Missing Russian latest - flip-flop found on beach as police wait for return of "diving buddy"

webfact

15 hours ago, webfact said:

Meanwhile the authorities are waiting for the return of a male "diving buddy" who they believe teamed up with Valentina, 23, before she went missing in the middle of February.

The man is currently abroad and is due back in a week.

Let us wait and see

• Replies 149
  • Created
  • Last Reply
5 hours ago, cyberfarang said:

I heard the girl told people she was an experienced diver and was going to dive deeper than anyone has attempted before to make a world record.

If analysed in detail there is nothing strange about the deaths on Koh Tao. The murdered British couple were on the beach when tragically for them they were seen and set upon by a gang and decided to rape the girl. Tourists visiting Thailand can be naive and vulnerable and often get themselves into situations they can`t handle. I have seen Farlang women in tourist beach areas dressed in nothing but boob tubes and throngs, even topless and making out with guys for all and sundry to see.

I wonder how many tourists have been killed in motorbike accidents over the last 10 years and died from excessive use of drugs and strong alcoholic drinks? For some reasons many tourists visiting Thailand believe that safety procedures and other measures they should take to keep themselves from harm does not count in Thailand. It is no wonder that so many come a cropper in Thailand. They are like children left to their own devices without supervision from their parents and as we know children that play with fire get burned.

For all you budding conspiracy theorists out there, I cannot see anything mysterious about the deaths in Koh Tao.

I hope you dont choke on the free drinks you just earned.

1 hour ago, snoop1130 said:

Suspected human flesh pieces and diver’s mask tested for DNA

119_Russian.jpg

Divers searching for the missing Russian free diver have found two pieces of what were believed to be human flesh, a diver’s mask and a green tank top under the sea about 400 metres from the coast of Ao Chaloke Ban Gao on Koh Tao.

All the items salvaged from the seabed at about 4-5 metres deep were on Friday flown in a police helicopter from Koh Tao to the Forensic Institute of the Police General Hospital for DNA tests to determine whether the DNA specimen match with that of the missing Russian woman.

The Koh Tao inquiry police officers in charge of the case were also flown in the same helicopter to meet with Pol Maj-Gen Apichart Boonsrirote, commander of Surat Thani provincial police.

Informed police source said that result of the tests would be available within a week.

Full Story: http://englishnews.thaipbs.or.th/suspected-human-flesh-pieces-divers-mask-tested-dna/

thaipbs_logo.jpg
-- © Copyright Thai PBS 2017-3-10

All I can add to this is; such a terrible and tragic ending for a beautiful young woman.

Let us hope that a satisfactory conclusion regarding this case is reached soon that will give closure for her family and so this woman may rest in peace.

3 minutes ago, cyberfarang said:

All I can add to this is; such a terrible and tragic ending for a beautiful young woman.

Let us hope that a satisfactory conclusion regarding this case is reached soon that will give closure for her family and so this woman may rest in peace.

We still don't know if she has died or not. I say it's time to seek the help of the Russian police.

3 hours ago, ianf said:

So The Burmese two have been sentenced to death for killings that they did not do. Meanwhile, people, in particular pretty young farang blondes, are still dying on Koh Tao. Is there someone in a position of authority in Thailand who is able to add 2 and 2 together and make 4? Because to me the appeal court was out of order to uphold the sentence on the Burmese 2, and if they needed any more evidence this death must be a pointer. But perhaps money is still talking?

I think you are the one not adding 2 and 2 together correctly.

What date did she go missing? What date was the B2 appeal?

Anyone with a shred of commonsense can see that while they were being transported for their appeal, they broke out of the prison van, swam to Koh Tao, disabled all the CCTV cameras, violently murdered her and then returned to the prison van at the next set of traffic lights.

There was even an article in the local paper stating how "sweaty" they were when they got out at the courthouse, now we know they were just wet from their swim.

All the while the Koh Tao locals slept peacefully in their beds before waking to do some charity work feeding the homeless in BKK

50 minutes ago, tukkytuktuk said:

We still don't know if she has died or not. I say it's time to seek the help of the Russian police.

It's a great idea, because if the Russian authorities got directly involved, this would get sorted very quickly (and, if Valentina has been the victim of a despicable crime, the perps would probably get sorted very quickly too).

