Man shoots his father in law dead in argument over Golden Retriever

webfact

On 3/15/2017 at 3:53 PM, fruitman said:

Why would anybody want to kill a golden retriever??? They are fantastic friendly dogs which listen well (if trained).

Guess the old man was too old to drive a car but wouldn't let anybody tell him so.

Also on the roads in BKK the old people are just too old to drive in traffic like that. Very dangerous.

Did you read the same article that I did?  It does not appear certain that the old man killed the dog as he said that he brought it in, presumably from the road, to take care of it.

Also, old people are just too old?  How old is old in your humble opinion?  I might suggest that there are many 70 to 90 year-olds who have learned to drive properly in the West, who can drive far more safely than many Thais, who, if they passed a test at all, were able to do so in a few minutes behind the wheel in the equivalent of a Tesco car park at no more than 10 kph before being let loose in traffic at 80 kph to 120 kph.  The road death toll of about 26000 per annum in Thailand compared to about 1700 in (for example) the UK does tell a potent story, but old age has very little to do with it.

51 minutes ago, Retiredandhappyhere said:

Did you read the same article that I did?  It does not appear certain that the old man killed the dog as he said that he brought it in, presumably from the road, to take care of it.

Also, old people are just too old?  How old is old in your humble opinion?  I might suggest that there are many 70 to 90 year-olds who have learned to drive properly in the West, who can drive far more safely than many Thais, who, if they passed a test at all, were able to do so in a few minutes behind the wheel in the equivalent of a Tesco car park at no more than 10 kph before being let loose in traffic at 80 kph to 120 kph.  The road death toll of about 26000 per annum in Thailand compared to about 1700 in (for example) the UK does tell a potent story, but old age has very little to do with it.

Drivers older than 65 should yearly  have their eyes tested, show their medicineusage to a doctor, do a reactiontests and so on....Many of them will never admit they are simply too old to drive and cause huge accidents, also in the West.

It seems that the gun situation is getting worse in Thailand.

Gun crimes for all reasons, and I could have bought a gun and bullets

very cheap in both Bangkok, and Hua Hin. I wonder when the government will get

tougher on crimes committed by guns.

Geezer

10 minutes ago, Stargrazer9889 said:

It seems that the gun situation is getting worse in Thailand.

Gun crimes for all reasons, and I could have bought a gun and bullets

very cheap in both Bangkok, and Hua Hin. I wonder when the government will get

tougher on crimes committed by guns.

Geezer

Only when the trough is at risk! The swill is what matters and deserves protection!

Archived