Walking Street: Has topless Go-Go become a No-No?

webfact

"The club was charged with opening out of hours, having no operating license, no alcohol license, serving underage customers, allowing drug taking and matters relating to the sale of shisha. "

No one I know has ever heard of a GoGo by the name of "Dance 2" on Walking Street or anywhere else. Must be a Thai place and with 150 customers that also eliminates most GoGo's on Walking Street or Soi LK Metro. So what is the real story? My mate was out Sunday night and it was topless "everywhere" on Walking Street...strange. 

• Replies 144
  • Created
  • Last Reply
11 hours ago, cncltd1973 said:

FL has better go-gos and some counties allow full nudity. Skilled in the art of the pole, mostly college girls with southern charm.

Yeah, and they locate the nude cafe's alongside the interstate highways so travelers can have a meal, something to drink and an eyeful.  

Just now, BruceMangosteen said:

"The club was charged with opening out of hours, having no operating license, no alcohol license, serving underage customers, allowing drug taking and matters relating to the sale of shisha. "

No one I know has ever heard of a GoGo by the name of "Dance 2" on Walking Street or anywhere else. Must be a Thai place and with 150 customers that also eliminates most GoGo's on Walking Street or Soi LK Metro. So what is the real story? My mate was out Sunday night and it was topless "everywhere" on Walking Street...strange. 

Show me one thing that is not strange about Thailand?

Not Pattaya (though I did spend a lot of time there) -- I was walking down Raminthra Rd in BKK, about to have a heat stroke, so I stopped to sit on a bus bench in the shade.

A rather sweet, elegant Thai lady was sitting a few seats down & here came a dump truck going hell-bent for leather, with his front bumper caved in on the front left, which was cutting the tire, doing at least 100 kph, and smoke just BOILING off said tire...Luckily it still had air in it when he blasted by us.

It just looked at the lady, she looked at me & both of us could only say TIT.

Such is normal in Thailand.

1 minute ago, jaywalker said:

A rather sweet, elegant Thai lady was sitting a few seats down

It just looked at the lady, she looked at me & both of us could only say TIT.

Such is normal in Thailand.

Dog gone it...that wasn't the ending we all were anticipating...why not make something up like "we clasp hands, she asked "how much you give me?".. and  we were off to my hotel..."...true love as only found in Thailand.

1 minute ago, BruceMangosteen said:

Was in Hooters. Beer 144 Baht. Three beers and ten chicken wings 1000.Baht. You guys have given in to this stuff of uncovered prices for covered birds.

Hooters is for shut-ins anyway. Was in the Nana Hooters a few days after they opened--had one beer and left. Some of the girls looked like they came from the free-lancers in the parking lot. Even in the states they are a miss, as far as I am concerned--for starters, the girls must wear pantyhose and the prices are higher than other bars in the vicinity.

3 minutes ago, BruceMangosteen said:

Dog gone it...that wasn't the ending we all were anticipating...why not make something up like "we clasp hands, she asked "how much you give me?".. and  we were off to my hotel..."...true love as only found in Thailand.

Had I been in the mood Bruce...Yeah, I probably could have talked her into it.

I was headed to Villa Supermarket though. I'd been eating spicy "Whatever" and rice for a month, working with these Thai guys, and just wanted a ham & cheese sandwich more than anything else.

I love Thai Jasmine rice, but I need some 'taters & bread every once in a while.

Villa was just close enough to walk to, and on the opposite side of the road = a taxi was unfeasible.

2 minutes ago, smotherb said:

Don't know where you've been, but at the Cafe Risque near Gainesville the food and the beer was nowhere near that expensive, especially in the early 1990s--maybe it was that coke you had.

I was there in the early 90's, but only two or three times. Goons working as bouncers were a turn off. But, the food was reasonable and in fact, good! Breakfast specials and truck parking! Billboards for 100 miles either direction. I doubt it's still open..thanks for the memories mate!

