Jump to content
BANGKOK

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Jonathan Fairfield

"They're no fleas on us" says movie chain after online drama

Recommended Posts

"They're no fleas on us" says movie chain after online drama

Screen Shot 2560-03-14 at 12.23.49 PM.png

 

BANGKOK:-- Major cinemas have said that their movie theaters are clean after online claims from a Thai woman who said she was bitten by fleas while watching a movie last week.

 

The woman - named by the cinema as Naipaporn Phakdeepanitpong - had gone on Facebook to say that she had been to a doctor who said that several pustules that formed on her legs probably came from dirty carpet or seats at Major Ekkamai.

 

The girl posted a ticket showing that she had been to see the movie Logan at that Sukhumvit Road, Bangkok, theater.

 

However, the poster subsequently said that the manager of the theater contacted her and took her to a hospital for a second opinion. She was presented with a basket gift and given a Gold Card for a free movie too. 

 

The customer was very happy with Major's actions.

 

Now the chain has issued a detailed letter outlining the cleaning that happens at their theaters along with a denial of the flea allegations.

 

 

In the letter they state that according to the doctor at the hospital the pustules were not necessarily caused by fleas and might have been from insects or an allergic reaction to a chemical. 

 

That could have happened anywhere - they said that their theaters were very clean and that they took this matter very seriously and customers were their number one priority.

 

Apart from cleaning between every movie showing, they said that at the end of the day the theaters are given "ozone" treatment to kill bacteria. 

 

Then once every three months all seats and carpets are given a good clean.

 

Source: Thairath

 

 
tvn_logo.jpg
-- © Copyright Thai Visa News 2017-04-14

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, trigpoint said:

Damn foreigners infesting cinemas now.

The big boss from Major is the same american who owns sizzlers, swensson, pizza company, and a load of hotels.

 

Once we went to a hotel in kanchanaburi, owned by an old aussie lady who had a nice golden retriever called "countryboy".

We liked to play with that dog but the next day it suddenly got washed against fleas.

 

On our way home all of us were scratching nonstop, we all head fleas.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
33 minutes ago, Jonathan Fairfield said:

Apart from cleaning between every movie showing, they said that at the end of the day the theaters are given "ozone" treatment to kill bacteria. 

Fleas aren't bacteria and neither will cleaning get rid of them once they are present.

 

Theatre needs fumigating [or whatever the term is for getting rid of fleas]

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
34 minutes ago, Jonathan Fairfield said:

In the letter they state that according to the doctor at the hospital the pustules were not necessarily caused by fleas and might have been from insects or an allergic reaction to a chemical. 

Must be nice to have a tame doctor.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The cinema chain is correct. Those are not bite marks of fleas. They are the bite marks of bedbugs.

bitesonleg.jpg

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, trogers said:

The cinema chain is correct. Those are not bite marks of fleas. They are the bite marks of bedbugs.

bitesonleg.jpg

That's what i thought.

 

But isn't it possible to watch the bites under a microscope and determine what they are?? Doctors don't have any equipment to see what it is?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, fruitman said:
1 hour ago, trigpoint said:

Damn foreigners infesting cinemas now.

The big boss from Major is the same american who owns sizzlers, swensson, pizza company, and a load of hotels.

Incorrect. The Major Cineplex Group is 100% owned and operated by the Poolvaraluk family and there is no involvement whatsoever from Minor Group, which operates the restaurant chains you mentioned. Just wanted to set the record straight. You probably confused Minor with Major.

 

And I concur with trogers that these really look like bite marks of bed bugs. "Ozoning" auditoriums does not kill insects, but regularly fumigating them does. Modern seat upholstery is nowadays usually impregnated to prevent insect infestation, but that treatment may lose its effectiveness after a certain number of years.

 

I still remember with horror a visit to the old Washington Square Theater back in the late 80s when the most expensive ticket prices were 40 Baht. As soon as the lights had dimmed the place cockroaches started emerging from all nooks and crannies, including from inside the cracked faux-leather seats. They crawled all over me and got in my shirt, my hair. I left in panic and never went back to that cinema again.   

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, fruitman said:

The big boss from Major is the same american who owns sizzlers, swensson, pizza company, and a load of hotels.

 

Once we went to a hotel in kanchanaburi, owned by an old aussie lady who had a nice golden retriever called "countryboy".

We liked to play with that dog but the next day it suddenly got washed against fleas.

 

On our way home all of us were scratching nonstop, we all head fleas.

Dog/cat fleas do not stay on humans. They target them when nothing else is available. This causes bite marks and itching. It is very unlikely you will walk around with these fleas.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Great movie Logan. Next time take a pair of socks with you. I always travel with a bottle of insect repellent on me. Bed bugs crawling around in the carpet. Now that's why I have floor tiles in every room of my house.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, Wilsonandson said:

Great movie Logan. Next time take a pair of socks with you. I always travel with a bottle of insect repellent on me. Bed bugs crawling around in the carpet. Now that's why I have floor tiles in every room of my house.

Roll out those carpets in winter...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Arjen said:

Dog/cat fleas do not stay on humans. They target them when nothing else is available. This causes bite marks and itching. It is very unlikely you will walk around with these fleas.

Moral of the story: Take your dog or cat to the movie with you. Sorry couldn't help my self.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I remember a few years ago, there was bed bugs reported on Thai railway sleeper trains. The minister for railways said it was down to dirty foreigners!

Sent from my SM-G920F using Thaivisa Connect mobile app

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, roo860 said:

I remember a few years ago, there was bed bugs reported on Thai railway sleeper trains. The minister for railways said it was down to dirty foreigners!

Sent from my SM-G920F using Thaivisa Connect mobile app
 

How dare he, what would make him say such a thing?

ff77432bbb85eb9502a38ecef38f1943.jpg

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
20 hours ago, Misterwhisper said:

Incorrect. The Major Cineplex Group is 100% owned and operated by the Poolvaraluk family and there is no involvement whatsoever from Minor Group, which operates the restaurant chains you mentioned. Just wanted to set the record straight. You probably confused Minor with Major.

 

And I concur with trogers that these really look like bite marks of bed bugs. "Ozoning" auditoriums does not kill insects, but regularly fumigating them does. Modern seat upholstery is nowadays usually impregnated to prevent insect infestation, but that treatment may lose its effectiveness after a certain number of years.

 

I still remember with horror a visit to the old Washington Square Theater back in the late 80s when the most expensive ticket prices were 40 Baht. As soon as the lights had dimmed the place cockroaches started emerging from all nooks and crannies, including from inside the cracked faux-leather seats. They crawled all over me and got in my shirt, my hair. I left in panic and never went back to that cinema again.   

That sounds like a horror movie within a horror movie. I mean you were there to watch a horror movie and you were also the actor in the movie with cockroaches crawling all over you.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...