More drugs party monks defrocked - this time in Krabi temple

webfact

More drugs party monks defrocked - this time in Krabi temple

2pm.jpg

Picture: Thairath

KRABI: -- Police and navy personnel raided a well known temple in the Ao Luk area of Krabi yesterday and arrested the abbot and most of the monks.

They were caught red handed in the monks' quarters enjoying a Ya Ba and Krathom leaf party with the dealer who had brought the drugs, reported Thai Rath.

Arrested were dealer Supharat Suwansang, 24, Phra Worawut Chunoi, 27, the abbot of Wat Praison in Khao Yai sub-district, Phra Thawatchai Khunthongkham, 25 and Phra Wuthichai Bangtiaw, 24.

Police found the drugs in their possession. They were all charged with possession of Class 5 and Class 1 drugs and drug taking.

Also arrested was Phra Amornsak Kamjornjak, 50, who tested positive for drug taking with purple urine.

All the four monks were taking for defrocking ahead of prosecution.

Supharat admitted that he had been hired by the abbot to deliver drugs to the temple.

Source: Thai Rath

tvn_logo.jpg
-- © Copyright Thai Visa News 2017-03-21

6 hours ago, Thaiwrath said:

Quite a few Thais join the monkhood because they have committed a criminal offence.

Maybe, nowadays, this is not such a good idea, with the antics they get up to wearing the sacred orange.

I believe most joined because they were ignored by their parents, 'some' were abused physically, mentally, and suffered from abandonment, mental health issues.

Out of  boredom many spent time on the streets, some in gangs, doing drugs, drinking and committed crimes. The military did not call on them because of their history and many had no where to go.

The temple became their home, their family and meditation saved many. 

Looks like the monks are gone to the dogs.From bad to worse .Every day the same ,more & more bad so called monks.Isn't about time that the people of Thailand wake up and stop the believe of the Monk bullshit.Religion is a Brainwash thing Nothing else.One can't believe what one can't see.End of story.

48 minutes ago, Kabula said:

I believe most joined because they were ignored by their parents, 'some' were abused physically, mentally, and suffered from abandonment, mental health issues.

Out of  boredom many spent time on the streets, some in gangs, doing drugs, drinking and committed crimes. The military did not call on them because of their history and many had no where to go.

I believe you need to do rather more research.

Most Thai men over 21 spend some time as a monk, often just 3 months or so. It is not an alternative to military service, nor because of family problems. On the contrary, the families have big parties to celebrate their son going into monkhood.

At present the news is cluttered with stories about a few wayward monks and corrupt abbots but they are a tiny minority and any positive news about monks is ignored as it doesn't fit the agenda. The crimes of the few should not be held against the ones that actually do some good.

2 hours ago, digger70 said:

Looks like the monks are gone to the dogs.From bad to worse .Every day the same ,more & more bad so called monks.Isn't about time that the people of Thailand wake up and stop the believe of the Monk bullshit.Religion is a Brainwash thing Nothing else.One can't believe what one can't see.End of story.

more and more Thai's are giving up on the Monks they don't know, years ago there were may of my neighbors  presenting alms every morning when the monks came by but now there are no more than three or four old folks standing on the corner. the monks brought this upon themselves by accepting anyone who wanted to be a monk without checking them out. the only temple here in Ubon that has a really good following is Wat Pa Na Na Chat they have all foreign monks and are a credit to the monk hood. the abbot does not tolerate any deviation from the pecepts. and not anyone can become a monk, there is a procedure (time consuming) that each person has to go thru and if they can't make it. he kicks them out!

9 hours ago, colinneil said:

Yet another crowd of crooks, masquerading as monks.

Nearly every day now you read about more monks committing crimes.

From the lowest to the highest, they think being a monk allows them to do anything.

Sounds like all religions, doesn't it

5 hours ago, Kabula said:

You have to be smoking something strong and double dipped in fantasy to come out with that utter nonsense. 

Exactly what would you base that tripe on! 

It's no secret that criminals go hide in the temples, I've met many monks over the years that set my spider senses tingling, and quite a number that made my skin crawl. 

You don't need to be psychic to know that they're wrong ones. 

14 hours ago, mrfill said:

I believe you need to do rather more research.

Most Thai men over 21 spend some time as a monk, often just 3 months or so. It is not an alternative to military service, nor because of family problems. On the contrary, the families have big parties to celebrate their son going into monkhood.

At present the news is cluttered with stories about a few wayward monks and corrupt abbots but they are a tiny minority and any positive news about monks is ignored as it doesn't fit the agenda. The crimes of the few should not be held against the ones that actually do some good.

I believe you should read and understand my content before you criticize. 

I guess you didn't take time to see the word "some!"

And, I don't have to do research because I don't read the news, because much of it is nonsense.

I actually live life and I have lived in Thailand for 11 years. Furthermore, my ex-girlfriend's brother was a senior monk.  Also, I lived with a Thai women for 7 years and her son did everything wrong and became a monk. I've heard all the stories from monks, Thais, and not the news like you.

I never said they don't do good things. I said the religion and meditation saved many.

If you don't take the time to read content some might allege you are a troll.  Not me of course.

9 hours ago, Steiner said:

You have to be smoking something strong and double dipped in fantasy to come out with that utter nonsense. 

Exactly what would you base that tripe on! 

It's no secret that criminals go hide in the temples, I've met many monks over the years that set my spider senses tingling, and quite a number that made my skin crawl. 

You don't need to be psychic to know that they're wrong ones. 

Your rude and ignorant on the subject.

See my response below to another  criticism. 

I believe you should read and understand my content before you criticize. 

I guess you didn't take time to see the word "some!"

And, I don't have to do research because I don't read the news, because much of it is nonsense.

I actually live life and I have lived in Thailand for 11 years. Furthermore, my ex-girlfriend's brother was a senior monk.  Also, I lived with a Thai women for 7 years and her son did everything wrong and became a monk. I've heard all the stories from monks, Thais, and not the news like you.

I never said they don't do good things. I said the religion and meditation saved many.

If you don't take the time to read content some might allege you are a troll.  Not me of course.

Changing your 'form' does not change one's 'content'...but it tends to be a very good hiding place,or so they thought.

Societal degeneration,once underway,leads to very rapid change in the social fabric.

But who's to say it's not a good thing.

• 10 months later...

Archived