Where to get a gun permit in korat

Machz69x

We don't own any guns but I thought that a Thai could have guns in the house, car & business if the right reasons were given, is this true?. I know 2 Thai women who have guns in their cars and one of them has two guns in her car and she would definitely shoot someone if she thought she was threatened. 

you go to the local cop shop. Fill the forms.. They will ask why you need a gun. They put that in the form. Send the papers to Bangkok. In Bangkok they will look at the papers and deny your request. Easy?

9 hours ago, connda said:

After the purchase the dealer will work with you to obtain a Por 4 that is needed to possess the gun and purchase ammo. 

Never worked that way with us. The Amphur only gave us permission to buy the  gun with 5 rounds. We bought the gun in BKK. When the gunshop saw we only had permission for 5 rounds they peed themselves laughing. The shop gave us a full box free of charge. We were told if we wanted any more we had to go back to the Amphur and apply for more. We never went back to the gunshop thereafter. From the gunshop were went somewhere in BKK to register the weapon. Did that and that was all we had to do. In the 5-6 years we had the weapon we were never checked as to its storage or whether we still owned it.

14 hours ago, williamgeorgeallen said:

like some one mentioned only the permit holder will be legally allowed to train with the fire arm so i am not sure how you would go about training.

It depends where one lives. If you live in a very rural area it's quite easy to go practice. In an urban area you find a shooting range. Buriram has one and I'd imagine there are many more dotted around Isaan..

3 minutes ago, sinbin said:

It depends where one lives. If you live in a very rural area it's quite easy to go practice. In an urban area you find a shooting range. Buriram has one and I'd imagine there are many more dotted around Isaan..

there will always be someone wanting to call the cops on you to get a cash fine reward. i have done some shooting at ranges around thailand and they are very expensive.

15 hours ago, sinbin said:

In theory you're right. I/we had a Czech .22 rifle. Do the police firmly believe my wife used it? Many illegal guns around here on the border. If it came to me using a gun to protect my own then the law can get to ...............................

and the law will fxxx you for it. laws work for you and against you also

20 minutes ago, williamgeorgeallen said:

yea, the motorbike taxis snitch to the cops a lot. the seem to be the cops eyes and ears. 

Not everyone lives in an urban area.

16 minutes ago, catman20 said:

and the law will fxxx you for it. laws work for you and against you also

So does money and so does having friends, if you get me drift?

Anyone have any ideas about this situation ?

My wife inherited a pistol from her late father, who was in the army, it was in his will and I believe there is still a copy somewhere

It was kept securely at her uncle's house, but as he is having major building work done, we had to retrieve it.

The most bizarre day of my life in Thailand was a month ago, when we walked into our bank with a semi-automatic pistol and two full clips of ammunition (all well wrapped) and put it in our safety box.

As my wife is already the owner, can she register the gun ?

37 minutes ago, Keesters said:

MOVE.

You suggest where? I may live where you recommend. cheesyrdn2.gif Please recommend somewhere in Thailand where  there is no crime and no guns. I've been burgled twice. Once where my wife woke up screaming 'there's a man in the room'. 2nd time they poisoned my dogs. We were away.

14 hours ago, bazza73 said:

Why do you even need a gun?

Check out this link:

Remember that old gun rights saying? When guns are outlawed, only outlaws will have guns? It appears that Australia is having that problem right now. They have found it necessary to have another big crackdown on illegal guns. Do they really think the outlaws are going to turn their guns in? People have guns to protect themselves from criminals who have guns. Why don't people who live in rural areas have home invasions? I can tell you why. Farmer's children are trained from an early age about gun safety and how to use guns. The majority of farm homes have guns readily available and everyone in the family knows how to use them.  That also protects the few anti gun people. A criminal doesn't want to take a chance invading a rural home because the vast majority of rural homes are armed. Cities with strict gun control laws are where the home invasions occur. What good are the Chicago gun laws? Strictest laws in the country and the murder capital of the country.

@Keesters, if your comment was aimed at me, we do not need a gun.

My wife inherited a gun, safely locked in a security box in the bank.

My only worry is the deteriorating ammunition, so we may have to dispose of that someday.

As it is an heirloom, my wife would like to have the correct paperwork, she has not investigated that yet as we are very busy building our new project, just wondered if any members here have definitive advice.

2 hours ago, The Fat Controller said:

@Keesters, if your comment was aimed at me, we do not need a gun.

My wife inherited a gun, safely locked in a security box in the bank.

My only worry is the deteriorating ammunition, so we may have to dispose of that someday.

As it is an heirloom, my wife would like to have the correct paperwork, she has not investigated that yet as we are very busy building our new project, just wondered if any members here have definitive advice.

