Update on CM nightlife...

khunpa

1 hour ago, cyberfarang said:

Think there are one or two still in business, but even when they were in abundance in Chiang Mai Land and in parts of the Chang Klan Road, I never dared to venture into any of those places.

The bottom line is that Chiang Mai nightlife sucks and the further north travelled from Bangkok the worse it gets. It`s OK for a tame meal out or taking in a movie at a cinema with a girlfriend or wife but if fancying a wild night out alone or with mates and painting the town red, forget it, it`s no longer possible in Chiang Mai. It is something like some of the old expats here, well past it`s prime.

If a good night out involves plenty of alcohol and paid for sex , then there are better places to go to,  rather then CM

Still available in CM, bit just not available as it is in other places

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply
45 minutes ago, sanemax said:

If a good night out involves plenty of alcohol and paid for sex , then there are better places to go to,  rather then CM

Still available in CM, bit just not available as it is in other places

Does a wild night out and painting the town red have to involve paid sex? You tell me?

Let's not do anything overtly red, we don't want the junta imposing another curfew.

For people who want nightlife with lights, music, food, drink and lots of people about, nightlife pretty much ends at midnight.

For people who's nightlife involves drinking in small, dark, quiet places all night long, there are still nightlife options.

For people who want sex industry nightlife, Chiang Mai has always had feeble nightlife compared to other parts of Thailand.

On ‎19‎/‎03‎/‎2017 at 7:40 PM, sanemax said:

They have all closed down, none still open

Certainly not true!

There are two Karaoke bars within 200 yds of each other between the ChiangMai Plaza hotel and the Anantara (ex Chedi) on Sridonchai Rd.

Just now, scottiejohn said:

Certainly not true!

There are two Karaoke bars within 200 yds of each other between the ChiangMai Plaza hotel and the Anantara (ex Chedi) on Sridonchai Rd.

Maybe so , but the numerous karaoke bars with girls outside have all closed down , I counted ten places that had closed down recently , walking long chan klan road.

These closed down places seemed to have been a front for other things , some legitimate karaoke places , sing a song, may still be open

42 minutes ago, sanemax said:

karaoke bars with girls outside have all closed down

Wrong again!

The two bars I mentioned above always have girls sitting on stools outside their well advertised karaoke establishments.

I don’t know about other areas and bars in CM but I do know about these two places.:partytime2:

Archived