Thug in security guard attack goes to police - says sorry for going over the top

webfact

• Replies 138
  • Created
  • Last Reply

They should be put down, there is no room in society for such people. Eliminate their families too, and this just might help stop something similar from happening again or at least reduce the frequency of it happening

1 hour ago, bkkrooftop said:

i love thailand and have for the last 6 years.   i think i will leave for a bit.  i have respect in my area but what happens if i go out of it?

In terms of where I live it means that you are off your turf and you are in danger,especially if you are travelling alone.

I have been receiving a crash course in survival from the local mini-mart owners with whom I have a reasonably good relationship because I often stop and talk to their son who has a diagnosis of schizophrenia.

This is how you carry your bag.This is where you can go.This area is no good...etc.They have become more emphatic in their advice over the last 6 months as the area sinks into poverty and xenophobia and the "safe" territory has suitably diminished to the size of a pocket handkerchief.

The chief operating personality defense mechanisms around here are:Denial (it wasn't me)Projection (it was you) and Displacement (I have to stomp somebody) which is what you usually get in repressed societies heavily reliant on drugs and alcohol to make it thru the day.

11 hours ago, Destiny1990 said:

His face should be so embarrassed and Ashamed with him self instead he sits there smiling.Wonder why the cops do not explain and remind him what a disgusting bad and coward person he is?

He is most likely fully aware that what he did is wrong. But instead of jumping to conclusions and getting our knickers in a twist we should just calm down. We don't know why he's smiling; the mob are assuming it's because he's unrepentant and offering a "<deleted> You" to the world, but that may not be the case. And as for those who in their righteous indignation have called for him to be killed in various ways, including burning him to death, and generalizing about Thai men or Thai society at large, settle the heck down!

2 hours ago, 54321 said:

They should be put down, there is no room in society for such people. Eliminate their families too, and this just might help stop something similar from happening again or at least reduce the frequency of it happening

"Eliminate their families too,"  This is precisely the type of knee jerk garbage comments I was referring to earlier. Thanks for the comment Donald.  :mad:

19 hours ago, djayz said:

That's a bit over the top don't you think Italian guy? 

What he did was violent and he deserves to be punished for it, but he definitely doesn't deserve the death penalty. 

Or are you in favour of killing everybody? Or just all Thais in general? 

15 years hard labour for attempted murder, He might learn to behave after that.

23 hours ago, djayz said:

What he did was violent and he deserves to be punished for it, but he definitely doesn't deserve the death penalty. 

Don't worry, they will get away with a reprimand, a couple of thousand Baht fine and a pat on the shoulder. They will probably even brag about their bravery. Next time they would do it again. Meantime a poor guard who was just doing his job is ruined for life and could have passed away...

20 hours ago, gdgbb said:

What you you are saying is, although you cannot in any way see his expression it looks as though he has a smile on his face.   Brilliant.

If you look at the pictures from the TV coverage as in ID 28, you will see that his contention that the perp had a smile on his face was absolutely correct.

17 hours ago, Essaybloke said:

Most of the comments above remind me of the baying of the mob. Yes these guys should be punished for their clear-cut GBH, maybe even attempted murder. But at the end of the day, we live in a civilized society (even Thailand) and the rule of law based on ethics and decisions based on reason, not emotion.

You are right of course, but I wonder if you would feel the same just now had the security guard been a member of your own family?

2 hours ago, Retiredandhappyhere said:

If you look at the pictures from the TV coverage as in ID 28, you will see that his contention that the perp had a smile on his face was absolutely correct.

No, he wasn't correct.  Those subsequent pictures were different pictures, they were not the unpixelated version of the first photo!

7 hours ago, Essaybloke said:

"Eliminate their families too,"  This is precisely the type of knee jerk garbage comments I was referring to earlier. Thanks for the comment Donald.  :mad:

Knee jerk garbage comments?

Its not knee jerk, nor is it garbage.

If you behave in such a way it is not normal, there is something wrong and its likely been passed down by your parents, and it is likely you will pass down your barbarism down to your children. Should a civilised society let it continue? I don't think so. 

What is your solution? 

5 hours ago, Retiredandhappyhere said:

You are right of course, but I wonder if you would feel the same just now had the security guard been a member of your own family?

3 hours ago, 54321 said:

Knee jerk garbage comments?

Its not knee jerk, nor is it garbage.

If you behave in such a way it is not normal, there is something wrong and its likely been passed down by your parents, and it is likely you will pass down your barbarism down to your children. Should a civilised society let it continue? I don't think so. 

What is your solution? 

"...there is something wrong and its likely been passed down by your parents" ... for a start, how do know most likely? How do you know that? Because the rest of objectionable suggestion is based on that premise.

So the moron who stomped on the guy's head.... Maybe he has a sister. Maybe she has a 6 month old daughter. Are you the one who would cut her throat? What about the guy's grandma? His little brother? His 30 year old cousin who's a bus driver- a normal kinda guy. But for you it's eliminate the family. How ironic you should entertain thoughts like this in defense of a 'civilized society'!

On 15/03/2017 at 11:29 AM, djayz said:

No,just gutless scum,Thai or otherwise.What  spineless turds he and his 2 mates are.

9 hours ago, Essaybloke said:

"...there is something wrong and its likely been passed down by your parents" ... for a start, how do know most likely? How do you know that? Because the rest of objectionable suggestion is based on that premise.

So the moron who stomped on the guy's head.... Maybe he has a sister. Maybe she has a 6 month old daughter. Are you the one who would cut her throat? What about the guy's grandma? His little brother? His 30 year old cousin who's a bus driver- a normal kinda guy. But for you it's eliminate the family. How ironic you should entertain thoughts like this in defense of a 'civilized society'!

You make some fair points, and I recognise that.

I also believe that some people are so barbaric they are beyond control and do not deserve the air they breathe. Perhaps eliminating the family is harsh and perhaps not necessary, but it is a way to eliminate the bloodline, but not fair to them if the lunatics are just bad eggs.

In the UK for example a rapist, child abuser/killer will be place in prison and c £50,000 spent a year on housing them, this is at the same time pensioners live on 20% of that amount and live on low quality diets in cold homes that sometimes kill them. Society has to decide if taxes should help the poor and needy or barbaric thugs. I know where I would prefer my taxes to be spent

Kicking someone in the head is bad enough especially when they are already unconscious and 100% defenceless but STAMPING on the head and face is attempted murder, surely even the idiotic LOS excuse for a justice system can see that also...??

This POS should be made to pay all medical bills, then given the option of being banged up for 12mths or having his head kicked in and face stamped on as many times as was recorded on the CCTV of him administering to the security guy - and the Guy gets to do it when he is fit and well with a set of size 9 steel top caps!

Looking by the smiles on his boat he has already done the sorting of envelopes and knows a small official baht fine and public apology to victim is end of story 

On 3/18/2017 at 0:37 AM, Lokie said:

Kicking someone in the head is bad enough especially when they are already unconscious and 100% defenceless but STAMPING on the head and face is attempted murder, surely even the idiotic LOS excuse for a justice system can see that also...??

This POS should be made to pay all medical bills, then given the option of being banged up for 12mths or having his head kicked in and face stamped on as many times as was recorded on the CCTV of him administering to the security guy - and the Guy gets to do it when he is fit and well with a set of size 9 steel top caps!

Looking by the smiles on his boat he has already done the sorting of envelopes and knows a small official baht fine and public apology to victim is end of story 

I think they'd find it hard to make 'attempted murder' charges stick. Would the court have to prove 'intent'? I wonder what the sentencing precedents are for GBH?

Archived