Land in Chiang Rai Province

Hoss

Hi there,

my thai wife (original from southern) and i are „falling in love“ in the northern of thailand. We came over there for already 4 times. Now we want to looking for buy some payable land in chiang rai province, max 40 kilometer far from chiang rai town.

Some peoples say that some parts of the northern going to be expensive. How about in chiang rai? Possible to buy some payable land?

Any Expat in here who can  suggest?

Cheers

Hoss

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'm not sure why but any high ground anywhere in the north is going to be expensive. Since the floods, even marginal higher altitude farmland has skyrocketed in price. I doubt you are going to find many bargains.

Is there any property company who can provide some payable land in chiang rai? I just ask, because i just only can find property companies who sale super high range properties on www. :sick:

Or maybe anybody in here who can help by find land? :smile:

By the way, thank @Gary A for reply. :smile: 

cheers

I think you'll get more answers if you tell us what you mean by payable. How much land do you need and whats the price you want to pay. 

There is 1 very good property portal, I am not sure if I can name it. Google propert for sale Thailand and it will pop up.

Hoss: i bought land and am building a house in chiang saen; been researching around there for a couple years and altho the prices generally have increased, there are still bargains;

the relatively new bypass to downtown has increased prices right directly on it but i bought just off that collar and am very happy with price,neighborhood,house building costs,nearby amenities;

C saen is just outside your 40 ( it is 60) but C rai city continues to spread north and that extra 20 on high speed highway from C saen means 10 minutes

13 hours ago, SoilSpoil said:

I think you'll get more answers if you tell us what you mean by payable. How much land do you need and whats the price you want to pay. 

There is 1 very good property portal, I am not sure if I can name it. Google propert for sale Thailand and it will pop up.

Yes, you are right. In fact, "payable" mean for 1,5 Ngn (600 sqm) up around 200.000-300.000 THB. Chanode deed "rice field" who is border to town and power line or whatever will be also ok. Distance to chiang rai like i wrote.

And about property company....just give me a pm than.

9 hours ago, YetAnother said:

Hoss: i bought land and am building a house in chiang saen; been researching around there for a couple years and altho the prices generally have increased, there are still bargains;

the relatively new bypass to downtown has increased prices right directly on it but i bought just off that collar and am very happy with price,neighborhood,house building costs,nearby amenities;

C saen is just outside your 40 ( it is 60) but C rai city continues to spread north and that extra 20 on high speed highway from C saen means 10 minutes

Sounds like a nice place, but you are right, really far from cr city. Check your post, i already send you a pm.

On ‎19‎.‎03‎.‎2017 at 3:17 AM, SoilSpoil said:

1 ngan (400 m2) goes for 600 to 1 mil in the villages around Chiang Rai (within 5 km from town) . 4/5 years ago you could buy this for half of todays value.

Thank but it´s much out of my budget. Like i wrote...max about 40 kilometers far from cr city will be ok.

cheers

On ‎22‎.‎03‎.‎2017 at 6:32 PM, boomerangutang said:

I know of some very nice parcels, 10 minutes from town, low asking prices.  Some with houses, some with building pads.  Large trees, no traffic, deep water well.   Anyone can contact me for details and tour.

Thank you. Please check your message i already send you a pm.

cheers

Can I give you the following advice. Go and rent a condo in CM and drive around. Identify areas you like. Let your wife ask about prices from locals in the area (get a big hat and hide under it because if they see foreigners the price double). You can compare these prices with estate agent prices. Later on you will have good idea of prices in the different areas. We took 18 months to buy our first land in HH and 34 months after that for the 2nd piece, there are good buys out there. Don't rush it, play it cool and take your time.

By the way you must always add filling cost if you buy paddy land and lift the house at least another 1 m above the filling height.

My advice is that the land value should be around twice the value of the house you build (example if the land value is B 1,2 m you build a house of B 600 k). Second hand houses don't easily appreciate in value but the value of the land does. Thai people prefer to buy new houses. If you keep to the 2:1 principle you will be in a better position to sell the house in future at a higher price than what it cost you.

A friend of mine has some nice land in your price range. About 10 minutes drive to HomePro, in an area that is just beginning to develop.

The land has been backfilled, electricity brought in, and water as well. As far as I know she is selling for B300,000 per Ngan. With chanote.

She has other cheaper land with chanote, in the same area, but you would have to back fill it, etc. yourself.

PM me if you would like to talk to my friend. She speaks pretty good English, and also German. 

Charlie

I agree with Southernstar. Maybe you could rent a house or property in Chang Ria so you can look around. There are plenty of bargains (people desperate to sell for cash), but it is all word of mouth. If you see an area you like, your wife can ask around. The locals all know who wants to sell. Your wife can take photos of any decent land. You should stay away or the price will go up.

I know you are looking at Chiang Mai but if have you ever thought of Loei in the North East. We have 4.5 Rai for sale in a good area and only 4 kilometres from the city.  It is flat and requires very little filling.  Electricity and water is available.  Asking price 3.6 million baht.:wai:

On ‎29‎.‎03‎.‎2017 at 11:40 AM, SOUTHERNSTAR said:

Can I give you the following advice. Go and rent a condo in CM and drive around. Identify areas you like. Let your wife ask about prices from locals in the area (get a big hat and hide under it because if they see foreigners the price double). You can compare these prices with estate agent prices. Later on you will have good idea of prices in the different areas. We took 18 months to buy our first land in HH and 34 months after that for the 2nd piece, there are good buys out there. Don't rush it, play it cool and take your time.

By the way you must always add filling cost if you buy paddy land and lift the house at least another 1 m above the filling height.

My advice is that the land value should be around twice the value of the house you build (example if the land value is B 1,2 m you build a house of B 600 k). Second hand houses don't easily appreciate in value but the value of the land does. Thai people prefer to buy new houses. If you keep to the 2:1 principle you will be in a better position to sell the house in future at a higher price than what it cost you.

Thank for your advice. I know, that´s also a good way to do. :-)

But, i think can´t be bad to have some "Connections" to peoples who stay in CR, who also can help. :-)

On ‎30‎.‎03‎.‎2017 at 5:01 AM, Si Thea01 said:

I know you are looking at Chiang Mai but if have you ever thought of Loei in the North East. We have 4.5 Rai for sale in a good area and only 4 kilometres from the city.  It is flat and requires very little filling.  Electricity and water is available.  Asking price 3.6 million baht.:wai:

Thank you, but like you said....destination will be around cr and not Isaan. :-)

4 hours ago, scorpio1945 said:

Payable land????  Not even google helps explain what it means. Just curious. It is a term I have never heard.

I already explain what in my mind "payable" mean. See Posting Nr. 6

Just now, Hoss said:

I already explain what in my mind "payable" mean. See Posting Nr. 6

But as the people who may have the land you want but don't understand your mind then maybe another more explainable to them version could be benefitcial to you don't you think?

3 hours ago, kartman said:

But as the people who may have the land you want but don't understand your mind then maybe another more explainable to them version could be benefitcial to you don't you think?

Price, size, location.....what else more i can write as i already did in Posting Nr. 6?

Archived