Your wife can't keep this gun, is against the law and I do know you are also aware. Maybe you can try to explain this to the amphur or the gun shop so that you can figure out how to get the gun permit for the said gun. Is good to keep a gun that come with permit at home for safety. Like my wife, also agree few years ago when I mention that we need to buy a gun to protect our family just in cause.

11 hours ago, Keesters said:

If you and/or your wife think you need a gun to protect yourselves then wherever you're living is the WRONG PLACE for you.

MOVE.

If you are living in Thailand and you have a home, land and a family the first thing you should have is a gun to protect yourself. We got robbed twice and a fish pond theft attempt, I chased the fish nickers off on my wave with my machete  and after the chase went to the headman and told him if they come again I will chop their dick's off, he advised us to get a gun so we did and all legal by the way and when we got the gun the news went out on the village news loud speaker that that crazy farang now has a gun and it is fully legal and if you go and steel his things  he will shoot you dead.

They now form an orderly line outside the gate and wait their turn when sales are made.

On 2017-03-14 at 11:47 AM, sinbin said:

Your wife goes to the Amphur and fills a form out. She then takes it to the police station who will take here thumb print and send it away to confirm she isn't a known ex criminal. That takes a few weeks. You then collect your permit and go buy the gun.

Thanks, where is it loacated?

There are several gun shops downtown Korat, the only one that I can give directions to is on Hwy 224 just through the Y intersection with Terminal 21

on the L as you head towards downtown. You make a U-turn at the first

intersection.(if you turned R instead of the U, you would be heading up to

the old bus station) As you finish the U-turn and head back to The Mall/Lotus.

the shop is about the 4th. shop, next to an ag store. Big yellow sign on the 

building, showcase in the window. Handguns, rifles and shotguns. S&W and

Glock emblems.

rice555 

I don't know why someone that doesn't like guns comes on a thread about guns and feels that he needs to make off topic statements.

I don't go to topic I don't like and say you have to buy a gun.

May be the simple and easiest way to obtain peace of mind is to buy a gas gun similar to the one below. Just as realistic as the real thing and realistic enough to be a deterrent. I have one similar and was told it was okay for farang to have.. Cost for the one below, 9,300 Baht. Much cheaper than the real Mc Coy.

ปืนสั้นอัดแก๊ส CO2 Umarex Walther CP99 ยิงลูกเบอร์1 Cal 4.5 mm(.177) ขายปืนอัดแก๊สราคาถูก

เขียนโดย BBG on วันพฤหัสบดี /

q827852443415.png

7 hours ago, rice555 said:

There are several gun shops downtown Korat, the only one that I can give directions to is on Hwy 224 just through the Y intersection with Terminal 21

on the L as you head towards downtown. You make a U-turn at the first

intersection.(if you turned R instead of the U, you would be heading up to

the old bus station) As you finish the U-turn and head back to The Mall/Lotus.

the shop is about the 4th. shop, next to an ag store. Big yellow sign on the 

building, showcase in the window. Handguns, rifles and shotguns. S&W and

Glock emblems.

rice555 

I don't know why someone that doesn't like guns comes on a thread about guns and feels that he needs to make off topic statements.

I don't go to topic I don't like and say you have to buy a gun.

Sounds like a guy could get a nice gun there as opposed to my friends junk 9mm,  I don't know the brand but it is a terrible piece. I don't really need or want one but have had many in the past. I don't really trust myself with one as I drink too much on occasion. Would it be legal to shoot trap in a rice patty here? I wonder if they sell clay birds and throwers? I asked to shoot a shotgun at the army range and they said sure, I said can we throw something up in the air to shoot and they said no, why, because the 00 buck shot would go over the berm. No bird shot there. I do miss trap shooting and would be a great day out with the guys. I must say I am concerned about Thais carrying guns as I see how good they are with cars. The loss of face thing comes to mind too. Thanks for the info.

This isa the place, 2013 pic. Cant see all the yellow sign, 5/6 M high.

Another shop is across the road(Hwy 224) from IT Plaza. The foot bridge that crosses from IT to

the the Ya Mo side of the road. if you were going down the the stairs headed to BKK, at the end of

the building turn L and across the ally is a shop, if you went straight, your 50m from K-Bank 

rice555

2013-09-25-4805.jpg

Here's the one across the road from IT Plaza yesterday.

I'm standing on the sidewalk, directly across from the up ramp

for the underground parking at ITP. The second pick is from

the same spot but looking to the R from the shop.

rice555

IMG_20170320_145120440 copy.jpg

IMG_20170320_145155422_HDR copy.jpg

Archived