BANGKOK

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

redwinecheese

Union pay versus Visa debit cards

Please read the above posts, call Bangkok bank or visit the nearest branch, it is over buddy, the Chinese are taking over Bangkok bank.:smile:

My request for a visa debit card was accepted last Friday. Before going to the bank I checked what I wanted from their website. Yes they did try to push the Union card on me but I smiled and shook my head and requested the visa version as per their website. If they refused i would have gone elsewhere.

On 3/14/2017 at 8:44 PM, Anthony Loh said:

Look like China now have joined with Bangkok bank! Is time to change a new bank.

Sent from my iPad using Thaivisa Connect

You bet unless you want to keep thinking all the time and asking your self. .... I wonder if this merchant except Union pay? 

I did bank shopping today starting by Kasikorn bank the customer service lady demanded that I must purchase 9000 baht insurance policy only for first year in order to open an account but I refused, then I went to Siam bank but they want all my previous international transfer funds from Bangkok bank.  I smiled and thank the lady, after that I stopped by TMB bank which BTW the manager was a man who told the customer service lady no problem.   My account was open no questions asked, this is what I call hassle free banking, next week I will be having my new Visa debt card.
hallelujah

I did bank shopping today starting by Kasikorn bank the customer service lady demanded that I must purchase 9000 baht insurance policy only for first year in order to open an account but I refused, then I went to Siam bank but they want all my previous international transfer funds from Bangkok bank.  I smiled and thank the lady, after that I stopped by TMB bank which BTW the manager was a man who told the customer service lady no problem.   My account was open no questions asked, this is what I call hassle free banking, next week I will be having my new Visa debt card.
hallelujah

Is easy because TMB is a army bank and that it go......

Well the army controls the country so, I really feel my money is in good hands.

Hahaha! Maybe you are right but who knows what can be next? Cheers

This post is useful to highlight the push by Bangkok Bank to issue Union Pay but as previously posted I received the Visa debit card which I registered with "Verified by Visa" and have successfully purchased flights online.

On 14/03/2017 at 1:23 PM, lopburi3 said:

Almost no merchants accept UnionPay in experiences reported here - it works fine for ATM's for money withdrawal and have been able to use at Bangkok Hospital.  I also like the PIN plus signature feature but most places as just not set up for this and not about to change until/if they have to change.  Even the delivery firms such at Lotus which has hand scanners with them and would be easy do not list UnionPay as an option.  So it is just about useless for anything but ATM access at this time.:saai:

It's rubbish and what stupidity. They are taking it on exchange rates and can't offer VISA LOL..Another plot by the government to stop overseas purchase. It's for the bin

On 14/03/2017 at 8:06 PM, redwinecheese said:

Please read the above posts, call Bangkok bank or visit the nearest branch, it is over buddy, the Chinese are taking over Bangkok bank.:smile:

Yes

Just now, Media1 said:

Yes

I will use CITIBANK VISA great exchange who need a Thai robbery anyway.  Only for ATM