Missing Russian latest - flip-flop found on beach as police wait for return of "diving buddy"

webfact

"Also some CCTV that could throw light on the movements of Valentina is missing after a machine failed to record."

Haven't we all heard that load of <deleted> before.

Hoping against all hopes, that this girl will be found alive somewhere. Wherever.

On a separate note, why do people still go to places like Koh Tao?

• Replies 149
  • Created
  • Last Reply
10 minutes ago, Khun Han said:

Exactly. Just for the accreditation of breaking the record alone.

Diving/free-diving/snorkeling record was never about to be broken by a young woman with no back-up or evidence to support the claim.

Is there any evidence she claimed this in the first place?

If she did, (repeat repeat) she would have known that evidence would be required.

No chance she was about to beat the diving or free-diving world record - so even if cyberfarang is right in that she said she was going to beat the "world record", perhaps she meant personal record?

Which again brings us back to a boat to take her out to deep water.

1 minute ago, dick dasterdly said:

No chance she was about to beat the diving or free-diving world record - so even if cyberfarang is right in that she said she was going to beat the "world record", perhaps she meant personal record?

Which again brings us back to a boat to take her out to deep water.

Sounds way more likely.... a misinterpreted utterance 

58 minutes ago, cyberfarang said:

I heard the girl told people she was an experienced diver and was going to dive deeper than anyone has attempted before to make a world record.

If analysed in detail there is nothing strange about the deaths on Koh Tao. The murdered British couple were on the beach when tragically for them they were seen and set upon by a gang and decided to rape the girl. Tourists visiting Thailand can be naive and vulnerable and often get themselves into situations they can`t handle. I have seen Farlang women in tourist beach areas dressed in nothing but boob tubes and throngs, even topless and making out with guys for all and sundry to see.

I wonder how many tourists have been killed in motorbike accidents over the last 10 years and died from excessive use of drugs and strong alcoholic drinks? For some reasons many tourists visiting Thailand believe that safety procedures and other measures they should take to keep themselves from harm does not count in Thailand. It is no wonder that so many come a cropper in Thailand. They are like children left to their own devices without supervision from their parents and as we know children that play with fire get burned.

For all you budding conspiracy theorists out there, I cannot see anything mysterious about the deaths in Koh Tao.

You do realise that the first paragraph of your reply is a conspiracy theory? 

Anywho, have a look at who liked your post. That will tell you all you need to know about yourself and how others view you on Thai visa. 

Just now, rkidlad said:

You do realise that the first paragraph of your reply is a conspiracy theory? 

Anywho, have a look at who liked your post. That will tell you all you need to know about yourself and how others view you on Thai visa. 

I had to go back and look - but you're right :sad:.

Suspected human flesh pieces and diver’s mask tested for DNA

119_Russian.jpg

KOH TA: -- Divers searching for the missing Russian free diver have found two pieces of what were believed to be human flesh, a diver’s mask and a green tank top under the sea about 400 metres from the coast of Ao Chaloke Ban Gao on Koh Tao.

All the items salvaged from the seabed at about 4-5 metres deep were on Friday flown in a police helicopter from Koh Tao to the Forensic Institute of the Police General Hospital for DNA tests to determine whether the DNA specimen match with that of the missing Russian woman.

The Koh Tao inquiry police officers in charge of the case were also flown in the same helicopter to meet with Pol Maj-Gen Apichart Boonsrirote, commander of Surat Thani provincial police.

Informed police source said that result of the tests would be available within a week.

Despite the finding of the items, Pol Lt-Col Chokechai Sutthimek, superintendent of Koh Tao police, said that the search would continue with two teams of divers being assigned to scour the sea off Aao Chaloke Ban Gao.

He said police would not rule out any possibilities of disappearance, including murder.

Full story: http://englishnews.thaipbs.or.th/suspected-human-flesh-pieces-divers-mask-tested-dna/

thaipbs_logo.jpg
-- © Copyright Thai PBS 2017-03-10

I'm seen visions of a sweaty police chief standing beside a long tail boat with a damaged propeller, while been surrounded by some dodgy looking "Thai mafia" to make sure what he says goes to plan. 

right now the script is been written for this one.

RIP 

How was the flip-flop connected to this?

1. It is highly unlikely someone would go diving in a pair of flip-flops.

2. If someone was wearing flip-flops, they would have to be rather careless to fall into water at that depth.

Abandoned flip-flops can be found on every beach in Thailand and just about every street in Bangkok.

8 hours ago, steven100 said:

if i was from Burma i would be on the first plane back home ....:shock1:

I think you will find the Burmese on the islands can't afford the ferry, let alone a plane ticket!  However I take your point.  No doubt the Burmese on the island will be very worried indeed.

Whatever is the outcome to this, I will have no confidence in the "conclusion" arrived at.  Smoke and mirrors is Thailand's mantra, or is it secrets and lies?  Either will do.

49 minutes ago, webfact said:

119_Russian.jpg

KOH TA: -- Divers searching for the missing Russian free diver have found two pieces of what were believed to be human flesh, a diver’s mask and a green tank top under the sea about 400 metres from the coast of Ao Chaloke Ban Gao on Koh Tao.

