Parents beware! Child snatch gangs on the loose in Northern Thailand

webfact

Parents beware! Child snatch gangs on the loose in Northern Thailand

4pm.jpg

Picture: Daily News

PAI: -- Police and community leaders have warned parents in a sub-district of Pai not to leave their children home alone.

Even letting little ones play alone while parents are out back of the house could have dire consequences after two incidents in Mae Hee sub-district, Daily News reported.

Both incidents occurred within hours of each other on February 25th.

In the first a woman was out back of her house while her seven year old daughter Jupjaeng played near the road in the front.

Supharat Khamuang said that a car came and a man got out and ran up to her child who ran to the back of the house. The man did not see Supharat and tried to grab the child before the mother made her presence known wielding a stick.

Shocked by her sudden appearance the man said "I am here to sell yoghurt" then ran off. Supharat pursued him and saw him get into a four door Toyota Vigo with a "carryboy" on the back. It had no plates. There was a another man driving and the engine was running.

In the back seat was a woman.

The man who had run out was just taller than 150 cms with "isaan" appearance speaking central Thai, she said.

Reporters went to another house in Mae Hee sub-district just 3 kilometers away where they spoke to a Karen tribeswoman who had a similar experience just one hour after the other mother on the same day.

In this incident a middle aged woman got out of a white van and offered sweets to Khamma Korpoh's 2 year old grandson as he was sitting in the front of their house by the road.

Khamma saw this and rushed to his side. The woman was surprised by her sudden appearance and fled the scene. The van had black film on the windows and the mother did not get the plate number.

Mae Hee headman Prayun Pimpa said that it was a worrying situation and that children should not be left alone. The gang may be posing as traders, he said.

Woraphon Phonmanee the station chief at Pai is investigating and he said he was very concerned by the reports. He said this has never happened in his district to his knowledge and the police are working with community leaders and other authorities to warn the public about the potential for danger to their children.

"Children should not be left alone," he warned.

Source: Daily News

tvn_logo.jpg
-- © Copyright Thai Visa News 2017-03-16

• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I repeat what I've posted several time before, this happens every day in Thailand (over 600 cases in 2016), and of course in many countries.

Happened in the outer part of my Thai family some 20 years ago, little girl (only child) about 3 or 4 years old, taken in a supermarket, never found, parents are still zombies, never had more kids, frightened it might happen again.

Can't be too careful on this.

23 minutes ago, scorecard said:

I repeat what I've posted several time before, this happens every day in Thailand (over 600 cases in 2016), and of course in many countries.

Happened in the outer part of my Thai family some 20 years ago, little girl (only child) about 3 or 4 years old, taken in a supermarket, never found, parents are still zombies, never had more kids, frightened it might happen again.

I had a 10 year old cousin who was snatched playing in the street in Manchester, England, back in the late 1950s. He just disappeared and never seen or heard of again. It was said that young children were saver playing on the streets in London during the blitz when people were real communities and watched out for each other then they are today.

Thousands of children and young people go missing every year worldwide.  It means that parents have to be vigilant with their children, can`t afford to let down their guard even for a second.  It`s just a sad sign of the times we live in.

1 minute ago, ChakaKhan said:

TRUST ME.......Im Thai.........:wai:

How much for a yogurt?????

Maybe the MIRROR could do a write up.....

Stupid comment to a serious heartbreaking subject.

Happens in all countries, perpetrators are from all walks of life and backgrounds, wherever.

4 minutes ago, scorecard said:

Stupid comment to a serious heartbreaking subject.

Happens in all countries, perpetrators are from all walks of life and backgrounds, wherever.

1000 pardons for offending you..please make note of my screen name to avoid such further disappointments..also my apologies to the upstanding thai parents

that ive seen to be so vigilant in protecting thier kids  with a safe enviroment.

Live here long enough and see that any advice or actions i take will be looked

upon by slackjawed locals...so i add humor to my cynical and jaded views that the thais seem to encourage with the daily preventable non sense i witness here

Lastly i was commenting on the THAI article not on other news around the world

6 minutes ago, ChakaKhan said:

1000 pardons for offending you..please make note of my screen name to avoid such further disappointments..also my apologies to the upstanding thai parents

that ive seen to be so vigilant in protecting thier kids  with a safe enviroment.

upon by slackjawed locals...so i add humor to my cynical and jaded views that the thais seem to encourage with the daily preventable non sense i witness here

I think many TV readers would not mind at all if you take you cynical and jaded views elsewhere.

11 minutes ago, ChakaKhan said:

It's a shame that you feel so little for the children of this world that you have to make a joke at their expense. For those of us who have children and even those that simply care about children and children's welfare, I'd suggest that you save your (less than) witty comments for something a lot less serious than child abduction.

9 minutes ago, Falcon said:

It's a shame that you feel so little for the children of this world that you have to make a joke at their expense. For those of us who have children and even those that simply care about children and children's welfare, I'd suggest that you save your (less than) witty comments for something a lot less serious than child abduction.

I would say the same goes for the lazy parents that dont protect them...

I was quoting the sleazy gangs..go out and find them and get off your pc

23 minutes ago, ChakaKhan said:

I would say the same goes for the lazy parents that dont protect them...

I was quoting the sleazy gangs..go out and find them and get off your pc

So anytime a child gets kidnapped, it's because of lazy parents?  Are you some kind of stupid?

Child abduction is rampant all over the world; the reasons why are too disgusting to mention. I guess if there wasn't a market for sex with kids the industry of child kidnapping wouldn't exist (?); therefore we should castrate and hang the perverts that thrive on destroying and stealing the lives of children. I have a samurai sword that someone can borrow if need be.

This is a serious problem nearly everywhere in the world, they are supplying a market! for some reason it gets very little publicity, when some of the people involved are "high" level government officials it appears to be silenced.

There are many stories out there that ex UK Prime ministers and the like used to take children on their yachts, Jimmy Saville supplying kids to ??? as long as their is a demand by some very sick people! yet so little publicity!!!

31 minutes ago, TerrylSky said:

Child abduction is rampant all over the world; the reasons why are too disgusting to mention. I guess if there wasn't a market for sex with kids the industry of child kidnapping wouldn't exist (?); therefore we should castrate and hang the perverts that thrive on destroying and stealing the lives of children. I have a samurai sword that someone can borrow if need be.

....preferably blunt and rusty.......

3 hours ago, scorecard said:

12 years ago my daughter was born in the Surin hospital and the nurses told my wife to not lock the door that the doctors were coming round and someone came in posing as a Doc and lifted my daughter to leave with her only my wife  who had just had a C section and came out of the toilet in her room  was able to raise the alarm an he set her down an ran off the scum bag.

1 hour ago, TerrylSky said:

It is not just the sex industry either, unfortunately there is a large Chinese black market, for organs of young children.

the dark side raised its ugly face again.... stealing children, forcing them into child prostitution...or selling them to couples who are not able to have children of their own...maybe a spareparts scenario also could be possible...a rich and powerful son or daughter needs a kidney or a heart transplant but no donor at this age so they snatch one of the poor....life on this planet is an endless stream of sorrow and misery for many ...my deepest compassion to the affected parents and to the child of course, heavy penaltys to people who do or order this or profit from it in any way....

or they chop off a limb for begging in the streets. Sad. In 2005 up in Chiang Rai it happened. Came over loud speakers, so I asked my wife and she told me. These people are professional gangs, hard to protect against. Imagine if it was your child? Kids can be very quick at times or something may happen. I felt sick reading a few posts back by a flipin idiot trying to make light of this subject.

Archived