Land in Chiang Rai Province

Hoss

14 hours ago, Hoss said:

Price, size, location.....what else more i can write as i already did in Posting Nr. 6?

No disrespect but the term "payable" as it relates to land has no correlation in the English language. Is your native language non English which may explain our confusion. Again, no disrespect, but it is not a term used in English and is confusing. 

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply
On ‎1‎/‎04‎/‎2017 at 5:22 PM, Hoss said:

Thank you, but like you said....destination will be around cr and not Isaan. :-)

Understood but really you do not know what you are missing.  Isaan, regardless of any negative comments you have heard, would, as far as I am concerned, leave Chiang Rai for dead.:wai:

• 2 weeks later...
2 hours ago, Grubster said:

I can't believe some of these high prices,  No way.

Yes 890,000 per rai seems a bit steep. Sad part is they are not making any more that's it. So many people trust the physical land you can hold it smell it smells better that bahts and the paper its made of. I can think of other paper that after use is the same. 

There a few points I think.

1; The asking price is usually not the selling price.

2. Well chosen land in CR is much better than keeping money in the bank as far as getting a return. IF you are a Thai.

3. The bridges-highways being built from China-Burma through to Laos, along with some of ASEAN's admin buildings being in CR, should lead to prices that increase for a good while.

I know people here with parents in their 80s that apparently bought land for B1,000 a Rai, many years ago.

I live near Chiang Rai Beach and some land has sold for B4 mil per Rai!

19 hours ago, elgordo38 said:

Yes 890,000 per rai seems a bit steep. Sad part is they are not making any more that's it. So many people trust the physical land you can hold it smell it smells better that bahts and the paper its made of. I can think of other paper that after use is the same. 

At least you own that piece of paper money in your hand, nobody truly owns any land, if you pay taxes on it you don't own it. Anyway, yes 890,000 for a Rai is stupid money unless it is prime for a business.

19 minutes ago, Grubster said:

At least you own that piece of paper money in your hand, nobody truly owns any land, if you pay taxes on it you don't own it. Anyway, yes 890,000 for a Rai is stupid money unless it is prime for a business.

You make a valid point but the paper money in my hand hmm. I just came from the bathroom and after flushing the toilet some of my opinion about paper money went down to somewhere along with another couple pieces of paper. The way the governments are pushing emoney and debasing their currencies and reducing interest rates to zero my trust in paper money is fading fast.  

Yes, right. Seems like since 2 or 3 years, price (also) for land is going to be super high. Nobody knows because of what. For me, i am not willing to jump on this kind of wave. I want to pay a realistic and fair price. :smile:

13 hours ago, charliebadenhop said:

There a few points I think.

1; The asking price is usually not the selling price.

2. Well chosen land in CR is much better than keeping money in the bank as far as getting a return. IF you are a Thai.

3. The bridges-highways being built from China-Burma through to Laos, along with some of ASEAN's admin buildings being in CR, should lead to prices that increase for a good while.

I know people here with parents in their 80s that apparently bought land for B1,000 a Rai, many years ago.

I live near Chiang Rai Beach and some land has sold for B4 mil per Rai!

Incredibly enlightening. I saw the same trend when living in Mexico people were cash poor and millionaires when their land was figured in. Won't be long a burial plot will be 4 million bahts with annual maintenance fees. 

2 minutes ago, elgordo38 said:

You make a valid point but the paper money in my hand hmm. I just came from the bathroom and after flushing the toilet some of my opinion about paper money went down to somewhere along with another couple pieces of paper. The way the governments are pushing emoney and debasing their currencies and reducing interest rates to zero my trust in paper money is fading fast.  

Mine too but I have less faith in other forms of spendable matter such as credit/debit cards. I can't buy a beer with a song.

On 02/04/2017 at 11:55 AM, scorpio1945 said:

Payable land????  Not even google helps explain what it means. Just curious. 

Maybe he means "payable to your missus"..who then has it in her name.

When will you guys wake up?

