From nut sellers to loan sharks - cops call time on Indians whose time in Thailand is over

rooster59

From nut sellers to loan sharks - cops call time on Indians whose time in Thailand is over

NjpUs24nCQKx5e1A55X5PgQcUFz3AvXAmTHc3sLhqbh.jpg

Image: Thairath

Police and military men raided a building in downtown Nakorn Pathom Friday after complaints that a group of Indians were loan sharking.

As the raiding party arrived at the address on the Prapa - Na Sang Road the startled Indians scattered in all directions.

But nine were soon rounded up and taken into the police station. Many accounts books were found in their rooms along with cash in plastic bags.

Police learnt that they had been selling cloth, running a hire purchase scheme and loan sharking. Locals had complained they were being asked to fork out interest of 10% per day which is against the law.

Police further discovered that  the Indians had no right of abode and many had passports that had long since run out of date.

They said that what had started as a small business for many of them selling nuts had developed over the years into a thriving community preying illegally on the Nakorn Pathom locals.

Source: Thairath

tvn_logo.jpg
-- © Copyright Thai Visa News 2017-03-11
  • Replies 45
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Of course that If I to owe lots of money to a loan shark, and a foreign

one in this case, I would have dobbed him in too, what a an easy way

to pay your debts....

16 minutes ago, ezzra said:

to pay your debts....

And rightly so. They have no right to be loaning money.

Lets hope many more of them get fleeced.

BIB, There were 6 Indian Loan Sharks on Cowboy last night around 7pm.  2 armed police, not the rent a cops that show up at 8pm, walked right past one of them gretting paid by a waitress at the Lighthouse and never batted an eyelash.  THere must be some "protection" available.......

1 hour ago, ezzra said:

to pay your debts....

I think you'll find the RTP now have his book and one of their representatives will be collecting.

Yup sound reasonable Sell nuts and the guy buying the nuts cannot afford them so the seller says pay me next time with 10 % fee

Not seeing anything wrong with it the buy agrees but the seller does not collect till the end of the month WOW 300 % markup

Leave it to the Indians to do this 

Thailand is perceived to some in the big wide world  as the land of rip offs , so this attracts trash like flies , they even plan for years to come to Thailand for the sole reason of exploiting any avenue they can and it doesn't help that  Thai  leaders are held in such poor light ...................................................:coffee1:

Archived