More stains on Pattaya's reputation as filthy water ruins a day at the sea

webfact

More stains on Pattaya's reputation as filthy water ruins a day at the sea

1pm.jpg

Picture: 77Jowo

PATTAYA: -- Filthy water is ruining a day at the seaside for tourists visiting Wong Amat beach in North Pattaya.

Reporters from 77Jowo reported from the beach at the weekend that foul smelling black water was flooding into the sea.

A nearby condo was suspected by no one named names.

Shell collectors on a day out said it was always like this - and the dirt and smells not only spoiled their day at the seaside but was bad for the image of Pattaya and terrible for tourism.

The authorities were asked to get their act together quick and find out why it was happening and put an end to it.

Source: 77Jowo

tvn_logo.jpg
-- © Copyright Thai Visa News 2017-03-20

Its easy to put a stop to this...just bring a defamation suit against anyone  posting "bad images of Pattaya"

no need to build those costly water treatment plants and  kilometer long discharge pipes etc etc

where is the sarcasm emoticon ?

2 minutes ago, johng said:

Its easy to put a stop to this...just bring a defamation suit against anyone  posting "bad images of Pattaya"

no need to build those costly water treatment plants and  kilometer long discharge pipes etc etc

where is the sarcasm emoticon ?

Here are a few sarcasm emoticons for you! LOL

:w00t::whistling::bah::blink::cheesy::giggle:

3 minutes ago, Thaiwrath said:

So nothing has changed in 26 years.

It has changed...  it got worse !    :sick:

and that part of the beach as you can see in the background of the photo above

is home to "5 star" hotels and very expensive condos.

I pop down there a lot over the last few years, a couple of times a week and in all fairness never seen any sludge. There is garbage that gets washed up/left behind but a quick sweep of the area to sit doesn't take long. For a beach in the centre of the city its usually not that bad.

12 minutes ago, darksidedog said:

It would be news if it was suddenly found to be clean!

wait a few days for the "perfectly normal seasonal algae bloom"  statement from an official  to make an appearance in the news.

Went Samet for weekend. Beach was absolute filth. Plastic bootles toothbrashes medicine packs car oil containers all the way. Them bars BBQing on beach and they dont bother with it. It was tons of it.

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

24 minutes ago, hyku1147 said:

I pop down there a lot over the last few years, a couple of times a week and in all fairness never seen any sludge. There is garbage that gets washed up/left behind but a quick sweep of the area to sit doesn't take long. For a beach in the centre of the city its usually not that bad.

Let me me get this straight you have to sweep up a place to sit down???

3 hours ago, Xaos said:

Went Samet for weekend. Beach was absolute filth. Plastic bootles toothbrashes medicine packs car oil containers all the way. Them bars BBQing on beach and they dont bother with it. It was tons of it.

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

Agree.  It was beautiful and clean when I first came to Thailand 27 years ago.  It's a sewer now and he smell of sewage is everywhere.  

Archived