And the army will cut down on the fake companies and leases before they go, you can be sure of this..they are leaving that last hammer for the big finale.

At least some admit.."we" bought land.....

But theres gonna be a lot of tears amongst the "i" bought....

15 minutes ago, bamukloy said:

And the army will cut down on the fake companies and leases before they go, you can be sure of this..they are leaving that last hammer for the big finale.

Gosh I just wish I had some of this inside information that some posters like bamukloy have.

I could make such great decisions. Then I could be one of those guys that "wake up" instead of being one of those guys that has done OK for the last 19 years here .

I know maybe he will post us a link....or a date line for when the army will make all these changes that they have never even talked about--...... if its not available---maybe just the name of the bar he got it from, I 'll drop in for a listen between Changs ....................:coffee1:

4 minutes ago, oxo1947 said:

Gosh I just wish I had some of this inside information that some posters like bamukloy have.

I could make such great decisions. Then I could be one of those guys that "wake up" instead of being one of those guys that has done OK for the last 19 years here .

I know maybe he will post us a link....or a date line for when the army will make all these changes that they have never even talked about--...... if its not available---maybe just the name of the bar he got it from, I 'll drop in for a listen between Changs ....................:coffee1:

When there are sources telling you..not to buy or involve in illegal or grey areas of law in the next 6 months..you can be sure other Thais are talking about this and well...the writings on the wall

As for the nineteen years here..once you could have overstayed that amount of time, paid a fee on the way out and fly straight back in.

Things are changing.

6 minutes ago, bamukloy said:

As for the nineteen years here..once you could have overstayed that amount of time, paid a fee on the way out and fly straight back in.

Things are changing

I think that most posters on TV are happy to see that law enforced, and there was certainly plenty of time and open warnings given for over a year before it took place.

6 minutes ago, bamukloy said:

When there are sources telling you..not to buy or involve in illegal or grey areas of law in the next 6 months..you can be sure other Thais are talking about this and well...the writings on the wall

May I have a link to the sources please------and not just someone writing on a wall. Because most of the 19 years of living  here I have listen to stories very much like yours......:coffee1:

6 minutes ago, oxo1947 said:

I think that most posters on TV are happy to see that law enforced, and there was certainly plenty of time and open warnings given for over a year before it took place.

May I have a link to the sources please------and not just someone writing on a wall. Because most of the 19 years of living  here I have listen to stories very much like yours......:coffee1:

zzz..You think theres gonna be an official link posted in English before the gov might make a change in policy in the future?

I dont gain anthing from advising people to be VERY carefull and i dont gain anything from seeing them ripped off either.

If you watch the prems friday night shows he always goes on about illegal land enchroachment..do you think he will go after the illeglal rich Thais before making an example of farangs?

Just now, bamukloy said:

zzz..You think theres gonna be an official link posted in English before the gov might make a change in policy in the future?

Oh its a secret......... Don't worry bamukloy.......I wont tell anyone. .....but if I do I'll kill them after..........:coffee1:

Guys please, seem like it gone to be "Off-Topic" now. :sleep:

In fact i open this topic only to find some expats in chiang rai who can help to find payable land.

"Payable" just simply mean for a price in my budget.

So, if there is anybody out there who can help, just do it. :smile:

Then Hoss, I suggest you look for land elsewhere in Thailand.  400,000 for TWO Rai is very cheap.  Grub land that dopes not have direct access to a country road will, in our area of south-west Chiang Rai Province will go for 450,000 to 600,000 per Rai.

Can't pay the piper?  Go elsewhere.  Land in Sukhothai is much cheaper.

On 4/16/2017 at 11:19 PM, Grubster said:

I can't believe some of these high prices,  No way.

6 hours ago, Rotweiler said:

400,000 for TWO Rai is very cheap. 

Eh.....I never said that 400.000 THB for a two Rai Chanode land is expensive. Of course if i have Chance to buy 1 Rai for 200.000 THB i will do that.  But of course land need to be border to any soi/road/way also.

