Has anyone recently taken their Thai partner to Oz for holiday?

Thanks for the replies. I did successfully submit an application on line before and it came back approved in 10'days. We made two trips together to oz for 3 mths each time . The biometrics wasn't a requirement back then. What gets me is a person for example from France can get an e visa for a small sum basically on the spot. Europe is full of potential terrorists as we have seen. Thais seem to be discriminated against in the visa area. A predominately Buddhist country. If you have travelled here and returned 2 times surely that shows you are responsible and abide by the rules especially if your partner is an Australian citizen by birth 

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply
On 9/5/2017 at 1:12 AM, bheard said:

The STAT DEC would have been a deciding factor for them. They then have you by the short'n'curleys and know that they can squeeze hard. They'd luv that!
Is signing a Stat Dec normal?

dont even know what is?   does it apply to a tourist visa or a visitor visa?   last week we just got tourist visas for both myself (canadaian yes i need one and have to pay but very easy to do online) and the thai gf got ,,,  took about 14 days. no need for booking appointment like most other visas just show up at vfs and have your paperwork in check. her money in bank for at least 6 months 100k baht,  accomodation, in our case we are hiring motorhome 6 weeks. plus a couple days extra of hotels.

travel insurance, which is easily cancelable if visa not given,

airfair and return airfare, can either be paid for fully refundable or can simply just show how you are planning to go, they do not expect you to prepay this before you get a visa.

if like most of us you are paying the bills she stills needs money in her own bank account but your passport detail copies should be included along with your bank accounts financial statements.

we submitted about 60 pages of info and got back 12. the rest they kept.

been together 8 yrs, she has 3 shenzen visas 1 uk visa 1 multi entry multi yr usa visa 1 multi entry multi yr canadian visa 1 china visa and been to almost all asian countries at least once and most twice.  no black marks in passports.

ex bar girl no job listed as housewife. no income.  just me.

never had a no for visas.  over 30 countries, but again no black marks. always leaves when she says she is going to leave. that is what they like to see. and having her own money.  if it is farong sponser only to easy for a fight and then the state has to take care of her.

• 1 year later...
On 9/6/2017 at 4:22 PM, wanderluster said:

dont even know what is?   does it apply to a tourist visa or a visitor visa?   last week we just got tourist visas for both myself (canadaian yes i need one and have to pay but very easy to do online) and the thai gf got ,,,  took about 14 days. no need for booking appointment like most other visas just show up at vfs and have your paperwork in check. her money in bank for at least 6 months 100k baht,  accomodation, in our case we are hiring motorhome 6 weeks. plus a couple days extra of hotels.

travel insurance, which is easily cancelable if visa not given,

airfair and return airfare, can either be paid for fully refundable or can simply just show how you are planning to go, they do not expect you to prepay this before you get a visa.

if like most of us you are paying the bills she stills needs money in her own bank account but your passport detail copies should be included along with your bank accounts financial statements.

we submitted about 60 pages of info and got back 12. the rest they kept.

been together 8 yrs, she has 3 shenzen visas 1 uk visa 1 multi entry multi yr usa visa 1 multi entry multi yr canadian visa 1 china visa and been to almost all asian countries at least once and most twice.  no black marks in passports.

ex bar girl no job listed as housewife. no income.  just me.

never had a no for visas.  over 30 countries, but again no black marks. always leaves when she says she is going to leave. that is what they like to see. and having her own money.  if it is farong sponser only to easy for a fight and then the state has to take care of her.

shes the luckiest ex bar girl in thailand travelling to all those countries. Good on you

Archived