Video: Sickening violence as security guard kicked in the face

webfact

Why are Thai men such cowards?  I never see a one on one situation unless the perp is beating on a woman or a geriatric.  Why do dozens of people stand by and watch, doing nothing, while a man who is unconscious continues to be beaten?  I am not saying they need to jump in fists flying but at least make an attempt to stop the beating by being reasonable.  The men should step aside and let the women run the country.

• Replies 154
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 hours ago, redwinecheese said:

Some posters calling for death penalty which only show angry not rational posting.

Don't be so sanctimonious. Who are you to judge moral rationality? I trust you're the sort of superior liberal intellectual who believes that soft sentencing and rehabilitation works, followed by a big hug, and if anyone disagrees with you, well, then they're just as bad as the perpetrators, if not worse.

Reoffending statistics prove that current jail systems and western rehabilitation doesn't work. Ok, it works in Saudi Arabia. But hey, sometimes the old ways are the best. In this case, those violent individuals need to be removed from the streets and never allowed to return. Better still, removed from planet earth. Sorry, red wine, but I'm just sick and tired of being moralised, preached and lectured to by people who have no solutions to the present escalating problem, especially when the system we have now isn't working.

3 hours ago, twizzian said:

I wonder how Thailand would fair in a real war with another country where the odds were even, Think they'd all scatter and run like frightened mice. Cowards.

Dont be so cynical they lasted 7 hours against the Japanese

This cowardly attack is just sickening, why keep on kicking in the head after the guy is already down and out?? This should be prosecuted a pre meditated murder attempt and the culprit should be locked up for life or death sentence, that's the only way to stop those idiots :(

A suitable punishment may be serving in a ranger battalion in southern Thailand for 12 months (on the "front line") or 5 years in the monkey house! Let them choose. Let's see how tough these punks are.

If I was a believer, I would hope that karma catches up with them during their punishment period.

The ringleader is still at large. Just sounds like it´s a big club of thugs he is the boss for. Soon we will here that the police raided 3 thug clubs in Nothaburi.
However, this is a horrible way of behavior that should only be met with the same act of violence. Everything else is already tested and nobody seems to care.
It´s just time to round em up and give them a long and hard piece of their own medicin. Seems to be the only thing theese kind of idiots can get a grip on.

They all ought to be locked up without a doubt..but that will (as always here) come down to their parents status.

Is it just me or over the last year these attacks by Thai youths are escalating..not a week goes by now without us seeing videos or hearing reports of individuals being attacked by groups of 3 or 4 youths for no real reason except maybe loss of face.

Maybe this is a chicken or egg scenario..more attacks lead to more cameras, which in turn leads to more of these events being aired on the media.

(Let's not forget the video footage where the 2 elderly tourists were attacked, & the 72yr old lady having her face kicked-in by a youth from 11 months ago)... that seemed to be the benchmark for Thai youths to go forth & copy without any worries of being caught on camera...Welcome to Thailand, tourists please take note that now there are more dentists than tailor-shops..

This is mainly due to.......... 

Its not a Thai thing.... it's a human thing... this sort of stuff happens all the time in Europe and America too... no one coming to help as they are too afraid to get involved.

It is a Thai thing. The Thai's fight like cowards. If you don't believe me go outside right now and hit a big Thai man in the face. He'll either run off or several other Thai men will gang up on you and beat you until your unconscious.

There is no fair fight's. In the U.K if you pick a fight with some one you are left alone to fight it out or until the police arrive. Ganging up on one person does happen but is frowned upon and gets you zero street cred.

Thai men fight like drunk women out clubbing in the UK. Stomping on their victims with high heels. Kicking and running away after each attack.

10 hours ago, LennyW said:

10 out of 10 for Thainess, three on one, kicking the man repeatedly when he is down, passers by acting as if nothing is going on, yep full marks on this one!!

Very true, but you forgot to include the main one that started the whole thing: "I'm allowed to do whatever I want, no matter how much of an inconsiderate moron sh!twit move it is, and NOBODY has the right to confront me about it."

I am sure posters here don't like to get angry but something like this...absolute mindless cretinous morons of the highest cowardice rank. The number of head attacks, the guard is lucky to be alive. Get well soon. I agree, this should be treated like attempted murder and not GBH or does GBH here carry a bigger penalty?

There are hordes of these young Thai males roaming about the cluster of villages where I live.They are unemployed and unemployable,and their behaviour is usually fuelled by YaBa and or cheap whiskey,You would not want to have a fight with any one of them because at least twenty would show up within 5 minutes.I have seen this happen.

