Fury in Cambodia as US asks to be paid back hundreds of millions in war debts

geovalin

23 minutes ago, Krataiboy said:

Who cares? How can Cambodia owe anything to a bunch of psychopaths who bombed back to the Stone Age and opened the door to a rogue regime which butchered two million Cambodians?

This isn't a matter of emotion v reason but of morality - a virtue clearly lacking among the leaders of the world's most aggressive and destructive superpower - but not, mercifully, among most people around the planet who, like me, will read this story with anger and incredulity.

That's why they love to call themselves "The Exceptional Nation"...

9 hours ago, sanukjim said:

Wont to bet ,hot shot ? This is just an intimidation to push the Cambodian government into a more US favorable position here in Asia  with the help of Cambodia. Hey Hot Shot, The US spends $500,million on fuel flying their military aircraft in a year.

So putting  financial pressure  on Cambodia is  just  to keep them  on the  side   which  they never  chose? 

cambodi  should  take the  US  to the  World  Court  to  demand  a  few trillion  for compensation  for  civilian  deaths and  anything  else related  to the  US  invasion.

20 hours ago, sanukjim said:

Wont to bet ,hot shot ? This is just an intimidation to push the Cambodian government into a more US favorable position here in Asia  with the help of Cambodia. Hey Hot Shot, The US spends $500,million on fuel flying their military aircraft in a year.

And that is exactly why they are 20 Trillion in Debt. Here's another hot shots point of view.Wake up.

On 3/13/2017 at 3:03 AM, sanukjim said:

What is your idea of  plane load of bombs ? The time in the air during this time sounds impossible.For The US their bombing missions were from 1964 until early February.1973 .

30 tons of bombs in one B-52.  Sometimes 500 pound bombs. 

There may have been bigger or smaller bombs in each load, but every time I spoke to someone about B-52 bomb loads, it was 500 pound bombs that were mentioned. 

On 3/13/2017 at 3:08 AM, whatawonderfulday said:

Well guess if they were flying from Udon Thani ,flying time is minimal

The only B-52 that I saw at Udon Thani Royal Thai Air Force Base, was one that had a 15 foot wide hole blown in its side from a surface to air missile while bombing Hanoi.  

The Royal Laotion Air Force did fly out of Udon though.  I saw World War II aircraft start up and taxi out to take off many times.  Their bomb load was quite small compared to modern aircraft. 

F-4 Phantoms were flown out of Udon daily.  Not sure of their destination, but most likely Laos, Cambodia, and Vietnam. 

Utapao and Korat were two bases that I think were where B-52's flew out of.  You could watch the contrails over Udon about 5:30 pm almost every day while they were bombing Hanoi. 

I think B-52's that were bombing Laos and Cambodia may have flown out of the Philippines and Guam. 

Archived