13 hours ago, Rotweiler said:

Then Hoss, I suggest you look for land elsewhere in Thailand.  400,000 for TWO Rai is very cheap.  Grub land that dopes not have direct access to a country road will, in our area of south-west Chiang Rai Province will go for 450,000 to 600,000 per Rai.

Can't pay the piper?  Go elsewhere.  Land in Sukhothai is much cheaper.

I did go elsewhere to buy three Rai just off a highway with 30 min access to two airports, very nice for 130,000 baht per Rai. This is farmland here and there, and I don't think it is a good idea to pay over one hundred times the cash rent value of farm land.  That said, the land is worth what it sells for I guess.  I can afford to pay much more than that but why would I?

I can get you prime midwest farm land in the US right on the highway for 200,000 baht per 2 1/2 Rai [ one acre], with a cash rent value of 15,000 baht per year.   I base farm land on what its cash value is.  Sorry but I think 450 to 600 is stupid high if not good for a non farm business.

If that is how you feel, you may consider buying land and staying in the US.

3 hours ago, Grubster said:

I did go elsewhere to buy three Rai just off a highway with 30 min access to two airports, very nice for 130,000 baht per Rai. This is farmland here and there, and I don't think it is a good idea to pay over one hundred times the cash rent value of farm land.  That said, the land is worth what it sells for I guess.  I can afford to pay much more than that but why would I?

I can get you prime midwest farm land in the US right on the highway for 200,000 baht per 2 1/2 Rai [ one acre], with a cash rent value of 15,000 baht per year.   I base farm land on what its cash value is.  Sorry but I think 450 to 600 is stupid high if not good for a non farm business.

• 2 weeks later...

If anybody out there who can help to find "payable" land around chiang rai , just give me a pm.:smile:

Details:

- max. 40 Kilometer far from chiang rai city

- 1,5 Ngn (600 sqm ) up.

- Chanode deed(titel)

- not close to river/lake...

- border to any road/soi

- not far from electricity and town

- Price range 200.000 - 300.000 THB

- no need to filled, can be rice field.

Thanx

cheers :smile:

Hoss

41 minutes ago, Hoss said:

If anybody out there who can help to find "payable" land around chiang rai , just give me a pm.:smile:

Hoss

Just a quickie Hoss.

A lot of confusion was caused by the term "payable". This indicates that you are looking to get a return from some commercial venture.

Use "Affordable" instead. It explains it all.

23 hours ago, Flustered said:

Just a quickie Hoss.

A lot of confusion was caused by the term "payable". This indicates that you are looking to get a return from some commercial venture.

Use "Affordable" instead. It explains it all.

Allright, "Affordable" instead of "Payable". :smile: 

8 hours ago, charliebadenhop said:

Hi Hoss,

Just to be sure, 

I hope that you know that rice field land must be filled in if you want to build a house on the land.

In CR that will cost you around B50,00 per Ngan.

If you want to filled your land, you also have to pay for it....i know about that too. :smile:

Hoss:  It's time to drop this subject.  From the beginning, you have been asking an impossible question.  And when someone did attempt a reply, you negated the response.  You might be better off asking how long is the string?  How much water?  Try a real estate agent - lots of them around.

3 hours ago, Rotweiler said:

Hoss:  It's time to drop this subject.  From the beginning, you have been asking an impossible question.  And when someone did attempt a reply, you negated the response.  You might be better off asking how long is the string?  How much water?  Try a real estate agent - lots of them around.

What is Impossible? I think it´s not impossible to find land 1,5 Ngn (600 sqm) up, with chanode, max 40 Kilometer far from CR, for about 200.000 - 300.000 THB.

"Water"....i really like water inside my glass of beer, or inside my Bathub but not inside my bedroom or living room. So, i think it would be absolute legitimate to deny flood land what is border to a big River or a big Lake.

And.....I think it will be up to me to close this subject or not.

Regards

Hoss

Archived