After stomping your head in all their parents would testify that they were such nice boys and it was all your fault.The parents around here basically lose control (that is,if they ever had any control) of their male offspring at about the age of 13-15 which is about the same age their female offspring start getting pregnant.

8 hours ago, Wilsonandson said:

Reminds me of the Hua Hin elderly couple and son beating. People just walk on by or stand back and watch. No one steps in to help.

The story of the good Samaritan is obviously not told in Thai schools. I wonder if there is a Buddhist story that is similar to that told to children?

Why is the culture of this country to turn the other head? Ignore the crys for help of the injured or victims of crime. Who teaches this culture? Don't get involved, don't help, not my problem.

Is it karma? The victim deserves it as they must have done something wrong in the past. Anyone know?

Not all Thais are like this and do come to the aid of those being attacked or those injured but for the many years I have been here I haven't seen that happen very often.

I guess this is not just Thailand either but an Asian culture thing. Oh well, survival of the fitest or should I say the one with the biggest gang.

It's not only a Asian culture thing my friend.Maybe it's not reported as much in other countries .It happens everyday in the USA-Chicago ,NY,NY,LA. In some countries police and fire Dept.dont even enter some neighborhoods .I don't know the reason behind this tragic  occurrence ,not to say they didn't need or needed one.Its easy to say what you would do after the fact.Sad

38 minutes ago, LPCustom69 said:

Until they start dishing out real punishment for these violent crimes, it will continue.

Thailand needs to turn this around quickly!

It will get worse before it gets better.

And they wonder why tourism numbers are down?

"Thailand needs to turn this around quickly!"

No they won't.Violence is rife in these villages.A mendicant monk was brutally slain here on the weekend.Most of these incidents never make it to the national news.There are not enough jails in Asia to house these offenders if the law followed Western principles  of justice.

5 minutes ago, Odysseus123 said:

"Thailand needs to turn this around quickly!"

No they won't.Violence is rife in these villages.A mendicant monk was brutally slain here on the weekend.Most of these incidents never make it to the national news.There are not enough jails in Asia to house these offenders if the law followed Western principles.

Correct, they won't and they will continue losing tourists.

Perhaps someone needs to start a section, or sticky on these types of crimes, so that the punishment, if any can be monitored.

As someone mentioned earlier, there was a bread seller hacked to death by a group, and I believe some were the sons of cops. I'm guessing nothing happened to them.

10 minutes ago, little mary sunshine said:

Calling for the death 

penalty is not only rational,

it appears to be entirely appropriate in this case!!

Anyone with this little regard for the life (and well-being, for that matter) of their fellow human beings, do not deserve to keep their own.

Calling for the death 
 penalty is not only rational,
it appears to be entirely appropriate in this case!!

The death penalty for GBH?
Why not give these teenagers jobs. Not easy jobs, jobs that no one else wants to do. Two year contract. All pay they earn given to the victims family.

Low life !! Nothing else to say. Be proud Thailand of these scum your allowing to manifest and breed without any control or input into what's acceptable behavior. As some one else said if this was in my country your friends would give you zero respect for first doing this and second getting others to help you . The sooner this ignorant loss of 'face' mentality is dealt with the better . God help if Thai males ever have to really fight in a war as they are for sure going to run to mummy !! 

3 minutes ago, Nigeone said:

Low life !! Nothing else to say. Be proud Thailand of these scum your allowing to manifest and breed without any control or input into what's acceptable behavior. As some one else said if this was in my country your friends would give you zero respect for first doing this and second getting others to help you . The sooner this ignorant loss of 'face' mentality is dealt with the better . God help if Thai males ever have to really fight in a war as they are for sure going to run to mummy !! 

Yeah there would be zero Street cred for 3 20 somethings kicking the shit out of a middle aged security guard. If I was 28 I'd be embarrassed to ask a couple of bum fluffed kids to do someone with me , Just totaly out of order, I hope the "pretty boys" get what they deserve in Nick

13 hours ago, jaywalker said:

While what the thugs did was completely WRONG in every sense of the word, if the guy had been packing a .45 and/or AR-15, AND been wearing boots (he could have kicked back), AND was a trained professional, it probably would have never happened.

Instead he's just a poor old guy with a uniform & flip-flops!

Nothing against the security guard in the least, just saying he was ill prepared to provide any security whatsoever, so what's the point of him even being there, if he can only ask people to be nice & almost gets killed for doing so?

The video is sickening and the perpetrators should be dragged to the nearest tree.

Totally agree. Have to fight fire with fire. Security guards are working a dangerous job and they should be armed. The man is probably earning a pittance and had no chance against three vicious thugs that have the potential to kill. 

Archived