Accomm Recommendations for Kanchanaburi Province

Bredbury Blue

Recommendations for Kanchanaburi Province

Looking to take the family on a driving holiday there later this month, been a few times over the years. Looking for hotels/resort recommendations for:

1. Kanchanaburi town.

2. Somewhere on the way to Sangklaburi.

3. Sangklaburi town.

Is it a nice drive round Srinakharin Dam? Something in my memory tells me there’s a car ferry?

Anybody driven to Pilok? Ok drive? Pilok nice to stay? Recommendation?  

Thanks.

Like the look of  Good Times Resort. We've always stayed over the years at Felix which is good, but fancied trying somewhere new plus we only need the first night in Kanchanaburi city.

I have a reasonable idea of Kanchanaburi as we've been visiting every few years for decades, but any recommendations for up the 323. We've stayed at Mida Resort which was good but a bit favoured by tour groups, and i was thinking of a resort on the banks of the kwai noi or maybe even Srinakharin dam.

I passed through Sangklaburi 27 years ago on the way to chedi saam ong / 3 pagodas (which i didn't even get see as there was shooting/conflict on the border that day), have no ideas of where to stay beyond what i can read on websites, so was looking for a recommendation or two.

Also been looking at that snakey-road up to Pilok town on the border and wondering whether to try it or not.

1 minute ago, Bredbury Blue said:

Nobody stayed along Sai Yok or in Sangkhlaburi?

I recently stayed in both. Both are undergoing a boom in tourism. Tons of accommodation. Sangkhla is unrecognisable from 10 years ago.

Since I have no idea of your budget or how many in your group, I cannot recommend anywhere.

You cannot fail to find accommodation.

^Turns out the wife's friend owns a new resort along the Sai Yok so we'll be visiting there, but any comments on Sangkhlaburi would be appreciated. Two nights, family of 4, budget not a consideration, just looking for a decent comfortable place for the family in Sangkhlaburi or close. 

• 3 weeks later...

Archived