Woman in Chumpon offers reward to help catch ‘monk’ who stole her iPhone

webfact

Woman offers reward to help catch ‘monk’ who stole her iPhone

ch.jpg

Picture: Sanook

CHUMPON: --  A woman in Chumpon has offered a 5,000 baht for information that can help catch two men disguised as monks who stole her iPhone.

The audacious theft was captured on CCTV where a man dressed as a monk can be seen stealing an iPhone and hiding it in his orange robes, reported Sanook.

The two men are believed to have entered a rice shop belonging to Orati Kongmun asking for donations.

When a member of staff went upstairs to call her boss who was attending to a broken air conditioning unit, one of the monks reached over a desk and took Miss Kongmun’s phone.

However, when the woman returned the men had fled and Miss Kongmun’s iPhone was missing.

After checking CCTV footage she saw that the men had taken her phone before leaving.

“That phone is very important to my business because it has all the numbers of my customers, as well as my accounts."

“I am so angry about this and am offering a 5,000 Thai baht reward", she told WorkPoint TV.

The incident happened around 4.40pm on March 17. The two men are thought to be around 20 years of age.

Source: Sanook

tvn_logo.jpg
-- © Copyright Thai Visa News 2017-03-21

“That phone is very important to my business because it has all the numbers of my customers, as well as my accounts."

what would she do if her phone broke down?

I wouldn't solely rely on the SIM card information only. 

doesn't she have a backup of all the important numbers?  Maybe written onto a good old paper notepad written with an indelible lead pencil?  

A while back the wife wanted something blessed, went to 2 temples and there wasn't a body to be found. Go to any shopping establishment and there's hourds of them. Seen one a few nights ago leaving a small local shop with a Leo. Depressing seeing this religion made a mockery of.

Archived