Thaivisa becomes part of the Nation Media Group

webfact

• Replies 121
  • Created
  • Last Reply

huh? wasn't it already associated with the Nation?

The first initiative will be an integration of Thailand’s news and content from The Nation on the web pages of Thaivisa.com – a move which will serve both readers wanting more Thai content and marketers wanting to reach this group of customers.

errr.... a clear separation of advertising/marketing/PR from news is in order.

2 hours ago, Docno said:

Wonder if this will impact what news sources are aggregated here and what sources forum members are allowed to link to...

It probably means half of TV members will end up in prison for criticising the junta,maybe time to open a new  platform for expats

1 hour ago, TheFishman1 said:

Maybe there will be

more advertising TIT

I think your right. A lot of site are apologetic and give you the disclaimer that they are sorry for the advertising but it is needed to fund the information provided. 

4 minutes ago, Oooooh said:

Not a good sign...corporate control and the censorship that goes with it. Not what expat blogs need.

Is this merger promoted by the govt?

Yeah - thinking now more than ever, it is time to be VERY aware of what is said here. 

3 hours ago, 473geo said:

Square peg round hole me thinks.....but could be wrong.

In the main the good informative side of Tvisa should remain, and do we really need the 'rants', I feel discussion maybe more 'contained'

Would prefer the news to be more Thailand based too fed up seeing Trump/Brexit threads running amok 

You should be so lucky Brexit which severs our UK free trade access to 500 million consumers is bad news here and there. The pound keeps sinking, UK will get pricey because of higher prices, wages and pensions shrink in purchasing power. Services and tax revenues will decline. Get real for Brits it's down hill for next 5 to 10 years. Less tourists too probably. P.S. Always look on the bright side of life

1 hour ago, elgordo38 said:

I think your right. A lot of site are apologetic and give you the disclaimer that they are sorry for the advertising but it is needed to fund the information provided. 

This site is already like that, i had to disable my ABP to use TV,

otherwise a bloody great banner was stuck across the screen, telling me to disable my ad blocker!

Gee whiz...

Does this mean The Nation gets to see everyone's email, account info and IP address here on TV?

Where will the servers be located now? :shock1:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Nation_(Thailand)#Editorial_line

Although you might feel important with breaking news posts from Hua Hin seafront or News Flashes from the swamps of Bang Kair or eye witness accounts from Walking Street. Your actually of no interest at all to Central Intelligence Agencies.

Unless you have uncovered a government scandal, have evidence to cause damage to the government or have access to extreme wealth, then I'm sorry to say that no one wants to track you down.

We are just the worker ants, the little people, the small fish....

Over and out : Jack Bauer
Wilson : aka Rhymes with Banker

14 minutes ago, Wilsonandson said:

Although you might feel important with breaking news posts from Hua Hin seafront or News Flashes from the swamps of Bang Kair or eye witness accounts from Walking Street. Your actually of no interest at all to Central Intelligence Agencies.

Unless you have uncovered a government scandal, have evidence to cause damage to the government or have access to extreme wealth, then I'm sorry to say that no one wants to track you down.

Unless you click a "Like" on the wrong Facebook page. Or publish any satire or parody of a particular leader.  Or try to engage in a public protest over anything that isn't allowed to be protested about, etc etc etc.  In those cases, you're apt to find a police squad knocking on your door early some morning.

Archived