On 3/13/2017 at 9:40 AM, redwinecheese said:

Great job otherwise we will be seeing open sex practice in Pattaya which will force me to leave Thailand for good.

oh no don't go!!!!  if you don't like Pattaya DONT GO

next!

3 minutes ago, BruceMangosteen said:

I was there in the early 90's, but only two or three times. Goons working as bouncers were a turn off. But, the food was reasonable and in fact, good! Breakfast specials and truck parking! Billboards for 100 miles either direction. I doubt it's still open..thanks for the memories mate!

Just googled it, apparently it is still there and the wing special is $8.99, all-you-can-eat. Last time I was there was in 2007.

Multiple off topic posts all from the same source have been removed, please stop posting about your stories from the USA they are NOT related to Pattaya

19 hours ago, whatawonderfulday said:

They should face summary execution....(The lawmakers that is).

I tried to tell my wife that chili peppers did not exist in Thailand till 500 years ago when the Portuguese imported them from Brazil, and that most Thai women went topless not so long ago.

That went over like a Led Zepplin with no tunes.

She told me I was slap bananas.

1 minute ago, jaywalker said:

They should face summary execution....(The lawmakers that is).

I tried to tell my wife that chili peppers did not exist in Thailand till 500 years ago when the Portuguese imported them from Brazil, and that most Thai women went topless not so long ago.

That went over like a Led Zepplin with no tunes.

She told me I was slap bananas.

Yes well, you can take a horse to water etc etc

The story is COMPLETE  and utter BS.

Why do so many people who don't know feel a need to comment? 

If anyone doesn't believe me there are STILL topless girls dancing on WALKING STREET at this very moment, then I will bet you as much as you like, and meet you at the start of WS and take you there myself. I can guarantee you within 5 minutes you will see topless girls. 

Or or you go and just check out the reality by yourself.

It has been fun reading all the theories from the expert posters as to why. The police vas the army. Blah blah blah..Lol.

It simply is not true. You guys should get out more.

Even when a certain person passed away last year, within 3 days some in places the girls had them out. Some places did observe a toning it down a bit, others didn't.

Please if you don't know, don't make it up. 

23 hours ago, Xaos said:

My dad visited me from florida he was surprised they not topless. He said its much better gogos in FL.

I even went one in Canada and was mad

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

You went to the wrong places then. 

Ask aroung next time. 

On March 13, 2560 BE at 7:22 PM, kingstonkid said:

I find it interesting that people are missing the fact that the charges were not for topless dancing but

being open past closing time.

allowing underage drinking

allowing drug usage

having shisha pipes and equipment

These are things that are illegal  in every country (except for shisha)  The raid was not for topless dancers but because there was a complaint of underage drinking.

This is a good raid and does nothing to hurt the Farang tourist.  The girls still parade with tops on in the bars and the last time i was at Patpong the clubs were doing quite nice thank you.

And also the fact that there are still girls dancing topless in walking street Gogol right now.

the story is a falsehood.

22 hours ago, cncltd1973 said:

FL has better go-gos and some counties allow full nudity. Skilled in the art of the pole, mostly college girls with southern charm.

You think there is no full nudity in Walking Street?

IIf you think so, you are wrong, unless you count high heels and ear rings.

19 hours ago, gigman said:

Aussie's ...end of story ..traveling to Thailand. Because if anyone want's to see beach of rain forest ...then must out of his/her mind.....

There is much much better in Australia and cleaner,safer (and no one will check your urine) ...hence no girls no trips. Simple as that.

Instead of fighting street crime they fighting with everything else which kills natural Thai life which was making money for ages .

Well, if there no tourists then no reason to rob farangs or do deals ... Simple nice kinder garden...

It's sad ..but there is still some other countries around the world just hungry for our dollar (and still not greedy as LOS ) ...

Er, I went there once. 

Very expensive. Drinks were about 300 baht a beer. And the strippers, well, were plus size. And wanted 1500 baht for a two song lap dance. 

Here, 70 baht for a beer, and a lady drink if you want a lap,dance. So about 150 baht.

So ten beers and 3 lap dances in Australia some very ordinary girls = 7500 baht.