All the items salvaged from the seabed at about 4-5 metres deep were on Friday flown in a police helicopter from Koh Tao to the Forensic Institute of the Police General Hospital for DNA tests to determine whether the DNA specimen match with that of the missing Russian woman.

The Koh Tao inquiry police officers in charge of the case were also flown in the same helicopter to meet with Pol Maj-Gen Apichart Boonsrirote, commander of Surat Thani provincial police.

Informed police source said that result of the tests would be available within a week.

Despite the finding of the items, Pol Lt-Col Chokechai Sutthimek, superintendent of Koh Tao police, said that the search would continue with two teams of divers being assigned to scour the sea off Aao Chaloke Ban Gao.

He said police would not rule out any possibilities of disappearance, including murder.

Full story: http://englishnews.thaipbs.or.th/suspected-human-flesh-pieces-divers-mask-tested-dna/

thaipbs_logo.jpg
-- © Copyright Thai PBS 2017-03-10

Where did the reference dna sample of the missing tourist come from

According to BLQS website database the police lab  17025 accreditation as expired 

We are not allowed to jump to conclusions here. 

1 minute ago, phuketrichard said:

1st rule they teach ya

NEVER dive alone;

said she was going for a  deep free dive record but nobody to verify??   I dont get it

Nobody is going to get a deep diving record in 5 meters of water.

17 minutes ago, rockingrobin said:

Where did the reference dna sample of the missing tourist come from

According to BLQS website database the police lab  17025 accreditation as expired 

Possibly from something in her room?

I expect the police lab might struggle to renew it's accreditation.

So The Burmese two have been sentenced to death for killings that they did not do. Meanwhile, people, in particular pretty young farang blondes, are still dying on Koh Tao. Is there someone in a position of authority in Thailand who is able to add 2 and 2 together and make 4? Because to me the appeal court was out of order to uphold the sentence on the Burmese 2, and if they needed any more evidence this death must be a pointer. But perhaps money is still talking?

3 minutes ago, ianf said:

So The Burmese two have been sentenced to death for killings that they did not do. Meanwhile, people, in particular pretty young farang blondes, are still dying on Koh Tao. Is there someone in a position of authority in Thailand who is able to add 2 and 2 together and make 4? Because to me the appeal court was out of order to uphold the sentence on the Burmese 2, and if they needed any more evidence this death must be a pointer. But perhaps money is still talking?

Anyone who knows who is at the centre of what you describe, and how high their connections go, knows why everyone in a position to do anything keeps adding 2 and 2 and getting 5.

I would not be surprise she been hit by a speed boat you know how crazy these people are  also they need DNA from a family members also underwater forensic is very hard due to a number of factors the main one being water..

Boat Driver Flees After Striking British Diver Near Koh Tao

ttp://www.samuitimes.com/boat-driver-flees-after-striking-british-diver-near-koh-tao/

Woke to see this thread !! Sadly if only the B2 farce had been investigated  properly we wouldn't be here now with so much speculation. Speed boat wouldn't chop a body up into loads of parts and it would be easy to arrive at a likely type of instrument that did. Nobody ,well almost nobody is surprised I feel at this latest find , very sad . Of course it might not be the girl they've been looking for but again it comes back to the complete incompetance demonstrated previously why such speculation abounds 

8 hours ago, DM07 said:

Here we go again!

If I were a cynic, I would say, the RTP will come up with a theory, that her body disintegrated while diving!

Mutilated body, missing CCTV- footage, young blonde...where have I heard that before?

obviously a shark attack, two legged shark Would be a good guess.

posts removed.

7) You will respect fellow members and post in a civil manner. No personal attacks, hateful or insulting towards other members, (flaming) Stalking of members on either the forum or via PM will not be allowed.

ONCE AGAIN !!

7) You will respect fellow members and post in a civil manner. No personal attacks, hateful or insulting towards other members, (flaming) Stalking of members on either the forum or via PM will not be allowed.

ANY further issues in this thread and expect a "posting holiday" without warning.

12 hours ago, ezzra said:

I have watched enough CSI TV to know by now that

Items that have been submerged in water for a lengthy period of times

are of no forensic values what so ever, and that is why bodies are often

dumped in watery graves to eliminate any biological traces.....

Maybe the CCTV will be found in a watery grave! Oh, sorry, it wasn't working at a crucial time - what a surprise! If it was it would probably be claimed as "personal property" of some bigwig!  

119_Russian.jpg

Divers searching for the missing Russian free diver have found two pieces of what were believed to be human flesh, a diver’s mask and a green tank top under the sea about 400 metres from the coast of Ao Chaloke Ban Gao on Koh Tao.

Full Story: http://englishnews.thaipbs.or.th/suspected-human-flesh-pieces-divers-mask-tested-dna/

thaipbs_logo.jpg
-- © Copyright Thai PBS 2017-3-10

This was apparently on Channel 3 early morning, breakfast time today. I would like to say to a moderator that this is what they showed on National News this morning it does have some Thai commentary etc but very good footage.

I also understand the other side of the argument. If it was my daughter on breakfast tv showing her bones floating around. Well...

If you think it should be deleted then delete and I'm sorry to have posted it. I just think that this should be shown.

Archived