Dead squirrel blamed for messing up the beach in Pattaya!

webfact

I lived in Pattaya for 7 years and saw one, just ONE squirrel in that entire time, and that was in the woods, 30 miles outside of town.

Now, if they'd said rat, I'd believe them. I've seen hundreds of them in town.

I see them most days I go to beach in Jomiten.

Sent from my SM-G900F using Tapatalk

Just now, juice777 said:

You can't street rats only the ones that live in the rice fields.

Yeah, the rice field rats eat rice. Probably OK to eat, but revolting to look at.

Street rats eat garbage. Squirrels eat vegetation.

I've ate squirrel & snakes & a couple bugs, but never rat.

Rattlesnake does indeed taste like chicken. The Thai bugs I ate reminded me of Lay's potato chips.

I did a some squirrel hunting in my youth, in Florida & they were great for target practice, and actually tasted pretty decent, they were a right royal pain to skin and gut.

Yeah, the rice field rats eat rice. Probably OK to eat, but revolting to look at.

Street rats eat garbage. Squirrels eat vegetation.

I've ate squirrel & snakes & a couple bugs, but never rat.

Rattlesnake does indeed taste like chicken. The Thai bugs I ate reminded me of Lay's potato chips.

I did a some squirrel hunting in my youth, in Florida & they were great for target practice, and actually tasted pretty decent, they were a right royal pain to skin and gut.

Some people eat them in the UK to not that I have ever done it. But only the grey ones which we are trying to wipe out. Looks like a lot of work to skin and gut with only a little meat if you ask me.

The Thai bugs I ate once reminded me of Twilglets , but that was only once ever since then they have made me want to puke.

1 minute ago, WhizBang said:

So no alarms on the pumps to indicate a malfunction?   Retorical question.  Never mind.

15 minutes ago, juice777 said:

Some people eat them in the UK to not that I have ever done it. But only the grey ones which we are trying to wipe out. Looks like a lot of work to skin and gut with only a little meat if you ask me.

The Thai bugs I ate once reminded me of Twilglets , but that was only once ever since then they have made me want to puke.

Why trying to wipe them out? Just curious.

I spent some time in Georgia, (USA) & my neighbor put "flashing" (metal sheets) on his pecan tree trunks to keep the squirrels off his nuts, so to speak.

The squirrels were hilarious bouncing off it.

I had a little tiny dog, that would chase anything, weighed about 10 lbs & managed to kill one.

I hold no grudges against the tree rats, but it was a year before one dared venture into my back yard again.

3 hours ago, realenglish1 said:

Ya ya The natural wild animal and bug population can be nerve racking 

The other day a band of mosquitoes shorted out  my cell phone

Those little guys just dont give up Much like the suicide squirrels  

A cat blew the transformer in the back of our condo years ago. The transformer had to be replaced. Its treated as funny about the squirrel but due to someones negligence a whole swath of ocean was polluted. Also an inquisitive child could have poked their fingers into the box as well.

18 minutes ago, jaywalker said:

The grey squirrel  was "introduced" to the British Isles  and caused so much havoc with the native red squirrel population that they almost disappeared...so grey squirrels are fair game.

1 hour ago, smedly said:

exactly my point - how do you know you haven't

As I have said in a post a little while back, I never buy cooked chicken at any market stall as people are always handling it and their

fingers could have been anywhere, but if KFC are giving out fried rat instead of chicken then I have tasted it, but that is not to say I am 

a fan of KFC, I object to their very small portions of French Fries, and only use them when it is the only western restaurant available where ever I am.

1 minute ago, possum1931 said:

As I have said in a post a little while back, I never buy cooked chicken at any market stall as people are always handling it and their

fingers could have been anywhere, but if KFC are giving out fried rat instead of chicken then I have tasted it, but that is not to say I am 

a fan of KFC, I object to their very small portions of French Fries, and only use them when it is the only western restaurant available where ever I am.

You should stick to eating possum. :shock1:

Sorry Dude, I couldn't resist. :smile:

I was driving down Sukhumvit in  BKK, when my daughter pointed up towards the electric cables above and shouted " Look Dad a Sky Rat"! I laughed  because it was a squirrel running along the cables. But I have since been told the Thai's call squirrels sky rats. So technically she was  right..

3 minutes ago, Freespirit said:

I was driving down Sukhumvit in  BKK, when my daughter pointed up towards the electric cables above and shouted " Look Dad a Sky Rat"! I laughed  because it was a squirrel running along the cables. But I have since been told the Thai's call squirrels sky rats. So technically she was  right..

Makes sense. Hilarious!

Got a Sky Train, why not a Sky Rat?

Dongtan beach and Jomtien beach have many squirrels. The locals have put half coconut shells up with food in them to eat and if you are awake/alert/not blind you would see them scampering up and down.

The Big Buddha Hill has many - mostly black squirrels and I have seen many running around, View Talay one , two and the roofs of surruonding houses.

I spent some time in Georgia, (USA) & my neighbor put "flashing" (metal sheets) on his pecan tree trunks to keep the squirrels off his nuts, so to speak.

The squirrels were hilarious bouncing off it.

I had a little tiny dog, that would chase anything, weighed about 10 lbs & managed to kill one.

I hold no grudges against the tree rats, but it was a year before one dared venture into my back yard again.

Because they are illegal immigrants from the USA

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/earth/wildlife/10705527/History-of-grey-squirrels-in-UK.html

...So then...... a very  important piece of pumping equipment...that when it malfunctions  pollutes a popular tourist beach for a "while"...has no automatic signalling device linked to a control room or servicemans beeper/cellphone to warn of a malfunction/stoppage...so that quick remedial action/repairs can be undertaken......???...or did the squirrel cause that to malfunction as well......

22 hours ago, Bangkok Barry said:

So the fuse box was left unlocked for any person or animal to enter? :shock1: Very professional.

Not sure where you got that from, the picture above may well just be a stock item.

I can't read the Thai article to be sure but a squirrel could cause a high voltage trip out just by crossing wires which aren't insulated. This happened in my area but it was a snake and resulted in loss of a phase.

Seems as though the sewage system fails to over spill into the sea!

5 hours ago, jacko45k said:

Not sure where you got that from, the picture above may well just be a stock item.

I can't read the Thai article to be sure but a squirrel could cause a high voltage trip out just by crossing wires which aren't insulated. This happened in my area but it was a snake and resulted in loss of a phase.

Seems as though the sewage system fails to over spill into the sea!

Whichever way, the box was left unlocked and the squirrel could get in, or there were uninsulated (bare) wires left. Neither is good, or professional.

19 hours ago, Bangkok Barry said:

Whichever way, the box was left unlocked and the squirrel could get in, or there were uninsulated (bare) wires left. Neither is good, or professional.

The high voltage wires which feed to a transformer are not insulated.

Archived