Or the same in Pattaya with girls who don't squash you = 1150 baht. 

And you say the LOS are greedy?  

It was quite cold also, and they had a dress code. Which I thought was a bit odd, since we were not there to impress the ladies. DRess up to go to see strippers? Weird.

And don't even start me on how much the scamming taxi driver charged us for a 12 kilometer taxi ride back to the hotel!!!!

and I will state it again. THere are STILL topless girls on walking street.

The headline is a question and the answer is. NO

Years ago in Patpong all topless bars were on the second floor and they had a lookout on the ground to warn of police.

Where the heck is "Dance 2" and how did they get 150 customers? Must be a very large place with something special going on.

On 13/03/2017 at 9:49 PM, Xaos said:

My dad visited me from florida he was surprised they not topless. He said its much better gogos in FL.

I even went one in Canada and was mad

Lol - back in 2006 a friend took me to a strip club in Kingston, Ontario (Canada). He thought it was the best thing ever.

After a 10 minute wait a girl (one) came on stage in a bikini and danced for one song. Yawn.

Then she danced for a second song and a the very end of the song took off her top. Yawn.

Then she danced for a 3rd song and a few seconds before it ended she took off her bikini bottom and walked off stage. Yawn.

Then a 15 minute wait for the next girl who basically did exactly the same thing. My buddy thought he was in heaven and couldn't understand how I could possibly be bored ! (Tried explaining Pattaya to him but he wasn't believing it.)

I used to live near the 2 main strip clubs in Vancouver (the #5 Orange, as glimpsed in Deadpool and the Drake) and have been to strip clubs in Victoria, Edmonton, Winnipeg and Wainwright (and a couple in Ontario). Not a single one of them even remotely compares to the go-go bars in Thailand.

Not. Even. Remotely.

I've also been to clubs in the States (Washington and California) which, if anything, were far worse !

Almost every single strip club in Canada employs the exact same format as described above. In some provinces (like Alberta) the dancers have to be at least 1 meter away from the customers ! ("Your dance area must have at least 1 metre of space between you and the customers ") In most places touching is strictly out of the question (though some allow lap-dancing but the customer isn't allowed to touch the girl). Not to mention how frikken expensive those places tend to be. It used to be $20 (over 500 baht at today's rates) just to have some chick gyrate in front of you for a couple of minutes without actually touching you !

Compare that to the go-gos in Pattaya ? There is no comparison ! Sheesh - almost every go-go bar in Pattaya beats anything North America has to offer. More so if the go-go has a "shower" in it.

By the way, I was on Walking Street 2 nights ago and there was all manner of "toplessness" going on in various clubs. One also has to understand just how things "work" in most of those clubs. Not all girls are comfortable with displaying their wares (openly). Girls who are willing to go topless often get a higher salary than those that aren't, just like the girls that are willing to go full nude (and/or do "shows") often get a higher salary. I've seen many clubs with a mix of topless and "topped" girls dancing at the same time and most clubs also have "shows" every so often through the night where there are scads of girls leaving little to the imagination.

Lol - back in 2006 a friend took me to a strip club in Kingston, Ontario (Canada). He thought it was the best thing ever.
After a 10 minute wait a girl (one) came on stage in a bikini and danced for one song. Yawn.
Then she danced for a second song and a the very end of the song took off her top. Yawn.
Then she danced for a 3rd song and a few seconds before it ended she took off her bikini bottom and walked off stage. Yawn.
Then a 15 minute wait for the next girl who basically did exactly the same thing. My buddy thought he was in heaven and couldn't understand how I could possibly be bored ! (Tried explaining Pattaya to him but he wasn't believing it.)

I used to live near the 2 main strip clubs in Vancouver (the #5 Orange, as glimpsed in Deadpool and the Drake) and have been to strip clubs in Victoria, Edmonton, Winnipeg and Wainwright (and a couple in Ontario). Not a single one of them even remotely compares to the go-go bars in Thailand.
Not. Even. Remotely.
I've also been to clubs in the States (Washington and California) which, if anything, were far worse !

