METV after ED visa

Hi all,

Im sure this have been posted about lots of times. But im still confused, so im sorry if im missing the obvious.

Im currently on a ED "visa" 90 days with 3 extensions, and im soon due on the last. Im looking to stay for minimum another 3 months before im getting a work permit.

I guess that my only option is to go to laos, and get the METV. I have a car, so i want to drive myself.

My question is. Is there any other possibility than going to laos (savannakhet) and if I have to go there, what do I need of papers ect.

Im 41 years old, Danish, living in hua hin and currently making my money outside the country.

Hope to get some qualified help from you gents.

Thanks in advance.

You will not be able to get an METV (multiple entry tourist visa) anywhere except back home in Denmark.

You can get an SETV (single entry tourist visa) in Laos, but I recommend you do this in Vientiane  where the requirements are much more relaxed.

If you still want to apply for an SETV in Savannakhet, look for recent threads here where the stricter requirements (onward flight, bank book and possibly hotel reservations) are explained. For instance,

http://www.thaivisa.com/forum/topic/973341-savannakhet-setv-report/

Thank you very much Brittim. I wanted to go savannakhet cause i was trying to avoid all the other visa runners and endless ques. but it seems like  its way easier to go to vientienne.

All i need in vientienne is myself and my passport ? recon i can make the pics and paper work outside the embassey

3 hours ago, Usi said:

Thank you very much Brittim. I wanted to go savannakhet cause i was trying to avoid all the other visa runners and endless ques. but it seems like  its way easier to go to vientienne.

All i need in vientienne is myself and my passport ? recon i can make the pics and paper work outside the embassey

Yes, passport and cash in hand, you can arrange the paperwork on arrival at the consulate in Vientiane. Personally, I always have a bunch of photos in my wallet but, as I recall, you can get photos done near the consulate in an emergency.

thank you very much,  I know many have asked the same as me. but I wanted to be certain that they let me in again. All I own is in Thailand, and wouldnt know what to do if I got rejected :) i will bring some pics a long.

Again, than you very much.