"Many foreign victims expected" as two beefy extortionists arrested in Chiang Mai set-up

webfact

• Replies 135
  • Created
  • Last Reply
19 minutes ago, payttayasquirt said:

Humpty dumpty on the left looks like he wouldn't be able to get up if knocked over without a crane.

Nothing scary about these guys, just fat pieces of shit

talks cheap whisky cost money, if these 2 guys come knocking at your door late one night i wonder if you would be so brave???????????

1 minute ago, catman20 said:

talks cheap whisky cost money, if these 2 guys come knocking at your door late one night i wonder if you would be so brave???????????

Nahh all of those above mouthing off are gutless cowards, easy to talk tough hiding behind their computers LOL 

3 hours ago, snooky said:

Giving out the name of the informer has been against the law in the US (and probably other countries) since around 1963 after a picture was published of a person who pointed out a notorious bank robber (Willie Sutton) to the police and was subsequently killed by the mob within a few days afterward.  Where are the brains???  How do authorities expect people to come forward with information on criminal activities when this process continues?

because the police are...oh never mind.

6 hours ago, lemonjelly said:

Let the tossers lose a few kg and contract TB in over the space of a few years in a Thai prison before deportation.

Nah, don't waste time. Deal with them now and ship them back to their countries of origin as deck cargo on a submarine.  :cheesy:

5 hours ago, worgeordie said:

There's a woman who lives in our Mooban,she has Farang husband,covered

in tatts,seems to spent most of his time in Bangkok,anyway,she told the guard

if big men on motorbikes come asking about me,say nothing,she seems very paranoid

calling the guard 2-3 times a night saying she hears noises outside the house.

Maybe coincidence,who knows,but if she finds this out I am sure she will sleep lot better. 

regards Worgeordie

..that's nice dear.

1 hour ago, catman20 said:

They would not get past the front gate never mind knocking on the door.

Please don't tell me your intimidated? Seriously.. Your right I bet you would pay whatever Humpty dumpty asked for at your front door..
Your Mrs and family would be proud! Ugghhh.

4 hours ago, BaldRichard said:

Harley will do it ok.

Cannot see riding round with the wife and kids on a Honda Click as being viable

Harley, a greatly over rated motorbike but even that would not support this blob. The rear suspension would be maxed out and the engine put under tremendous strain.

Look at him, morbidly obese does not even begin to describe him.

What he needs is a John Deere 3200

Image result for JOHN DEERE 3200 TELESCOPIC FORKLIFT

6 hours ago, sandrew33 said:

So, in such circumstances, you are condoning - right? 

If he owes money under some sort of contact then the correct approach is to seek to collect it my legal means. 

Sending 2 big bastards to threaten to kill his family is extortion. There's no "...well..." about it. 

At the legal interest rates no one but a bank would loan money.

7 hours ago, worgeordie said:

There's a woman who lives in our Mooban,she has Farang husband,covered

in tatts,seems to spent most of his time in Bangkok,anyway,she told the guard

if big men on motorbikes come asking about me,say nothing,she seems very paranoid

calling the guard 2-3 times a night saying she hears noises outside the house.

Maybe coincidence,who knows,but if she finds this out I am sure she will sleep lot better. 

regards Worgeordie

In your Mooban Hmmm, a bit close to home for you

Husband covered in tatts, what does that mean Hmmm, apart from he is covered in Tatts

Him spending most of his time in Bangkok makes you wonder

Do you have nett curtains up your windows

As you appear to be on first name terms with the guard, why dont you tell him then he can tell her the good news as they seem to be in regular contact

I think this would be your safest option as far as her old man is concerned

Then she could as you say sleep better at night, plus the guard could also get his head down

If you know the real names of these guys , try a google search , there could be a past criminal record on them . They do not look like your average tourist . 

Well...I see it this way

The "Said to be" debt collectors can always get a legal writ from the person who is owed the money stating that they are there to collect the debt on behalf or the person or company owed the money.

