"Many foreign victims expected" as two beefy extortionists arrested in Chiang Mai set-up

webfact

• Replies 135
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Saw this photo on the arrest of Paul Gibson at Makro in a Thai media update.  Presumably other westener (in photo with lanyard) is Tourist Police Liaison not "Leonard"?

Cannot understand why BIB release photos with and without eyes blackedout....often in same article

%E0%B8%A1%E0%B8%B2%E0%B9%80%E0%B8%9F%E0%B8%B5%E0%B8%A2%E0%B8%9D%E0%B8%A3%E0%B8%B1%E0%B9%88%E0%B8%87-3.jpg

On 3/19/2017 at 10:28 AM, keep it real said:

there ain't much difference ,if any, in this case.

extortion: "the practice of obtaining something, especially money, through force or threats."

Based on that simple definition, a bank sending a letter to someone threatening to foreclose on their home unless they paid their mortgage, could also be classified as extortion...correct?

1 hour ago, Berkshire said:

Based on that simple definition, a bank sending a letter to someone threatening to foreclose on their home unless they paid their mortgage, could also be classified as extortion...correct?

nope, you are 100% wrong, forclosure  in the case you site would be obtained by "color of right" and more strictly enforced by contractual terms in any mortgage agreement. ask you lawyer to clarify and dont get yourself arrested; ignorance is no defence to the law.

Have a nice day.

5 minutes ago, keep it real said:

nope, you are 100% wrong, forclosure  in the case you site would be obtained by "color of right" and more strictly enforced by contractual terms in any mortgage agreement. ask you lawyer to clarify and dont get yourself arrested; ignorance is no defence to the law.

Have a nice day.

Of course you completely missed the point, but nevermind.  Have a nice day!

9 hours ago, worgeordie said:

How did you know? Hm thats as much as i can do.

regards worgeordie

Commendable effort Bonny Lad even if I say so myself

I find we are never at our best when we are under the weather

And by the looks of things it would appear that you have been suffering from a touch of green monkey disease these last few days

This will be my last contribution to this particular thread, as I am fast running out of Ideas, even with the leg up I am getting from you

So it only remains for me to send you my best wishes for a speedy and full recovery

It might appear that I am now being sarcastic, let me assure you I am not, but the wishes only apply to your current lack of Hmmmm ability  5555555

And what is exactly wrong with Sunderland, apart from they are at the wrong end of the Premier League

Unsecured loans are risky, that's why they have high interest rates.  At best case these clowns were working illegally, doing something they would have never been granted a WP for.  Likelihood in violation of laws in Oz, too.  Worst case is they committed extortion that could possibly border on kidnapping.  In between is that they are all scum and were in shady businesses, possibly stealing from others, with a dispute over splitting the proceeds of theft.   They will be lucky to pay for bail and be allowed to self deport.

2 hours ago, oldlakey said:

Commendable effort Bonny Lad even if I say so myself

I find we are never at our best when we are under the weather

And by the looks of things it would appear that you have been suffering from a touch of green monkey disease these last few days

This will be my last contribution to this particular thread, as I am fast running out of Ideas, even with the leg up I am getting from you

So it only remains for me to send you my best wishes for a speedy and full recovery

It might appear that I am now being sarcastic, let me assure you I am not, but the wishes only apply to your current lack of Hmmmm ability  5555555

And what is exactly wrong with Sunderland, apart from they are at the wrong end of the Premier League

Bi 

regards Worgeordie

This is a scam, its not just these two fat sacks, its a whole gang, they work on this for months enticing the newly arrived falangs to invest in a bar restaurant, let it all run nice for a few months then the partner /front man does a runner and goes into hiding while the unsuspecting investor is leant on for the debt, the Aussie is a stand over man.

What will be interesting is would you do a 10 year vacation in the Thai prison system or finger the others in the gang.

They would have done this many times before so you know, they will get what they deserve.

I hope others who have been duped come out now and go to the police, these scum are the bad part of Thailand, time to drain the swamp.

6 hours ago, bobsyouruncle88 said:

This is a scam, its not just these two fat sacks, its a whole gang, they work on this for months enticing the newly arrived falangs to invest in a bar restaurant, let it all run nice for a few months then the partner /front man does a runner and goes into hiding while the unsuspecting investor is leant on for the debt, the Aussie is a stand over man.

What will be interesting is would you do a 10 year vacation in the Thai prison system or finger the others in the gang.

They would have done this many times before so you know, they will get what they deserve.

I hope others who have been duped come out now and go to the police, these scum are the bad part of Thailand, time to drain the swamp.

Yes, I think there are a few variations of that scam.  Met a newbie about five years ago from Oz...he was walking a beat for the Tourist PoPo, but he was an "owner" of a guest house around Moon Mueang.  He seemed to have a false sense of security and reality, boasting about their clientele and room rates that were quite high for this market.  At best, it was six and out...but it did seem this was  a lot different than just another idiot opening a bar in a bad location..it was more like there had been some brainwashing done by the leaders of the investment group, and he simply believed everything they told him without asking the obvious question of what about the 500 other places that deliver the same product for less than half the price.

Archived