

In which case she would have needed a boat to take her out to deep depths.

Edit - and can we please differentiate between diver/free-diver/snorkeler!

5 minutes ago, smedly said:

could have been a life ambition, doesn't mean she was going to do it on holiday, such a feat requires a considerable support team.

Exactly. Just for the accreditation of breaking the record alone.

33 minutes ago, thhMan said:

Im sure that even a mediocre one or just someone that can count without using his/her fingers would be sufficient

You're right of course. They will have decided the cause of death long ago!!!!

Archived