Chiang Mai man takes spade to his own car in Ford protest

webfact

1 hour ago, zaphod reborn said:

This is a known defect with Ford's PowerShift Dual Clutch transmission, basically a software controlled automatic gear shifting component installed by Ford in several models from 2011-2014.  It was subjected to major recall campaigns and several class action lawsuits in the U.S.  There are both mechanical adjustment issues and software update requirements that lead to frequent need for servicing the vehicles.

Thailand amended its Civil Procedure Code effective December 2015 to allow class action lawsuits.  Class actions have been threatened against Ford (for this defect) and also True (because of withdrawing HBO channels).  None have been filed.  Why?  Because Thai lawyers are very lazy, and it is too much work for them.  Also, their lack of creative thinking, from years of lazy brain syndrome, prevents them from taking action on anything that is "outside the box" and doesn't fall within the rote memorization of legal codes that led them to their illustrious law degrees.

I can understand this poor Ford owner's frustration.

My partner and I both own Ford Fiestas. One manufactured in 2011 the other 2014. Both have had the transmission issues mentioned and been replaced 3 times in each case under extended warranty . 

The Ford people here in CM have told us confidentially that Ford have still not got this issue sorted and we can look forward to continuing problems with the transmission systems. Aren't we lucky! 

I do wish we could start a class action but I doubt our lawyer would be interested. We should ask him though. 

10 minutes ago, aslimversgwm said:

My partner and I both own Ford Fiestas. One manufactured in 2011 the other 2014. Both have had the transmission issues mentioned and been replaced 3 times in each case under extended warranty . 

The Ford people here in CM have told us confidentially that Ford have still not got this issue sorted and we can look forward to continuing problems with the transmission systems. Aren't we lucky! 

I do wish we could start a class action but I doubt our lawyer would be interested. We should ask him though. 

Anyone in CM with Ford transmission systems issues like to join me in a class action or know a lawyer willing to take the case?

Bloody  good  show mate, about time someone did this to the govt as  well, Im all for action like this with any company:thumbsup:

Ford  looking in? Im after a new  pick up................removed FORD from that list now

I have a Ford Fiesta (2011), Toyota Fortuner (Bought both new) and Mitsu Trtion 4wd (my favorite). We haven't had any issues with the ford which is the wife's daily driver. However don't get me started on the Fortuner. Having said that from all of the reports about the Focus and Fiesta I would not buy another Ford. 

6 hours ago, Thaiwrath said:

Ford Thailand's reply..................................Mai bpen rai !

The car dealers here are the same no matter what car you buy.They knowingly sell cars with shoddy workmanship and will not stand behind their products when something goes wrong.In a survey a few years age Mercedes Benz was found to be the company with the most complaints about their products. In LOS this is the norm for almost all businesses. 

3 minutes ago, sanukjim said:

The car dealers here are the same no matter what car you buy.They knowingly sell cars with shoddy workmanship and will not stand behind their products when something goes wrong.In a survey a few years age Mercedes Benz was found to be the company with the most complaints about their products. In LOS this is the norm for almost all businesses. 

Hmmm, my near 10 year old Vigo 4x4 auto trans l can confirm there is no "shoddy" workmanship, it has done exactly what it was designed to do with no problems.......No rattles, knocks, vibrations, nothing....

Sorry, I did have to buy a radiator cos the expansion tank outlet broke off, but l reckon it was down to someone putting pressure on it at service as there was a long time fracture visible to me...

1 hour ago, o2eZy said:

here is an off topic but has the same meaning...

The bizarre thing is that by replacing 2 new MBs and 2 new HDDs means it's almost a different PC.

Seems obvious they are not the issue...

I bought a new FORD Transit van in Canada. It is biult in Kansas USA, and they put in

European standard seats that are functional, but not versitile, like the seats are,  in the cars and pickups.

It is a total shame, when this vehicle costs more than $ 50,000 Canadian dollars to buy.

Geezer

7 hours ago, stevenl said:

No. That article claims the focus was the best selling car worldwide, a disputed claim.

sent using Tapatalk

The buyers were to busy checking out the girls, too check out the car!

wacky wednesday's top story.... 55555!

9 hours ago, stevenl said:

Lol, trying to deflect.
Mazda does not have the issues mentioned in the OP, better stick to Ford in this thread.

sent using Tapatalk

He is not deflecting, he is just stating a fact - Ford are made at the AAT plant in Rayong, alongside the Mazda

Why is this defamation of Ford acceptable but not naming and shaming of the car park where the barriers failed and the ladies crashed and fell, the hospitals which don't treat patients properly and the schools/teachers where kids are tied up and blindfolded?

On ‎15‎/‎03‎/‎2017 at 4:39 AM, KhonKaenKowboy said:

Why do parents buy their kids Ford Matchbox cars.....so they will get used to pushing it.  FORD:  Fix Or Repair Daily......Found On Road, Dead.

There's one more;  Found on rubbish dump.:wai:

On 15/03/2017 at 10:47 AM, WinnieTheKhwai said:

The ones with mostly Mazda parts and designs are okay.  Which fortunately includes the pick up trucks.

Yes, I have a 2013 Ranger XLT which I've had from new and the only problem I had with it was a split turbo hose. It didn't stop the motor and I just drove to the dealers down the road and it was quickly replaced. 

I'm looking to buy a new motor and it will be a Ford again, Either Wildtrac or Everest, and it will be the 13th Ford I've owned in 38 years.

Archived