Almost every single strip club in Canada employs the exact same format as described above. In some provinces (like Alberta) the dancers have to be at least 1 meter away from the customers ! ("Your dance area must have at least 1 metre of space between you and the customers ") In most places touching is strictly out of the question (though some allow lap-dancing but the customer isn't allowed to touch the girl). Not to mention how frikken expensive those places tend to be. It used to be $20 (over 500 baht at today's rates) just to have some chick gyrate in front of you for a couple of minutes without actually touching you !

Compare that to the go-gos in Pattaya ? There is no comparison ! Sheesh - almost every go-go bar in Pattaya beats anything North America has to offer. More so if the go-go has a "shower" in it.

By the way, I was on Walking Street 2 nights ago and there was all manner of "toplessness" going on in various clubs. One also has to understand just how things "work" in most of those clubs. Not all girls are comfortable with displaying their wares (openly). Girls who are willing to go topless often get a higher salary than those that aren't, just like the girls that are willing to go full nude (and/or do "shows") often get a higher salary. I've seen many clubs with a mix of topless and "topped" girls dancing at the same time and most clubs also have "shows" every so often through the night where there are scads of girls leaving little to the imagination.

U went to the wrong gogos in CA

I was taken by latino friend to a gogos filled with cubans mexicans puerto ricans etc.

All naked

Tables were in U shape where girl dances inside ur table.

Ppl were putting 5us in thier teeths and lying down on flor then naked girl were crouching on ur face sort of dancing close ups. And girls were really good looking.

9 hours ago, Kerryd said:

Not. Even. Remotely.

Finally, someone who knows what he is talking about, because you were actually there, unlike the ranters.

I saw the same this arfternoon, on a 13 Soi. I was thirsty, girl out the front was holding a sign with 50 baht drought beer. So I entered and not only topless but they were proudly showing off Jimmy as well.

On March 13, 2560 BE at 7:01 PM, dunroaming said:

Yes my fiend but it is not the police doing the crackdown and that is the point.  It is the army and they have had a running battle with the police for many years.  In Thaksin's day the police ran the show and now with the Junta the army runs the show.  A little knowledge of how Thailand works may help you to understand.

And if you had any of this little knowledge you think you had, you would realise you are wrong. There are plenty of topless and bottomless girls in walking street.

Where do you get all your so called knowledge from? 

Fake knowledge, or is it just alternative knowledge?

On 3/14/2017 at 9:53 PM, Philthyphil said:

And also the fact that there are still girls dancing topless in walking street Gogol right now.

the story is a falsehood.

how far away from thailand are you writing this stuff.

clearly not from pattaya this evening

On 3/15/2017 at 2:10 PM, Philthyphil said:

Finally, someone who knows what he is talking about, because you were actually there, unlike the ranters.

I saw the same this arfternoon, on a 13 Soi. I was thirsty, girl out the front was holding a sign with 50 baht drought beer. So I entered and not only topless but they were proudly showing off Jimmy as well.

Soi 13 isn't Walking Street either.

19 hours ago, NanLaew said:

Soi 13 isn't Walking Street either.

I know. Just mentioned it because I was there that afternoon. Full nudity during the day, and just a short walk from 13.

On March 16, 2560 BE at 3:52 AM, striderman said:

how far away from thailand are you writing this stuff.

clearly not from pattaya this evening

Would you like to bet me? 

I don't think I can name places, but try one starting with sugar, one with electric, one starting with Iron and then we will go from there.

The problem with a lot of simpletons is they don't understand the difference between gogo and coyote. They go to one place and assume it is all the same. You should get out more.

Go check it out, then get back to me.

if there is anything else you can't figure out for yourself just send me a personal message and I will help you out. You seem to be struggling.

Suger babies last night. The mamason who is attractive got drunk and stripped naked while dancing around the tables, the girls were screaming with laughter

And then she got in the shower and was handed an empty bottle of champaign.. Which she raped her self with lol

Walking St alive and well!

Archived