Dead squirrel blamed for messing up the beach in Pattaya!

webfact

Dead squirrel blamed for messing up the beach in Pattaya!

4am.jpg

Picture: 77Jowo

PATTAYA: -- Municipal authorities in Pattaya have come up with a novel excuse for the terrible sewage spewing out into Wong Amat beach in North Pattaya at the weekend.

They have blamed a squirrel.

The animal was found to have caused a short that led to a pump malfunctioning. This meant that raw sewage from a treatment facility at a reservoir nearby entered the sea for a while.

The culprit was found dead.

Electrical engineers have been changing a high voltage fuse and the Pattaya authorities said that everything was now back to normal, reported 77Jowo.

Tourists and locals had cried foul at the weekend and demanded an inquiry as the sea turned black and smelly on a whole swathe of the beach.

Source: 77Jowo

tvn_logo.jpg
-- © Copyright Thai Visa News 2017-03-21

The squirrel population must be getting nervous now, thats two incidents they have been responsible for in the last few days, much more and the exterminators will be out to eradicate them all!!! Run little squirrels....hide!!!

1 hour ago, LennyW said:

The squirrel population must be getting nervous now, thats two incidents they have been responsible for in the last few days, much more and the exterminators will be out to eradicate them all!!! Run little squirrels....hide!!!

I lived in Pattaya for 7 years and saw one, just ONE squirrel in that entire time, and that was in the woods, 30 miles outside of town.

Now, if they'd said rat, I'd believe them. I've seen hundreds of them in town.

57 minutes ago, jaywalker said:

I lived in Pattaya for 7 years and saw one, just ONE squirrel in that entire time, and that was in the woods, 30 miles outside of town.

You havent been looking in enough switchboards then and especially in Pattaya, near the red lights.

3 minutes ago, Emster23 said:

That answer does sound a bit squirrely, doesn't it? A bit nuts, to say the least. I've seen decent number of those bushy tailed rats on Jomtien Beach.

I suppose I was too busy trying to not get run over by either a moto or a katoey or a bus or a mob of Chinese tourists to be able to pay attention to the squirrels?

1 hour ago, Emster23 said:

That answer does sound a bit squirrely, doesn't it? A bit nuts, to say the least. I've seen decent number of those bushy tailed rats on Jomtien Beach.

squirrels are just as re-VOLTING as rats

3 hours ago, jaywalker said:

They seem to have got rid of the rats, I walked almost the full length of Beach Road twice last week and never saw any rats.

6 minutes ago, possum1931 said:

They seem to have got rid of the rats, I walked almost the full length of Beach Road twice last week and never saw any rats.

you do realise that rat tastes very like chicken according stuff I have read

3 hours ago, jaywalker said:

Many of them in uniform

7 minutes ago, smedly said:

I was at my in-laws place in Surin once, having bought some fresh fish for dinner.

Father-in-law was BBQ-ing some rice field rats. OOOOH Yummy!

I stayed with fish for the evening.

3502e9c459b76146dcc8762dc25364e8.jpg

3 minutes ago, hotchilli said:

Squirrel & drink.jpg

The only squirrel I ever saw near Pattaya was in a National Park about a 30 minute drive back towards BKK. I cannot pronounce the name of it, so never bothered to remember it. There's a small waterfall there in the wet season & I had my 4 year old daughter with me.

We had a great time that day. She was rock climbing about like a squirrel.

Anyhow it was a gorgeous red varmint.squirrel-4.jpeg

4 hours ago, jaywalker said:

I see them every day. They like to run on power cables.

46 minutes ago, smedly said:

8 minutes ago, possum1931 said:

No I have never tasted rat, and don't intend to.

exactly my point - how do you know you haven't

2 minutes ago, alocacoc said:

I see them every day. They like to run on power cables.

Like I said before, there's plenty of wild drivers as well as crazy people in Pattaya/Jomtien, and that's all I seem to have my radar focused on...(as well as the female eye candy), so I never noticed any squirrels. 

I'll take your word for it that they exist in Pattaya.

Archived