EXCLUSIVE: Fears grow as Thai girl disappears after taking US "teacher" to Rayong - but he is a "known rapist"

rooster59

EXCLUSIVE: Fears grow as Thai girl disappears after taking US "teacher" to Rayong - but he is a "known rapist"

FB Story.PNG

The sister of a Thai woman has made an urgent appeal on social media after she has gone missing without a trace for two weeks.

Nittaya Polseepim - or Neung - was taking a man she believed was called Tyler Smith to start a teaching job in Rayong.

But after she went missing two weeks ago her sister Jamjit has since discovered that the person she went with was not Tyler Smith but a man called Jackson Hall.

Hall was arraigned in the US on charges of first degree rape and first degree sodomy in 2015. He was armed when officers first tried to arrest him, it was reported in the Cullman Times in the US.

Hall, from Alabama, has a "lengthy criminal history" according to the Cullman Times that includes car theft, assault and child abuse.

Her sister Jamjit said on Facebook on the "Teaching Jobs in Thailand" page that the family had contacted the US embassy and understood that Hall was using a fake passport and besides was on overstay.

She said that the matter has been reported to police but they had said that her sister will not be easy to find.

"We don't know what to do," she said. "She is often away from home but calls home all the time.

She appealed to the foreign teaching community to share the story in an effort to trace her sister.

"She is missing and he is a known rapist so naturally we are all very worried", she said on Facebook in a post and subsequent comments.

She posted pictures of her sister and the man she said was Jackson Hall.

Some posters cautioned that it was likely that the man she went with had not actually been offered a job at all and the job idea was just a ruse to gain her confidence.

Others said it was disgraceful that checks had not been made by the school on the man's background.

No confirmation was yet available from the Thai police and Thaivisa requests for more information from the family had not yet been answered.

tvn_logo.jpg
-- © Copyright Thai Visa News 2017-03-12

• Replies 218
  • Created
  • Last Reply

About high time that all those foreigners vying for teaching jobs in Thailand

will be  thoroughly vetted and closely looked at, as many of them are of dubious

and questionable characters and using Thailand as a place for their less than

honorable intentions....

21 minutes ago, ezzra said:

will be  thoroughly vetted and closely looked at, as many of them are of dubious

honorable intentions....

Thorough vetting is a great concept and should be applied, unfortunately the best systems will break down when brown envelopes change hands.

38 minutes ago, ezzra said:

honorable intentions....

why only those with teaching jobs and not also those on retirement visa's or marriage visa's. The Swiss guy with the boys would have been caught then.

47 minutes ago, jerojero said:

Dare say it? Another quality farang allowed into the kingdom.

Is there any substantiation for these allegations that Tyler Smith is really Jackson Hall other than this Facebook allegation ?

I am surprised that the US Embassy would release information to a Thai i.e family had contacted the US embassy and understood that Hall was using a fake passport and besides was on overstay. Which means they are not complying with there own Data Protection policy.

If he is then there is cause for concern. If there is no substantiation than is could be a mischievous, vicious little Thai tart out to make trouble perhaps because he rejected her advances, possibly to improve her grades. Just saying.

The article does in say the embassy provided the family with any information.

Neither does the article state that the suspect is a teacher.

In any event, people holding a US passport do not need a visa, so am not sure what benefit additional vetting would have.

Yes, let's blame the missing girl.

Live, love, laugh

1 hour ago, ezzra said:

honorable intentions....

9 minutes ago, Thechook said:

A known rapist and he is allowed into the country?  There is a huge amount of misfits and undesirables who seek Thailand as a refuge.

There is a strict vetting system to teach at  legitimate or "legal" schools in Thailand. Paperwork has become more detailed the past couple years: document from your local police stating you have no past record ; original or certified copy of your university degree getting it verified from your embassy in Bangkok, physical from certified doctor; record of your past schools & references---a lot of "hoops" to go through & it can take over 3 months to get everything approved along with a couple trips to immigration to get ones work visa ( officials in immigration want to see you in person- not an expeditor's face). But this fellow was an imposter & could never be a teacher at a legitimate school or university. How he snuck through USA customs is another big question.

1 hour ago, rooster59 said:

arraigned in the US on charges of first degree rape and first degree sodomy in 2015

22 minutes ago, Thechook said:

A known rapist and he is allowed into the country?  There is a huge amount of misfits and undesirables who seek Thailand as a refuge.

He's not a rapist until determined so by a court of law, although his actions of fleeing seem to indicate he is guilty of the charge.

"She said that the matter has been reported to police but they had said that her sister will not be easy to find."

And how do the Police know she will be hard to find, when they haven't got off their fat <deleted> to even start looking yet?

http://www.decaturdaily.com/news/limestone_county/rape-sodomy-suspect-arrested-near-ardmore/article_64f2351e-a766-57c8-bd1b-44aae4d153ed.html

http://www.waaytv.com/news/decatur/jackson-matthew-hall/image_44158e32-dd95-11e4-aeb6-e78f54b6e23b.html

Google his full, real, name   Jackson Matthew Hall

You'll see mentions of him being in Cambodia last year, and showing up in Thailand later last year.

"She said that the matter has been reported to police but they had said that her sister will not be easy to find."
And how do the Police know she will be hard to find, when they haven't got off their fat to even start looking yet?

Unless people are at home or at work they can be pretty hard to find.

Not she is apparently not using a phone or credit card.

Interesting story. As an American I have to say I am sorry this POS got out of my country.

Obviously, like governments everywhere, the US failed its people in its responsibly to keep this animal locked up. 

I would like to know how he got out of the country. Fake passport from where?

It will be interesting to know how the Thai family knows who he is. Did the missing woman figure it out and tell her family? Then why go with him? 