They can also go to the police and inform them they are going to attempt to collect the debt on behalf of the person owed the money and serve legal notice and verification  of their purpose and their intent.

They can also get a Judge to verify that they can legally collect the money on behalf of the person owned the money.

They can do it legally in several ways including showing up with a Thai registered debt collector so there is no misunderstanding about why they are there and all done legally.

If the man supposedly owing the money complains then at least the debt collectors attempted to collect the debt owed in a proper legal manner.

Extortion of money or under threat to do bodily harm if said debt is not paid is another matter and yet to be proven....but lets wait and see.

Cheers 

1 hour ago, oldlakey said:

In your Mooban Hmmm, a bit close to home for you

Husband covered in tatts, what does that mean Hmmm, apart from he is covered in Tatts

Him spending most of his time in Bangkok makes you wonder

Do you have nett curtains up your windows

As you appear to be on first name terms with the guard, why dont you tell him then he can tell her the good news as they seem to be in regular contact

I think this would be your safest option as far as her old man is concerned

Then she could as you say sleep better at night, plus the guard could also get his head down

Do you have a problem Hmmmm. just looked at your past posts, yes you do need help.  Hmmm

regards worgeordie

5 hours ago, digger70 said:

I say If you owe money make sure that you owe it to a bank not loansharks or mafia lenders ,you could end up dead.say no more!

The banks and legit money lending companies do not lend money out to anyone willy nilly. Loan applicants have to prove they have means to pay back the loans. This is why people that cannot qualify for legit loans decide to join the fat bastards club. Thai people especially frequently go to loans sharks when they are in desperate need of cash. Many do fall foul of the heavy mob when they fail to pay back the loans. But when people are desperate they only think of getting out their present predicaments and don`t worry about what consequences may occur later on. It`s like selling the soul to the devil and it`s these desperate people that the loan sharks prey on and what keeps them in business.

EDUCATION for the dimmer ones here 

EXTORTION 

When I come to your place of business or whatever and tell you that each month you have to pay me for protection 

THAT IS EXTORTION

These guys are not guilty of that 

THEY ARE DEBT COLLECTORS simple as that nothing different that happens every day in Thailand  by thais 

I find it incredible that everyone takes the charges as gospel when people are innocent until proven guilty 

This guys DEBT is not forgiven just because these 2 have been arrested there will be others to follow up on this 

BORROW MONEY 

PAY YOUR DEBTS simple really 

if you get yourself in a position that you have to go to a money leader its your own fault as you can see the writing on the wall before you get to that stage. dont borrow money if you cant pay it back. people who do deserve what they get.

Does that apply to their families & kids?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

13 hours ago, BaldRichard said:

The real name is translated a lot better on some Thai sites and quite easy to work out.  First name reported in OP is correct as in Leonard (so also Leo or Len).  It is also being reported thathe mention to Paul as a general whinge that he was owed a debt from a business investment in a restaurant in CM to the extent that he believed he had been dudded by his business partner.  Then we have the grey area where Paul says he was tasked with collecting, while Len says it was just a whinge to a fellow Oz and evidenced that by showing that he had reported the initial business dispute to the Police a few weeks later.  Then alleged that Paul fronts up and says that he and Ad are out of pocket from attempting to collect on disputed business dealing between Len and partner.

Anyhow all have been here ten years plus and certainly Len and Ad have wife and kids here, so somewhat sorry for them.  Seeing that you an drive unlicensed of a bridge and kill 9 in Bangkok, and drive into cyclists here in CM and klll and still not be troubled by imprisonment, and that surely a decade in CM had taight them something whether there are prospects for this to go away....after all, it's just about money :smile:  or is this going to go all the way as bad Farangs under the "good guys in, bad guy out" campaign.

Or, as so often,  we never hear any more about it again.........until the next arrests

welcome back mambo jumbo mods catch on

Archived