Baan Chao Praya, Baan Chao Phraya

Baan Chao Phraya

Baan Chao Praya

The management will never tell you this:

The city view side has the live band playing next door at the Seafood Place, till late, 7 days a week.

There is rotting foundation of a 50 story building next to it that will get completed and block the entire view.

The quieter, Temple side, has 200 dogs barking day and nite right below.

I can hear them now. It's terrible. Sounds like the worlds biggest kennel.

The head of Security let my ex wife into my apartment. The place got trashed and I was robbed.

They have a superb video security system but somehow, they lost the critical footage of them letting her in.

The worthless manager let a Hooligan and 7 friends occupy the 1 bedroom unit above me.

He won't even accept my calls about the racket I endure from overhead. Its 11;30 and I hear all sorts of noise. The manager does nothing.Disconected his phone.

Cars get stolen from the parking lot.

Security speaks Thai so don't count on help in an emergency.

They promise to fix things and nothing happens.

Sorry to hear about your bad experience Skipper. I guess it doesn't matter where folks live there will always be a mix of good and bad experiences.

I've lived in 7 condos in Thailand (5 Bkk, 2 outside) and the best of the bunch so far for me was the Baan Chao-praya. I was on the top floor (31) city side, and I can't say enough good about the place. In fact, if and when I return to Bkk, I'll be looking them up as a first option.

It's true about the restaurant music, but it didn't bother us with the doors shut and it was pretty background with them open, but I guess being on the top made it less of a problem. As far as the barking from the Soi dogs is concerned, well, show me a place in Bangkok that doesn't have the yapping packs!

Aitch

When you do go look at apartmrnts there, do me a favor and ask if that lazy, good for nothing, manager is still working there first.

I called the lazy manager the other nite about my rotton neighbors and he would not respond. never sent the guard.

The guard did come knock on my door though.(just to piss me off I suppose)

Since I am the one filing complaint, it seems they will just get rid of me.

The 8 people living above contiinue to destroy that apartment and the poor owner is not aware.Some strange activity in that unit. Are the 8 people in there running a factory, what??

I've been checking with other tenents and the Manager Mr Watanit is a real sleazball.

Like I said, they let my ex wife into my place to rob me. When I told him he was responsible, he looked me in the eye and said "I had givin her a key." Big lie with a big Thai smile. We both know the truth.

Is that the kind of person that you want looking after you?

Edited by The Skipper

Just don't expect any service from the manager at Baan Chao Praya.

Last nite the punk above me ran a hammer drill.

After complaining about the 8 people living above me in the 1 bedroom apartment for 9 months , he won't do a thing.

Won't even pick up my call. Won't send a guard.

This morning, the manager says they will go ask them about it.

Go ask?

I pay my bills on time and am taking care of my place. I want some action.

Somehow, my ex wife tracked down where I lived.

The Manager, Mr watanit, then let my ex wife into my apartment while I was away. I was robbed and my place trashed.

Mr Watanit then says he lost the security video and looked my in the eye and says I gave her a key.

I asked for a written report of the incedent. Still nothing.

Avoid the Baan Chao Phraya is my advice.

I will be moving and will be encouraging anybody looking at the place to reconsider.

The noise from above my apartment is increasing and now , the Manager, Mr. Watanit, says don't call. Better to move he says.

It's obvious he is not concerned about my landlords loss of income and the 8 bozoz living in the 1 bedroom unit above me continue to destroy the place.

I lived there for 4 years & never had any issue with the management. Then again, I regularly dropped off snacks/beer to Security/boat drivers/manager. I was always polite & courteous to them & had a laugh & a joke with them on many occasions.

On the few occasions that I complained about noisy neighbours - the security guys went around and sorted things quickly. When I brought something big or heavy in - they'd all jump to help me - without a tip. All in all, a very pleasant place to be.

• 3 months later...

I am surprised to find this discussion on another blog...

I too have lived in Baan Chao for quite a while and I must say that I have never found any problem at all with the building or the management, or for that matter any of the staff.

As for the dogs on the temple side, well, honestly, I don't hear them. I'm on the 26th floor.

Sure there is some noise from Yok Yor Marina at night, but its not an issue if you live on the temple side, and if you live on the Yok Yor side, the solution is simple....close your windows!

Re the drilling: well, as I said on the other blog by the Skipper, I have never heard it...and believe me, in a concrete structure, the drilling would go through every floor.

My advice to anyone thinking of living there is: don't hesitate. Sure, check it out for yourself and ask current residents. It is a gem.