I hope she is still alive.

2 hours ago, ezzra said:

honorable intentions....

Totally agree. If the Thai government REALLY cracked down on those teaching on wrong visas, no visa's, fake degree's and no criminal checks etc those of us that are able to be legally employed would become a rare commodity......possibly even begrudginly a little more valued in the eyes of the Thai's....oh yeah that rhymes. 

12 minutes ago, NCC1701A said:

Interesting story. As an American I have to say I am sorry this POS got out of my country.

Obviously, like governments everywhere, the US failed its people in its responsibly to keep this animal locked up. 

I would like to know how he got out of the country. Fake passport from where?

It will be interesting to know how the Thai family knows who he is. Did the missing woman figure it out and tell her family? Then why go with him? 

I hope she is still alive.

As my earlier post questioned, why the US Embassy tell the family who he was ? goes against policy which is why I also questioned the veracity of the story.

I previously wrote "Is there any substantiation for these allegations that Tyler Smith is really Jackson Hall other than this Facebook allegation ?

I am surprised that the US Embassy would release information to a Thai i.e family had contacted the US embassy and understood that Hall was using a fake passport and besides was on overstay. Which means they are not complying with there own Data Protection policy"

As my earlier post questioned, why the US Embassy tell the family who he was ? goes against policy which is why I also questioned the veracity of the story.
I previously wrote "Is there any substantiation for these allegations that Tyler Smith is really Jackson Hall other than this Facebook allegation ?

I am surprised that the US Embassy would release information to a Thai i.e family had contacted the US embassy and understood that Hall was using a fake passport and besides was on overstay. Which means they are not complying with there own Data Protection policy"

Again, the article does not say that the US embassy provided the family with any information.

Is there any substantiation for these allegations that Tyler Smith is really Jackson Hall other than this Facebook allegation ?

I am surprised that the US Embassy would release information to a Thai i.e family had contacted the US embassy and understood that Hall was using a fake passport and besides was on overstay. Which means they are not complying with there own Data Protection policy.

If he is then there is cause for concern. If there is no substantiation than is could be a mischievous, vicious little Thai tart out to make trouble perhaps because he rejected her advances, possibly to improve her grades. Just saying.

What a piece of work you are. Firstly you condemn unsubstantiated allegations, then you go on to pronounce your own allegations that she may be a mischievous, vicious, Thai tart.
Well thanks for showing this community what kind of person lurks inside of you.
We have possibly a very dire situation, and your already on track with dehumanizing victim blaming. *sigh*

Sent from my SM-A910F using Tapatalk

If this man was arraigned on charges of rape and sodomy in 2015, how did he manage to leave the country?? One would think that he would have had to surrender his passport if granted bail pending trial.  A lot of information is missing in this article.

3 minutes ago, wcoast said:

What a piece of work you are. Firstly you condemn unsubstantiated allegations, then you go on to pronounce your own allegations that she may be a mischievous, vicious, Thai tart.
Well thanks for showing this community what kind of person lurks inside of you.
We have possibly a very dire situation, and your already on track with dehumanizing victim blaming. *sigh*

Sent from my SM-A910F using Tapatalk

Its on par for him... white = good .. different skin color = bad 

28 minutes ago, whatawonderfulday said:

Did you even consider that the Thai Police (who are on the case) may have received information from the U.S. Embassy, and subsequently passed it on to the family?

All this needs is lot's of publicity. You can run, but hiding is far more difficult these days. Remember the movie scenes where a wanted man, sees his face plastered on the front page of newspapers, and on the local TV station

playing everywhere he looks. Well now it is a hundred times worse, with potentially every person with a smart phone having a picture of the wanted party.

16 minutes ago, uchibenkei said:

He used a fake passport so it wouldn't have mattered in this case.  

Possibly so but I don't understand how it's possible to leave the country , in this case the USA ( with chip-embedded passports with full security features) on a false document. If the system has flaws no one seems to be talking about it. 

In Australia it's impossible to leave without a chip passport and facial recognition screening: even so, some people do it. Same with UK.

The "accusations" appear to be true.  After a search, I found (1) an article in the Cullman Times re his arrest in 2015, and (2) a 2016 blogspot warning about his presence in SEAsia & trying to obtain a teaching job.  As to how he got out of the country (I was wondering how he escaped after being arrested), he apparently was granted bail & skipped; obtained a phony passport using data pertaining to an acquaintance of his; then, obviouslly, skipped out entirely.  Here are the two links if you'd like to read the details for yourselves.

http://www.cullmantimes.com/news/cullman-co-sodomy-suspect-arrested-in-limestone/article_75a62a26-25e1-11e5-90d2-cb90ed38df38.html

http://teflwatchdog.blogspot.com/2016/08/jackson-matthew-hall-using-stolen-id-of.html

2 minutes ago, Prbkk said:

Possibly so but I don't understand how it's possible to leave the country , in this case the USA ( with chip-embedded passports with full security features) on a false document. If the system has flaws no one seems to be talking about it. 

In Australia it's impossible to leave without a chip passport and facial recognition screening: even so, some people do it. Same with UK.

I don't know.  He probably got a hold of someone's real passport. Nobody checks the photos that closely. Maybe nobody's really using the facial recognition tech. I agree with you that we need to do everything we can to keep these people in their own country if not in jail.

50 minutes ago, mogandave said:

Again, the article does not say that the US embassy provided the family with any information.

So what is your take on this part of the article again ?

"Her sister Jamjit said on Facebook on the "Teaching Jobs in Thailand" page that the family had contacted the US embassy and understood that Hall was using a fake passport and besides was on overstay."

Archived