But it aint gonna happen.

11 hours ago, Bkk Brian said:

Possible this was a tragic boat propeller accident, its happened before a few times in Thailand and sometimes the boat is unaware they have even done this. If she was out that far 400 meters without a dive balloon showing where she was then this could be an explanation, but will wait to see has this progresses as all can only be speculation at this point.

That's an interesting theory and would stop speculations about this being a murder.  But how can we prove it was a boat propeller that killed her?  

20 minutes ago, balo said:

That's an interesting theory and would stop speculations about this being a murder.  But how can we prove it was a boat propeller that killed her?  

You don't need proof. For example 'The Hoe'.

20 minutes ago, balo said:

It's possible that she's still alive. The boat propellor theory was connected to the recent find, which turned out to be a wrong assumption.

2 hours ago, tukkytuktuk said:

This was apparently on Channel 3 early morning, breakfast time today. I would like to say to a moderator that this is what they showed on National News this morning it does have some Thai commentary etc but very good footage.

I also understand the other side of the argument. If it was my daughter on breakfast tv showing her bones floating around. Well...

If you think it should be deleted then delete and I'm sorry to have posted it. I just think that this should be shown.

What human bone looks like that?  Flesh or even a dead fish will float up after  3 or 4 days. Look inland......Murder written all over this one again.

10 hours ago, AGareth2 said:

her body should have floated to the surface

Hope these 'body parts' do not belong to the lady

Not if she was wearing a dive belt,maybe a Burmese shark swam

into Thai waters,a Thai shark would never eat anyone.

Thats a very dangerous place,on land and in the water

regards worgeordie

17 hours ago, realenglish1 said:

Body parts  Maybe because of sharks Maybe you can consider that 

Yeah those sharks are quite picky about what parts of a body they will eat. You often seem them spit bit out.

And pretty clever to unwrap her from her  T-shirt  before eating her.

Personally I think she got cut into bits by a boats propeller. That's not really a  T-shirt, is all that is left of the ball gown she wearing.

All the body parts then got eaten by a picky shark that spat her toes out.

But it was lucky this happened as she was coming back up from her record breaking diving attempt which she passed by almost a mile.

The certificate is currently in the post to her address in Russia, so her death wasn't in vain.

4 hours ago, berybert said:

Yeah those sharks are quite picky about what parts of a body they will eat. You often seem them spit bit out.

And pretty clever to unwrap her from her  T-shirt  before eating her.

Personally I think she got cut into bits by a boats propeller. That's not really a  T-shirt, is all that is left of the ball gown she wearing.

All the body parts then got eaten by a picky shark that spat her toes out.

But it was lucky this happened as she was coming back up from her record breaking diving attempt which she passed by almost a mile.

The certificate is currently in the post to her address in Russia, so her death wasn't in vain.

Well even with Propeller body parts hard to believe her clothing was not molested as well Think about it 

not difficult for someone to dump stuff in the sea, this poor girl could have been buried  in a deep hole somewhere on that Island - right now until her body is found anything is possible, the fact her clothing has turned up without her in them is quite worrying  - the easiest way to conceal a murder is make sure the body is not found, dumping her belongings in the sea could be a distraction

On 3/10/2017 at 6:03 AM, ezzra said:

I have watched enough CSI TV to know by now that

Items that have been submerged in water for a lengthy period of times

are of no forensic values what so ever, and that is why bodies are often

dumped in watery graves to eliminate any biological traces.....

...bullshit.

21 hours ago, smedly said:

not difficult for someone to dump stuff in the sea, this poor girl could have been buried  in a deep hole somewhere on that Island - right now until her body is found anything is possible, the fact her clothing has turned up without her in them is quite worrying  - the easiest way to conceal a murder is make sure the body is not found, dumping her belongings in the sea could be a distraction

Not her clothing apparently.

15 minutes ago, bermannor said:

It would be a disaster for some posters here if the poor girl would be found because their guessing and thumb sucking would be obsolete.

so you think this girl is still alive  ?

if not why bother posting this - what was your point exactly

18 minutes ago, bannork said:

Maybe he's making a comment on the speculation without a shred of evidence by many posters.

A young blond girl disappearing on Koh Tao does tend to raise some questions, and you are right - not a shred of anything, go figure

Archived