Russian kills "fellow countryman" in Jomtien beach accident this morning

webfact

5 hours ago, Gold Star said:

I live here, and the design IS in fact relevant as in it's current state, it forces more traffic onto Jomtien Beach Road. Second Road's poor placement of U-turns, lack of access, and intersections forces you to drive a significant distance out of your way in order to get around the area. It is an obstacle. The way it is now, it is mostly used as a drag strip or racetrack as it is an awesome uninterrupted straightaway. If I want to get 50m across to the next neighbourhood to get drinking water, I must travel about 1.5 to 2 kms using the stupid second road. Many others are also forced to use the busy slow Jomtien Beach Road as it is the most viable option although you travel like a snail.

Rip out the barriers on second road, so traffic can easily get where they are going, and see an immediate reduction in volume on Jomtien Beach Road, and less accidents there.

So what relevance does all that about the design of Second Road and the inconvenience of your buying drinking water have to do with the alleged condition of Jomtiem Beach Road's pavements?

7 hours ago, robertthebruce said:

Just last week, in the UK, they have doubled the fine and Points on your Licence..

but really anyone caught driving and on the mobile, should loose there Licence..

countless deaths because of this...

Selfish....for sure...

I have personally witnessed 2 accidents involving cars as a pedestrian were the drivers have sailed past me slammed into traffic stopped at a red light, I have also seen many drivers who very obviously were not paying attention to what they were doing and driving dangerously...........guess what they were doing, they had their faces buried in phones......see it every time I am out on the roads.....................what is this idiot doing....go past and guess what...........face buried in a mobile phone

I have said here many times that I believe at least 50% of RTA's here are caused by mobile phone use, throw in blatant stupidity - drunk driving and a total disregard for the law (because it is not enforced) and what do you have.....................................the worst road traffic accident record in the world.................yes Thailand can actually claim a Hub that is accurate...........the World HUB capital of Road Traffic Accidents not just in Asia .....it is an undisputed world HUB Title...........well done

WHY ? because Thais like breaking the rules and there is nothing stopping them, there is no deterrent, every aspect of law enforcement In this country is about money collection....................rules only come into force when you refuse to pay.

3RD world and always will be until proper law enforcement exists  

Yes officially Thailand can claim to be a HUB...........World HUB leader in road accidents and fatalities

5 hours ago, balo said:

The news report said morning but clearly this is in the middle of the night. Lots of drunk driving going on and if you have to walk , walk on the pavement if you can.  Maybe the victim was not focused and drunk too.   A direct hit like that will kill even if he was driving around 60 km/h .   

The report clearly stated that the accident happened at 3am, that's 3 o'clock in the morning in anyone's language.  Maybe the victim was not drunk and maybe the driver was not driving at 60kph, where did that speed come from?  What's the point of such uninformed speculation?

I nearly hit a woman the other day ,she was talking on her phone and just walked straight into the road without glancing up , when i hit the horn ,she looked at me as if to say "hey i am walking here " she is lucky i was not going to fast or she would have been laying in the road .

17 hours ago, catman20 said:

i know the area well obviously  better than you as the accident happened on beach road not second road.:post-4641-1156694572:

Not so obviously. The point I was making was in regards to assuming roads are for motorbikes & cars, sidewalks are for walking. That assumption could result in visit to hospital or worse. I live off of second road. I could tell it happened on Beach Road by businesses etc in background. Many tour buses park at night on beach side of Second Road, so wondered it happened there til I looked at vid. The story is poorly written: "found under the wheel of a tour bus" made me think he got hit and then run over by bus, which wasn't the same but outcome was.

43 minutes ago, Emster23 said:

Not so obviously. The point I was making was in regards to assuming roads are for motorbikes & cars, sidewalks are for walking. That assumption could result in visit to hospital or worse. I live off of second road. I could tell it happened on Beach Road by businesses etc in background. Many tour buses park at night on beach side of Second Road, so wondered it happened there til I looked at vid. The story is poorly written: "found under the wheel of a tour bus" made me think he got hit and then run over by bus, which wasn't the same but outcome was.

5 out of 10 for the recovery post:cheesy:

sure but i find looking first before you do that keeps you alive[emoji3]

Yes me 2 but I would have added that in the original post. Constantly having to step in to the roads to avoid Parked motor bikes/stalls,lamp post etc. Is one of the most frustrating things for me in Thailand. Saying that I do always look.

Sent from my SM-G900F using Tapatalk

15 hours ago, robertthebruce said:

Just last week, in the UK, they have doubled the fine and Points on your Licence..

but really anyone caught driving and on the mobile, should loose there Licence..

countless deaths because of this...

Selfish....for sure...

I see people driving their motorbikes here using their phones on the daily. However, a guy I saw last week really took the biscuit. I was driving home at around 8pm along an unlit road that is actually quite busy despite the lack of street lights. He, of course had no helmet as he was Thai, he had no lights switched on his bike, the traffic was pretty bad but we were all going around 50-60kmh, and yeah he was texting lol... 

The world has gone mad.

If you look around there are people everywhere glued to notsosmart phones stuck in their virtue signalling, social media ghettos. It's like Dawn of the Dead. A Zombified population scrolling up and down looking for something to "like" and to comment on to receive social media browny points.

Is it any wonder there are so many accidents around the world due to millions of peoples serious physiological addiction to the likes of Facebook whilst not taking a blind bit of notice to what is going on around them when out and about.

Sent from my computer at home.

On 3/17/2017 at 3:23 PM, JustNo said:

We all know that back home in our developed nations that this Russian would now be facing time in prison for involuntary manslaughter and driving offences, but I am and always have been confused as to what happens here in these situations. We all know money talks in Thailand but I have not heard much about the aftermath of these incidents with farang killing people either by bike or car, what would be the 'standard' or 'normal' sentence he is probably looking at realistically? 

I know an incident where a foreigner killed a Thai pedestrian. He got away by paying 100 K. 

Each case is different. It depends who died in the incident. 

I know an incident where a foreigner killed a Thai pedestrian. He got away by paying 100 K. 

I herd a story years ago about a French guy who was famous for drinking and driving on ko samui. Apparently he hit a motorbike with with a couple of Burmese people on it. Killing them Both because they turned out to be illegals just paid some cash. And was back drinking and driving the next day.

I herd a story years ago about a French guy who was famous for drinking and driving on ko samui. Apparently he hit a motorbike with with a couple of Burmese people on it. Killing them Both because they turned out to be illegals just paid some cash. And was back drinking and driving the next day.

I hope he had some sleepless nights after klling 2 people .

23 hours ago, juice777 said:

Yes me 2 but I would have added that in the original post. Constantly having to step in to the roads to avoid Parked motor bikes/stalls,lamp post etc. Is one of the most frustrating things for me in Thailand. Saying that I do always look.

see looking first keeps you alive:smile:

The world has gone mad.

If you look around there are people everywhere glued to notsosmart phones stuck in their virtue signalling, social media ghettos. It's like Dawn of the Dead. A Zombified population scrolling up and down looking for something to "like" and to comment on to receive social media browny points.

Is it any wonder there are so many accidents around the world due to millions of peoples serious physiological addiction to the likes of Facebook whilst not taking a blind bit of notice to what is going on around them when out and about.

Sent from my computer at home.

Right on!![emoji106] [emoji106]

Sent from my SM-G920F using Thaivisa Connect mobile app

On March 18, 2560 BE at 9:41 PM, Thunder26 said:

I guess it does come down to status, how many police are involved etc yeah. I assume that was 100k baht right? That is really not a lot of money at all. Was the person you know in the wrong, drunk / no license / speeding? 

Archived